UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / When to start linking tricks

1. iLuke
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 17:56:39

So i've been pen spinning since 2 months now and i've asked myself if i could do some combos. Unfortunately the "simple beginner combos" on youtube are a bit too difficult for me. Then i asked myself if i should just practice single tricks more. So i ask you if i should start with some combos and mabye some suggestions. I know how to do: TA, TA rev, FLTA, Charge (12, 23, 34), Charge rev (12), Sonic (23-12, practicing 34-23), Twisted sonic (23-12), Double Charge (23/12), Shadow (12-12/23), Fake Double, Neosonic (12/23/34-T1)

2. milkywave1
    Date: Tue, Oct 28 2014 02:41:21

Try doing simple combos such as tw sonic 23-12>ta first, then pratice doing K4LC(sonic 34-23 > tw sonic 23-12 > thumbspin 1.5). This will help when linking tricks together

3. JAIvY
    Date: Fri, Oct 31 2014 00:06:05

Start linking your tricks as soon as you are able to perform them consistently. This will allow you to better practise that particular trick and also help you in the execution, as in your execution is off on say a twisted sonic then it will be harder to transition into a sonic for example. Practising the trick by itself is all fine but you have to be able to link it with other's, this is why I recommend trying to start as soon as possible. Start off small, try to link two tricks together and work your way up to the harder stuff, building a good base of tricks and links is key, and will help in the long run. You should really start to try and learn some reverse's, they help keep the flow of your combo and stop monotonous combo's which is common in beginners. Things like the Sonic Rise and Fall, or Bak Fall, are good starting points. As @milkywave1 mentioned K4LC is also a very good beginner combo that really helps with building flow and the concept of smoothness and the link between twisted sonic and sonic is essential really. Keep at it and practise and soon you will be able to perform the beginner tutorials. Some simple combo's off the top of my head: Twisted Sonic 23-12 > Neosonic 12-TF > Charge rev TF-TF > TA rev TA > TA rev > Twisted Sonic 23-12 Sonic Rise 34-12 > Shadow 12-12 Hope this helps :)

4. PancakeReaper
    Date: Fri, Oct 31 2014 00:16:11

How i started to link combos is by doing continuous combos. For ex. Twisted sonic 23-12 > Pass 12-23 > Twisted sonic 23-12 > Pass 12-23 etc... And just keep that going for as long as you can. It really helped me on how to control the momentum of the pen. Also, after that you can modify it a bit say.. Twisted sonic 23-12 > Warped sonic 12-23 Hope this helps.

5. Lantz
    Date: Tue, Nov 11 2014 17:47:50

PancakeReaper wrote: Twisted sonic 23-12 > Warped sonic 12-23 Hope this helps.
    Isn't it Double Charge?

6. OPdelivers
    Date: Mon, Dec 1 2014 22:51:41

Lantz wrote: Isn't it Double Charge?
    I think he means that the passes weren't circular at the time since he was a beginner and he probably did it slowly as well. It must not have been a double charge then.