UPSB v4

Off-topic / What to do when you don't have any dreams or goals?

1. Soren
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 20:31:12

How is one suppose to live their life when one has no dreams or goals. When one has no passion for a particular profession. Many say that you will find your dream eventually, but surely it's also possible that one would never have any dreams. Sometimes you may have a pseudo dream. You think that you will enjoy this particular thing, but when you do it you realise that you don't actually enjoy it. Some say turn what you enjoy into a job and you'll never have to work a day in your life. But wouldn't this make you hate what you once enjoyed? For instance, lets say you enjoy art. You draw whenever you're free. But when you turn this into a job, your art now has to meet expectations and deadlines. You become stress because of all this. You get told that your art is shit, or do it again. What you once enjoyed as a hobby has now been ruined by making it your job. Of course, this is just one side of the story. Some are succesful with what they do and enjoy the gratifiacation it brings. Does it have to be a bad thing to not have any goals in life? As far as I can tell, an individual in this position would just get random jobs until they find a passion for something and then pursue it. And if they never find that passion, then they live a dead end life doing boring jobs. And if the dream is discovered late in life, it might be too late to pursue it. Should one begin small by experimenting with little things that they enjoy? You enjoy reading books? Work at a library or a bookstore. You like collecting keys? Become a locksmiths. What if one is just not bothered with anything? Has no dreams or goals, and has an apathetic attitude toward life. I myself, is in this position. The central question for this topic is: How does one live when one has no dreams or goals in life?

2. Xzeria
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 20:42:13

I'm suffering from this. I have no idea what to do with my life. .___________________________________________________________________________.

3. Soren
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 20:45:40

Xzeria wrote: I'm suffering from this. I have no idea what to do with my life. .___________________________________________________________________________.
    Yeah it sucks :(

4. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 20:47:43

Pick up a hobby. Something useful that one can improvw their life with. My life is filled with studying piano programming and other hobbies including psing. I have been taught to keep myself occupied and so i am never bored or mindlessly doing things. If you find yourself bored then it means that you have an empty and unchallenged mind. Just pick up a hobby. Or get into puzzles and mind games such as sudokus and such. Good luck Shadow

5. MPC
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 20:50:51

Interesting question. Let's get started: Firstly, I think it's important to remember that most people don't like their job. They endure their job to get money, which allows them to do what they really love. So what do you do if there's nothing you love? Ask yourself this: if you had one extra hour every day, outside of the usual work/money/reward cycle, how would you spend it? Obviously I don't know you, @Soren so I'll work with what I do know - you post a lot of pics in the 'hot girls' thread, right? I'm 28. Take it from me, there are very few (if any) better ways to spend your time than finding, charming and pleasing hot women. Besides, if you had no interests or passions, you wouldn't be here. Right? :) mpc

6. Soren
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 20:51:05

ShadowParadox wrote: Pick up a hobby. Something useful that one can improvw their life with. My life is filled with studying piano programming and other hobbies including psing. I have been taught to keep myself occupied and so i am never bored or mindlessly doing things. If you find yourself bored then it means that you have an empty and unchallenged mind. Just pick up a hobby. Or get into puzzles and mind games such as sudokus and such. Good luck Shadow
    I'm more thinking of finding that dream job. And not really hobbies. Since hobbies is just what you do when you got free time.

7. Soren
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 21:24:43

MPC wrote: Interesting question. Let's get started: Firstly, I think it's important to remember that most people don't like their job. They endure their job to get money, which allows them to do what they really love. So what do you do if there's nothing you love? Ask yourself this: if you had one extra hour every day, outside of the usual work/money/reward cycle, how would you spend it? Obviously I don't know you, @Soren so I'll work with what I do know - you post a lot of pics in the 'hot girls' thread, right? I'm 28. Take it from me, there are very few (if any) better ways to spend your time than finding, charming and pleasing hot women. Besides, if you had no interests or passions, you wouldn't be here. Right? :) mpc
    You make a good point that most people don't like their job. They just do it for the money. I think that's how it will eventually be for me. Of course I have interests and stuff. But I don't want my interests to only be an hour a day of my life, while a boring job consumes like 70% of my day.

