UPSB v4

Member Introductions / From Russia with love

1. Lantz
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 14:52:25

Hello UPSB, I’m Lantz, writing from cold Russia. I am pretty new in Pen Spinning right now – started to practice only 1,5 months ago with No Problem mod and later - Dr. KT (which is awesome IMHO). At the moment I can easily do Charge Normal (12, 23, 34) and Double 23-12, Sonic Rise, Twisted and Neo (12-T), Tripple Infinity Extended, TA Harmonic. I can do Shadow 12-12 one time of 15 approx. Actually I would like to thank this community for it’s existence. There is a lot of useful info here! Particularly I hated reverses and after some troubles with TA Harmonic (can't do it smoothly) looped in linkage Sonic 34-Double Charge-TA and wanted to leave the rest of revs till the better times, but after reading posts here I decided to pay closer attention to them. As a result I learned Charge Reverse (12) motion in 1 day, which seemed almost impossible before. It looks pretty messed up now, but I got the conception and now I am able to practice it. So happy:D Sonic reverse is on it's way. So again, thank you guys for sharing your experience and being so friendly to noobs!

2. Vedyl
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 15:58:51

Hey Lantz, hope you have a great time!

3. cTreative_
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 17:20:34

Привет! You have learned so much in such a short period of time! We hope you have a whale of a time over here and learn even more!

4. ryu
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 17:59:37

Welcome :)

5. MPC
    Date: Thu, Oct 30 2014 06:09:19

Welcome Lantz. I gotta say: your punctuation and grammar are better than most English people's online. :P mpc

6. Lantz
    Date: Thu, Oct 30 2014 14:54:54

Thank you, guys!

cTreative_;291124]Привет! You have learned so much in such a short period of time! We hope you have a whale of a time over here and learn even more![/QUOTE] PS totally got me, it helps to learn fast. Charge reverse is mastered now – pretty quick according to some posts over here. Sonic reverse is still kind of magic though. [QUOTE=ryu;291129]Welcome :)[/QUOTE] Nice to see a comrade [QUOTE=MPC wrote: Welcome Lantz. I gotta say: your punctuation and grammar are better than most English people's online. :P mpc
    I am glad to make such an impression, though I guess you might change your opinion later - my English sucks compared to native speakers. As for learning I am not sure if I have to master all fundamentals and revs first of all or it is OK to try skills in some mini-combos. Wouldn’t I be stuck in doing combos instead of learning new moves? Probably a stupid question.

7. MPC
    Date: Thu, Oct 30 2014 17:45:47

Lantz wrote: As for learning I am not sure if I have to master all fundamentals and revs first of all or it is OK to try skills in some mini-combos. Wouldn’t I be stuck in doing combos instead of learning new moves? Probably a stupid question.
    Not a stupid question at all. I can only use myself as an example: I learned a lot of tricks before I even tried charge rev. This meant I could do some really advanced tricks but my combos always ran into a dead end. I wish I'd learned to do a really good reverse charge motion early on. Because most reverse tricks stem from that. That would've saved me a lot of time. mpc

8. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Oct 30 2014 18:11:59

Hello!

9. Pen15
    Date: Mon, Nov 3 2014 01:47:19

hi

10. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Mon, Nov 3 2014 02:44:58

lantz is cool.

11. Lantz
    Date: Sun, Nov 30 2014 09:35:31

OK, here I go with my first link/combo, whatever. Damn I'm really stuck with Shadows, so sloooow in progress. By the way, I don't know what trick I'm doing at 0:07, also I am not sure if I perform Extended TA at 0:03 correctly.' [video=youtube;IOs2y57zpkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOs2y57zpkU[/video]