UPSB v4

General Discussion / UPSB Podcast Ep. 2 - Q&A/Feedback Submissions

1. HobbyLogics
    Date: Sat, Oct 25 2014 02:01:25

[B]Haven't seen/listened to the first podcast? Watch it here:[/B] [SPOILER="UPSB Podcast Youtube Player"][video=youtube;fMPu826iu5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPu826iu5E[/video][/SPOILER] Hey guys, so we're starting to approach next month, which is when our next podcast will be recorded. I thought we might as well include a Q&A section in our podcast, similar to how Tentcell's Weekly Radio Show ended up with a Q&A at the end of their stream after talking about UPSBT13. Questions can be about: The podcast idea itself Questions for us personally Future goals What you want to see on the podcast next time Etc. If you want to submit a question, just make a post below. :)

2. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Oct 25 2014 09:02:49

When will the podcast be. May I join (sun)

3. HobbyLogics
    Date: Sat, Oct 25 2014 09:04:04

@Walkaz It's going to be an offline podcast for now until we get some more free time.

4. Soren
    Date: Sat, Oct 25 2014 10:00:24

How has pen spinning affected your life? What are your thoughts on the current state of pen spinning and its community? Who is your UPSB crush? Do you have swag?

5. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Oct 25 2014 12:26:29

What are/were your goals in pen spinning? Why do you think people care more about what mods people use rather than the links used? Who would win in a fight between you? And what are your favourite tricks?

6. AfroSquared
    Date: Sat, Oct 25 2014 14:17:45

Could you do a podcast with noobs and ask them questions?

7. Tentcell
    Date: Sat, Oct 25 2014 18:56:55

Love that you're doing this, possibly when afag and I get more time we'll start up again. Keep it up

8. casual
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 02:13:10

Why is there so little activity involving pen spinning on upsb nowadays?

9. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 03:39:43

casual wrote: Why is there so little activity involving pen spinning on upsb nowadays?
    I would be happy to argue against this claim. Maybe you and I could have a short discussion/debate about it on the show.

10. Van
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 16:11:28

why am i not in this when do I become mod

11. Xienix
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 19:23:02

you guys can talk about: -Modding psing mods -The wt/wc and what's good/wrong with it -editing collab videos -Good music styles for penspinning -What's the border between noob-normal and pro?

12. MPC
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 21:12:20

Questions: Can you explain, in simple terms, what 'Japanese motion' is and why noobs shud learn it? Have your PSing skills ever helped you guys pick up women? Do you think some noobs get an unfair amount of hate for using heavy mods and skipping to power tricks? What stage of your PSing progression was the most enjoyable? mpc.

13. Spytos
    Date: Tue, Oct 28 2014 04:26:04

What was the hardest trick you've ever learned? What was the greatest collaboration you've ever made? What is the biggest achievement you've ever made on Pen Spinning?

14. Soren
    Date: Fri, Oct 31 2014 22:00:39

So when are you going to upload it.

15. LighT*
    Date: Thu, Nov 6 2014 00:22:38

you should discuss what you guys think ps style is and how you guys think spinners can make better linkages (omg i would love to do the second one)

16. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Nov 8 2014 02:00:12

LighT* wrote: you should discuss what you guys think ps style is and how you guys think spinners can make better linkages (omg i would love to do the second one)
    Dibs on tagging along for the discussion on how to make better linkages now I'm in uni and have free time

17. HobbyLogics
    Date: Sat, Nov 8 2014 04:23:19

UPDATE: We just finished recording the podcast today. It's going to enter post-production editing and it'll be out soon. Thanks for your patience guys. And also thank you to all the participants in the podcast who made time from their busy schedules.

18. Susaki
    Date: Sat, Nov 8 2014 08:49:27

can't wait for this

19. ChowCow
    Date: Sat, Nov 8 2014 18:05:50

How does one get a kammy?

20. AfroSquared
    Date: Sat, Nov 8 2014 21:52:12

ChowCow wrote: How does one get a kammy?
    Well once you are ps-addict or higher, there is a section of the board only WE can enter. In there @Reason I misunderstood when I was exploring The Vault for the first time. I really am not having a good day D:

21. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sun, Nov 9 2014 11:42:16

AfroSquared wrote: Well once you are ps-addict or higher, there is a section of the board only WE can enter. In there @Reason (the founder of the kammys) sets up different catorgories in which ps-addicts and higher nominate someone. The person with the highest nominations in a particular category wins the award and is given a special signature. :)
    :noface: newb hasnt experienced a kammy doesnt even know the score

22. Reason
    Date: Sun, Nov 9 2014 17:52:13

AfroSquared wrote: Well once you are ps-addict or higher, there is a section of the board only WE can enter. In there @Reason (the founder of the kammys) sets up different catorgories in which ps-addicts and higher nominate someone. The person with the highest nominations in a particular category wins the award and is given a special signature. :)
    i know these questions should be answered in the podcast, but its already been recorded and just to make things clear, [COLOR="red"][B]I DID NOT INVENT/START THE KAMMY AWARDS[/B][/COLOR] in fact, last year was the only year i ever organized them. also, the kammys will be public, and were public last year as well. any member can vote in them since it will be in the general discussion section. not to put down the achievement of winning a kammy, but its essentially a popularity contest since all members are allowed to vote. at one time the entire thing was run by the research department. but if you ask how to win a kammy, i can only say that you have to meet the community's expectations of one who deserves an award (i.e. people just need to vote for you.) i should be able to organize them again this year so you can probably expect the voting threads to be up some time in mid december.