8. Ignator
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 21:27:33

I think you should just start by looking at mundane things things you do in everyday life and see if you specially enjoy them and branch out after that. You like food? Try cooking, if you don't like it, try baking. I see you have a tumblr blog, doesnt't tumblr also have that function where you can design your own homepage with html and stuff? If you like redesigning your tumblr blog you might want to look into webdesign. Or even if you like, enjoy a particular subject in school, you could try to study it more seriously, study beyond what you have to learn for school etc. and maybe you'll slowly work your way up to find out what you want to work as or study later. It might take several years to finally find out what you like or it might just take a few months. Edit: I forgot to say, you might just hate a school subject because you are obliged to learn it. Obligations basically make anything very unattractive. But try thinking more deeply your subjects, for example i found out my interest in physics and biology during summer holidays because i wasn't obliged to learn it but when i started having tests and stuff about it again i started hating it again.

9. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 01:17:58

I think suicide is the best option at this point, if you aren't going to contribute in a meaningful way than you should think about your carbon foot print! Just to live creates a tremendous strain on the eco and economic system and eliminating yourself seems to be the most humane option

10. Loanshark
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 01:55:51

Awesome wrote: I think suicide is the best option at this point, if you aren't going to contribute in a meaningful way than you should think about your carbon foot print! Just to live creates a tremendous strain on the eco and economic system and eliminating yourself seems to be the most humane option
    Don't commit suicide, imo literally one of the most beta things for you to do. Instead just gtfo wherever you live and go backpacking/hitchhiking around the world. This explains it perfectly Otherwise, if you feel like you have no goals or dreams, it's because you're aiming waaaaaaayyyyy too high. A lot of people are trying to aim for their dream of having _____ job with _____ income living a _____ kind of life without even looking at themselves first. Your overall goals should be to improve yourself in whatever way you see fit, and stay away from all that superficial BS of "Oh I want to be a famous painter someday" Aim for short-term goals that are more achievable and eventually, you will enjoy life. Are you still a virgin? Then your short-term dream should be to get laid Are you fat? Make it a goal to lose the weight Are you doing poorly in school? Hit the books Maybe you're doing well in school already? Well, are you valedictorian/on dean's list/magna or summa cum laude? Probably not. So get that shit. How many languages can you speak? Whatever number you tell me, add 1 to it and get to work. Can you program? No? http://www.codecademy.com/ here you go. Do you want a job but can't seem to find one? Start volunteering at places and earning experience, while kissing ass to your supervisors. People often feel like their lives are empty/meaningless because they usually have nothing better to do other than spend all their time thinking about this pointless shit, and it drives me insane. Just go out and DO STUFF and keep your time occupied so you won't spend all day sitting at your computer doing nothing. Think about it, you have access to the INTERNET. The internet is literally an ever-growing collection of knowledge of ALL HUMAN ENDEAVORS. Your ancestors never had access to technology yet they still lived long enough to make you. So learn some stuff and do some shit so you stop thinking about this pointless existential BS. If you have a huge goal of landing that 1 dream career or that 1 goal lifestyle decades into your future, then you're probably not gonna get it, and you need to realize that. Go out and do stuff and make yourself useful and you will eventually change to fit what you're doing.

