UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Greetings and salutations!

1. Ashes
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 19:14:40

Greetings spinners! I started spinning in high school but completely stopped in college. Unfortunately my professors weren't too keen on the "distraction". When the opportunity came up to work with the guy who invented Polar pen (the ballpoint pen and stylus made entirely of magnets), I knew it was the perfect time to make a come back. My role is the official gatekeeper of the free Polar giveaways, and I have a few units to share *insert evil laugh*. If you're up for the challenge of creating a video of tricks with Polar, a contest or other challenge, I'd love to send you a unit (worth $35.95 each), all the while I'll be re-learning from you along the way. Happy to be an official UPSB'ian. Godspeed!

2. Soren
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 19:48:21

How fast is godspeed

3. Ashes
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 20:05:11

Soren wrote: How fast is godspeed
    According to the internet, it's "an expression of good wishes to a person." But I'm pretty sure the MythBusters could put a pen spinning speed value onto it. If I get a response, I'll post it. :S

4. Soren
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 20:22:58

Anyways, welcome to upsb.

5. Ashes
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 20:27:34

Soren wrote: Anyways, welcome to upsb.
    Thanks for being so welcoming! PS. I'm currently white rabbiting through your blog. Really digging this http://theowlparadigm.tumblr.com/post/88848769896/good-things-come-to-those-who-believe-better-things

6. Soren
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 20:39:11

Ashes wrote: Thanks for being so welcoming! PS. I'm currently white rabbiting through your blog. Really digging this http://theowlparadigm.tumblr.com/post/88848769896/good-things-come-to-those-who-believe-better-things
    You're kind words are heart felt. I'm glad you're enjoying my tumblr. I should really update it every now and then.

7. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 21:36:53

Ayyyy lmao. Welcome to UPSB! I actually bought a Polar pen and had it since February. I've yet to make a pen mod with it but it's absolutely fun to mess around with the magnets. xD

8. Ashes
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 22:27:47

JackyMacky wrote: Ayyyy lmao. Welcome to UPSB! I actually bought a Polar pen and had it since February. I've yet to make a pen mod with it but it's absolutely fun to mess around with the magnets. xD
    Hi Jacky! That is the greatest profile picture, possibly of all time :) It's really cool to hear that you got a Polar pen as part of the original Kickstarter campaign. I feel blessed that I get to work on this project. I have yet to see a pen mod video of Polar. If you're up for the challenge, I can hook you up with whatever color you don't have yet (or the same if you want the same colored magnets). Either way, keep smiling.

9. DioBrando
    Date: Wed, Nov 5 2014 01:57:14

i would love to do this!! shipping to NZ though?

10. Xzeria
    Date: Wed, Nov 5 2014 08:54:32

Welcome to UPSB!

11. sopi
    Date: Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:03:29

Welcome! Could i also have one of these pens? Would also do a vid for your company? By the way do you ship to switzerland?

12. Ashes
    Date: Wed, Nov 5 2014 18:08:04

:)

13. Ashes
    Date: Wed, Nov 5 2014 18:13:49

Of course! I have some good friends in Switzerland :) They've never seen pen spinning before. We must change this! Ps. Where do you normally post your vids?

sopi wrote: Welcome! Could i also have one of these pens? Would also do a vid for your company? By the way do you ship to switzerland?

14. Ashes
    Date: Wed, Nov 5 2014 18:20:54

DioBrando wrote: i would love to do this!! shipping to NZ though?
    Hmm... my previous message is missing. Grrr Chrome!!! I can't see why we can't ship to Nz :)

15. Ashes
    Date: Wed, Nov 5 2014 18:24:32

Thank you! It's a pleasure to be here.

16. HobbyLogics
    Date: Thu, Nov 6 2014 09:24:37

Dang, that's awesome. I saw the polar pen on the kickstarter and it looked sweet as hell. It's really a small world isn't it? Welcome to UPSB ^_^

17. Ashes
    Date: Thu, Nov 6 2014 20:04:53

Pleasure to meet the king of noobs. I hope you have business cards that say that. I've seen your videos before. Ps. According to Emilia, it's a big big world (horrible Karaoke joke!). Really appreciate the warm welcome. I have a lot to learn for you....all :)

18. MPC
    Date: Thu, Nov 6 2014 20:26:47

@Ashes didn't she also say "it's not a big big deal if you leave me"? Then Blackstreet be like: "Don't leeeeeeeave!" *there are very few people here who grew up in the 90s and so barely anyone will get these references. :( mpc.

19. Ashes
    Date: Thu, Nov 6 2014 22:29:43

lol yes, yes they did! Blackstreet also mentioned "Play on play that" which I assume is somehow related to spinning pens. If not, it should be :)

MPC wrote: @Ashes didn't she also say "it's not a big big deal if you leave me"? Then Blackstreet be like: "Don't leeeeeeeave!" *there are very few people here who grew up in the 90s and so barely anyone will get these references. :( mpc.