UPSB v4

Manipulative Arts / All competitive swimmers

1. Pen15
    Date: Mon, Nov 3 2014 22:00:56

Yo, I'm a swimmer. A breastroker to be more specific. Good at IM. I just wanna know if there's any penspinning swimmers out there. Especially in PA, USA. I know it doesn't really make sense for a swimmer to spin pen. (we're wet all the time and slippery).

2. Solid
    Date: Mon, Nov 3 2014 22:26:24

the name and the last sentence with parenthesis are the only things i read sorry and the breaststoking part

3. Voracity
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 00:37:18

I dont see why would it be weird for swimmers to spin pens OTL

4. Monk
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 00:56:04

how is this a manipulative art

5. Pen15
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 00:59:01

You are manipulating the body in weird ways (i think) to move in the water. Especially butterfly. I don't know how much of swimming is known to non-swimmers but butterfly is pretty manipulative.

6. Monk
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 01:45:15

Pen15 wrote: You are manipulating the body in weird ways (i think) to move in the water. Especially butterfly. I don't know how much of swimming is known to non-swimmers but butterfly is pretty manipulative.
    its a sport doe

7. Xzeria
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 08:37:25

^ It is a sport indeed. I did not know that.

8. Vedyl
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 11:41:22

Pen15 wrote: You are manipulating the body in weird ways (i think) to move in the water. Especially butterfly. I don't know how much of swimming is known to non-swimmers but butterfly is pretty manipulative.
    When people talk about manipulative art, it's more in the lines of you manipulate something that isn't you. eg. juggling, cardistry, pen spinning, yo-yo, cup stacking, etc If moving your arms in water is considered a manipulative art then running and pretty much any sport is too.

9. ShadowParadox
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 17:56:27

Im a swimmer! My favourite strokes are butterfly and IM.

10. Pen15
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 21:47:11

Just to clear some stuff up Vedyl, swimming is a hard sport. It is a skill. It takes years of swimming to perfect one stroke. There are over 50 styles of breastroke and that's just one stroke. Just ask ShadowParadox. Hes a swimmer. He'll back me up.

11. Vedyl
    Date: Wed, Nov 5 2014 00:06:10

Pen15 wrote: Just to clear some stuff up Vedyl, swimming is a hard sport. It is a skill. It takes years of swimming to perfect one stroke. There are over 50 styles of breastroke and that's just one stroke. Just ask ShadowParadox. Hes a swimmer. He'll back me up.
    Not to misunderstand, i said nothing about it being easy. I know it isnt. :D I simply commented on
    Monk: how is this a manipulative art[QUOTE]Pen15: You are manipulating the body in weird ways (i think) to move in the water. Especially butterfly. I don't know how much of swimming is known to non-swimmers but butterfly is pretty manipulative.
    [/QUOTE]