11. Tigres
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 02:01:06

everythang ez al 'bout dem greenbakz

12. Quake
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 08:30:09

Go for your dream job. That's what I've done. It might not pay as much as some other jobs, (depending on what it is) but if you live for the money, then is it really worth it? I'd rather do something I enjoy and get paid less than do something I hate and get paid a lot. But that's just my thought on the idea. It comes down to what matters more, your happiness or money. And of course there will be those that are like "Well, if you make more money, than you can still be happy." And to be honest, that's not wrong. But how long can that last? It's all temporary. Money, jobs, etc. So I guess, to really answer your question, live for others. If you live for yourself, you'll die wondering what you really accomplished; what you really spent all those years doing. If you live for others, it doesn't meant your life will be all sunshine and rainbows, but it will be brighter. At least, in my experience it has. Now to clarify, this doesn't mean living for their acceptance or love, but it means trying to make a difference in other peoples' lives, regardless of how big or small that difference may be. I mean, the way I see it, I'm blessed. I might not have everything I want and not be as fortunate as other people, but I'm grateful for what I have, and when I see those who are not as fortunate, it makes me want to reach out and help them. Living for others yo. [B]Now I've heard all the arguments against my mindset, as well as people who believe I'm trying to show off how self righteous I am, but if all I did was focus on that, then I would be missing the point.[/B] I made it my mindset to try and make people happy, and so that's what I'm going to do. It's how I've chosen to live my life. So if you don't have a dream or goal, just try to live for others. I promise you'll find happiness. [B]Disclaimer[/B]: It's 3 AM, and I haven't slept for two days. My mind is a big mess. So the post above is a giant dump of my my mind and thoughts. Hope I got my point across. Going to sleep now. Finally.

13. Monk
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:43:51

Holy shit, I was having the same problem for a few months -and I still do

14. Vedyl
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 15:20:12

Make it your goal to have a goal. But now since you have a goal, you completed it. :D Im sorry its not very helpful, i dont have a goal either. I just kind of live in the present and see what happens next for most things.

15. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 17:25:54

Awesome wrote: I think suicide is the best option at this point, if you aren't going to contribute in a meaningful way than you should think about your carbon foot print! Just to live creates a tremendous strain on the eco and economic system and eliminating yourself seems to be the most humane option
    This satire really does make existentialism seem like such a funny thing. What I would suggest to you is to take a piece of paper and write down in small bubbles what it is that makes you happy, then branch off them (as a spider diagram) all the things that are subcategories of those things or are related. Then circle anything that is related to those things that you are not currently partaking in. It can be hobbies, it can be sports, it can be careers, and don't be put off by a overwhelmingly large list of things to do that relate to jobs, as you can combine these into a career. Also, when you enjoy the work that earns you money, it is not a job, it is a career. That means you stick with it and improve with it, instead of grind it.

16. Soren
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 19:03:13

Awesome;290992]I think suicide is the best option at this point, if you aren't going to contribute in a meaningful way than you should think about your carbon foot print! Just to live creates a tremendous strain on the eco and economic system and eliminating yourself seems to be the most humane option[/QUOTE] Why do i have to think about my carbon foot print? Couldn't give a shit about the eco system. [QUOTE=Loanshark;290993]Don't commit suicide, imo literally one of the most beta things for you to do. Instead just gtfo wherever you live and go backpacking/hitchhiking around the world. This explains it perfectly http://i.imgur.com/9hikqDG.jpg Otherwise, if you feel like you have no goals or dreams, it's because you're aiming waaaaaaayyyyy too high. A lot of people are trying to aim for their dream of having _____ job with _____ income living a _____ kind of life without even looking at themselves first. Your overall goals should be to improve yourself in whatever way you see fit, and stay away from all that superficial BS of "Oh I want to be a famous painter someday" Aim for short-term goals that are more achievable and eventually, you will enjoy life. Are you still a virgin? Then your short-term dream should be to get laid Are you fat? Make it a goal to lose the weight Are you doing poorly in school? Hit the books Maybe you're doing well in school already? Well, are you valedictorian/on dean's list/magna or summa cum laude? Probably not. So get that shit. How many languages can you speak? Whatever number you tell me, add 1 to it and get to work. Can you program? No? http://www.codecademy.com/ here you go. Do you want a job but can't seem to find one? Start volunteering at places and earning experience, while kissing ass to your supervisors. People often feel like their lives are empty/meaningless because they usually have nothing better to do other than spend all their time thinking about this pointless shit, and it drives me insane. Just go out and DO STUFF and keep your time occupied so you won't spend all day sitting at your computer doing nothing. Think about it, you have access to the INTERNET. The internet is literally an ever-growing collection of knowledge of ALL HUMAN ENDEAVORS. Your ancestors never had access to technology yet they still lived long enough to make you. So learn some stuff and do some shit so you stop thinking about this pointless existential BS. If you have a huge goal of landing that 1 dream career or that 1 goal lifestyle decades into your future, then you're probably not gonna get it, and you need to realize that. Go out and do stuff and make yourself useful and you will eventually change to fit what you're doing.[/QUOTE] Didn't actually expect 4chan to give some top notch advice. That tldr read though lel. Your advice is also pretty solid. I guess when you set yourself a long term goal, and the more you try and try, but dont succeed you begin to lose hope. While, as you suggested, short term goals provides that extra oomph into your life once you complete them. Especially when they are short and simply to complete. And after completing so many short term goals you may end up in a place where you never imagined, but just so happens to be perfect for you. Solid advice mate, thanks bro. [QUOTE=Quake;291006]Go for your dream job. That's what I've done.
    SpoilerIt might not pay as much as some other jobs, (depending on what it is) but if you live for the money, then is it really worth it? I'd rather do something I enjoy and get paid less than do something I hate and get paid a lot. But that's just my thought on the idea. It comes down to what matters more, your happiness or money. And of course there will be those that are like "Well, if you make more money, than you can still be happy." And to be honest, that's not wrong. But how long can that last? It's all temporary. Money, jobs, etc. So I guess, to really answer your question, live for others. If you live for yourself, you'll die wondering what you really accomplished; what you really spent all those years doing. If you live for others, it doesn't meant your life will be all sunshine and rainbows, but it will be brighter. At least, in my experience it has. Now to clarify, this doesn't mean living for their acceptance or love, but it means trying to make a difference in other peoples' lives, regardless of how big or small that difference may be. I mean, the way I see it, I'm blessed. I might not have everything I want and not be as fortunate as other people, but I'm grateful for what I have, and when I see those who are not as fortunate, it makes me want to reach out and help them. Living for others yo. [B]Now I've heard all the arguments against my mindset, as well as people who believe I'm trying to show off how self righteous I am, but if all I did was focus on that, then I would be missing the point.[/B] I made it my mindset to try and make people happy, and so that's what I'm going to do. It's how I've chosen to live my life. So if you don't have a dream or goal, just try to live for others. I promise you'll find happiness. [B]Disclaimer[/B]: It's 3 AM, and I haven't slept for two days. My mind is a big mess. So the post above is a giant dump of my my mind and thoughts. Hope I got my point across. Going to sleep now. Finally.
    [/QUOTE] Did you read the post? I don't have a dream job. As for the rest of your post, what benefits have you reaped from helping others? And by others do you mean friends and family? Or does it include strangers? Because as far as I can tell, 95% of the people I do help don't give a shit, and only 5% will show genuine appreciation. [QUOTE=Ceru Seiyu wrote:
    This satire really does make existentialism seem like such a funny thing. What I would suggest to you is to take a piece of paper and write down in small bubbles what it is that makes you happy, then branch off them (as a spider diagram) all the things that are subcategories of those things or are related. Then circle anything that is related to those things that you are not currently partaking in. It can be hobbies, it can be sports, it can be careers, and don't be put off by a overwhelmingly large list of things to do that relate to jobs, as you can combine these into a career. Also, when you enjoy the work that earns you money, it is not a job, it is a career. That means you stick with it and improve with it, instead of grind it.
    I guess I can give that spider diagram a try.

17. Iota
    Date: Mon, Oct 27 2014 19:43:04

Even though most people find some thing that is the main dream/passion of theirs, not everyone works that way. Some people naturally tend to narrowly focus on a particular dream/aspiration/interest/career, whatever, but just because this is the standard model for societal success does not mean that you have to impose that on your personal model for success, I think. Certain people are interested in many different hobbies and academic fields and such, and will sort of either move among them throughout life, or take on a less demanding and simpler job that pays sufficiently but allows adequate free time to independently pursue other interests and/or to self-study for those. I'm somewhat like this kind of "scanning" personality myself, I have a ton of different hobbies and interests, and a million things I would consider as a career option or something I would likely enjoy, but nothing that stands out necessarily as the one thing that is my "dream job". I study physics and really like it, but I don't exclusively love it, and I don't devote a ton of time into studying it always, or pour myself into it completely (or any of my other interests for that matter). I don't think it needs to be a bad thing, just have to do a little introspection and wrestle with the question of whether or not you just don't have that "one thing" like some people do, and should then take it easy and dip your feet into many areas of life to derive novelty and enjoyment out of it for you, or if you think you are of that kind of personality ultimately, but just have not found that "dream job" or interest yet. And also, some people just hate work in general even if the subject might be quite enjoyable to them, so there are also plenty of individuals that have a 9-5 or something simple to pay the bills and get by without losing sanity, and then devote themselves fully to a hobby, sport, something like that (e.g. rock climbing, hiking, cooking, making music, manipulative arts like PS, watching film/reading, learning language, etc. etc.)

18. Soren
    Date: Tue, Oct 28 2014 23:34:32

Iota wrote: Even though most people find some thing that is the main dream/passion of theirs, not everyone works that way. Some people naturally tend to narrowly focus on a particular dream/aspiration/interest/career, whatever, but just because this is the standard model for societal success does not mean that you have to impose that on your personal model for success, I think. Certain people are interested in many different hobbies and academic fields and such, and will sort of either move among them throughout life, or take on a less demanding and simpler job that pays sufficiently but allows adequate free time to independently pursue other interests and/or to self-study for those. I'm somewhat like this kind of "scanning" personality myself, I have a ton of different hobbies and interests, and a million things I would consider as a career option or something I would likely enjoy, but nothing that stands out necessarily as the one thing that is my "dream job". I study physics and really like it, but I don't exclusively love it, and I don't devote a ton of time into studying it always, or pour myself into it completely (or any of my other interests for that matter). I don't think it needs to be a bad thing, just have to do a little introspection and wrestle with the question of whether or not you just don't have that "one thing" like some people do, and should then take it easy and dip your feet into many areas of life to derive novelty and enjoyment out of it for you, or if you think you are of that kind of personality ultimately, but just have not found that "dream job" or interest yet. And also, some people just hate work in general even if the subject might be quite enjoyable to them, so there are also plenty of individuals that have a 9-5 or something simple to pay the bills and get by without losing sanity, and then devote themselves fully to a hobby, sport, something like that (e.g. rock climbing, hiking, cooking, making music, manipulative arts like PS, watching film/reading, learning language, etc. etc.)
    I guess, in a way I agree with your first paragraph. We search for that dream job because that is what society dictates us to do to provide for ourselves. So we make it our mission to at least enjoy that which we provide for ourselves. Thus we all end up searching for a dream job. But that shouldn't be what life is about. Life shouldn't just be about looking for that dream job. That job that you will have an undying passion for. Not everyone has one, and its not a bad thing. We don't necessarily need one, we just want one because that is what society dictates we need. And after you reminding me that, it has made me visit an old thought: Life doesn't have to be about finding what you love doing and make it your job, life should just be about finding a way of living that makes you enjoy life and be happy. But what is a way of living? I guess in a way its a lot of things. From mundane things such as doing everyday chores to more serious things such as how we approach a situation. A way of living could be making the best out of each bad situation. Looking for the good in each bad scenario. Or even approaching all negative things in life with a smile. I guess my way of living right now is to just have a relaxing life. To live a life in which I don't need to do much. I am satisfied with sitting on my ass all day doing nothing, because that's relaxing as fuck. I just want to live a care free life in which I can relax and don't have to worry or deal with anything serious. Which I guess, is why I want to move to the countryside and just sink myself in the tranquility of nature around me.

19. wings
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 04:19:43

Make your Japanese ancestors proud and commit seppuku in a forest, your body will make a good fertilizer. Just kidding, but seriously, when you feel like you have no goals in life, just take the backseat, grab a popcorn, and look forward to the experience/emotion life will give you. Who knows, you might get a chance to have a role in the stage. Since you said that even if you find a passion, it will just gonna get ruined by your boss/other people's expectations, so I didn't bother you with that.

20. MPC
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 07:42:45

@Soren I don't know how old you are, but hopefully this late-twenties advice will be useful: Those people who just seem to innately know what they want to do with their professional lives - they're rarely happy. Often they commit to being a doctor, lawyer, athlete, artist or whatever at a very young age, sometimes under pressure from their parents. Then they don't question it until it's too late and they don't really have any other options or they're too proud to admit they're unhappy. This is how the typical mid-life crisis starts. From my experience, the people who genuinely love their jobs/lives got into that position totally through trial and error. Lots and lots of f***ing error. I'm no different. I love what I do. But I took a pretty random route to get there. Example: I had that 'I need a career' phase when I was about 22. I suddenly decided one day that I was going to devote my life to investing in stocks and shares. I started studying up on it and I was totally convinced this was my 'calling'. Then, just as I was about to invest a fairly significant amount of my money into it, my flat mate was like "Dude, you've read the first 30 pages of ONE book on trading. You suck at maths, you're crap with money and you've never expressed any interest in this field whatsoever until last Thursday." And he was totally right. I was just doing what I thought people in their early twenties were supposed to do: pick a career, be passionate about it, set out to achieve your dreams and all that bulls**t. We're a generation brainwashed by the media and you've gotta figure out whether YOU want something or whether the media has just told you to want it. Just do what you enjoy doing. If you wanna get out into the country and live the easy life, you go for it. If it doesn't work out, then you're just +1 for trial and error. :) I hope that helps. mpc

21. Cambleir
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 07:51:00

"As for the rest of your post, what benefits have you reaped from helping others? And by others do you mean friends and family? Or does it include strangers? Because as far as I can tell, 95% of the people I do help don't give a shit, and only 5% will show genuine appreciation." You don't help people out just to be appreciated, you help em because this will make you feel useful for someone, if that person doesn't had you in that time, who knows what would happen to that person without your help, are you feeling me? Humans as individual beings are useless but as a group it is really but really impressive I can say, in the planet really have a lot of assholes individualist that just think about them, but when they need help we are there for them you know why? the unique way to change something is changing something!! if you treat him with anger nothing changes cuz always has been like this, but if you extend your hand to that person, you changed the cicle And will have the people that even if you helped him, he will not say a word to you, but you did your part as human being, and be sure that he will remember about this act, if not, whatever, "NEXT........" When i help someone i like to think that i made some change or even a small change in this person life's and by my own experience this person will never forget you , and remember if you do good things, good things you gonna get (it's about energy atraction, like karma if i remember well) Doesn't matter if is it a strange person or family member, everything is linked up, maybe the old man that you saved yesterday can be saving you in the next day, i already saw it happens several times The thing is: Union makes the strenght Union with GOOD people! Sorry about the english hehehe

22. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 09:39:26

wtf is wrong with you, bro? :gtfo: Some people are ACTUALLY trying to help here.

23. Soren
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 19:25:52

MPC;291099]@Soren I don't know how old you are, but hopefully this late-twenties advice will be useful: Those people who just seem to innately know what they want to do with their professional lives - they're rarely happy. Often they commit to being a doctor, lawyer, athlete, artist or whatever at a very young age, sometimes under pressure from their parents. Then they don't question it until it's too late and they don't really have any other options or they're too proud to admit they're unhappy. This is how the typical mid-life crisis starts. From my experience, the people who genuinely love their jobs/lives got into that position totally through trial and error. Lots and lots of f***ing error. I'm no different. I love what I do. But I took a pretty random route to get there. Example: I had that 'I need a career' phase when I was about 22. I suddenly decided one day that I was going to devote my life to investing in stocks and shares. I started studying up on it and I was totally convinced this was my 'calling'. Then, just as I was about to invest a fairly significant amount of my money into it, my flat mate was like "Dude, you've read the first 30 pages of ONE book on trading. You suck at maths, you're crap with money and you've never expressed any interest in this field whatsoever until last Thursday." And he was totally right. I was just doing what I thought people in their early twenties were supposed to do: pick a career, be passionate about it, set out to achieve your dreams and all that bulls**t. We're a generation brainwashed by the media and you've gotta figure out whether YOU want something or whether the media has just told you to want it. Just do what you enjoy doing. If you wanna get out into the country and live the easy life, you go for it. If it doesn't work out, then you're just +1 for trial and error. :) I hope that helps. mpc[/QUOTE] I'm probably just thinking too far ahead. And I should just do what I enjoy and work around what I don't enjoy. And I'm 19 this year. [QUOTE=Cambleir wrote: "As for the rest of your post, what benefits have you reaped from helping others? And by others do you mean friends and family? Or does it include strangers? Because as far as I can tell, 95% of the people I do help don't give a shit, and only 5% will show genuine appreciation." You don't help people out just to be appreciated, you help em because this will make you feel useful for someone, if that person doesn't had you in that time, who knows what would happen to that person without your help, are you feeling me? Humans as individual beings are useless but as a group it is really but really impressive I can say, in the planet really have a lot of assholes individualist that just think about them, but when they need help we are there for them you know why? the unique way to change something is changing something!! if you treat him with anger nothing changes cuz always has been like this, but if you extend your hand to that person, you changed the cicle And will have the people that even if you helped him, he will not say a word to you, but you did your part as human being, and be sure that he will remember about this act, if not, whatever, "NEXT........" When i help someone i like to think that i made some change or even a small change in this person life's and by my own experience this person will never forget you , and remember if you do good things, good things you gonna get (it's about energy atraction, like karma if i remember well) Doesn't matter if is it a strange person or family member, everything is linked up, maybe the old man that you saved yesterday can be saving you in the next day, i already saw it happens several times The thing is: Union makes the strenght Union with GOOD people! Sorry about the english hehehe
    I guess I understand what you're saying. Being that "help anyone no matter what" person. Being the hope of this world. I don't know if I can do that though. Not sure if I'm that type of person. And that last point you made about everything linking up is subject to many refutations to be honest.

24. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Oct 29 2014 22:49:52

Always aim for the highest goal possible in something you like. I want to start working at a game developing company after I finish university. Games can offer so much complexity and give you so many problems to solve during development that it probably wont get boring.

25. Cambleir
    Date: Thu, Oct 30 2014 01:54:24

Soren wrote: I'm probably just thinking too far ahead. And I should just do what I enjoy and work around what I don't enjoy. And I'm 19 this year. I guess I understand what you're saying. Being that "help anyone no matter what" person. Being the hope of this world. I don't know if I can do that though. Not sure if I'm that type of person. And that last point you made about everything linking up is subject to many refutations to be honest.
    If you think like that, watch a movie called Babel In this world have kinds of people, i am not telling you to help everybody, i was contesting about what you said, i like to help people if you don't that's okay, find your mission and complete it, about your topic, find something that suits yourself, if you like what you do eventually you gonna get good at it and enjoying it at the same time, in the beginning everything is hard, you don't know anything as beginner (generally), you are stepping in a unusual terrain, when you know the terrain, you gonna see if you like or not, is like that, let you meet new things