UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Poppin 700 Mod (By Lost Angelus)

1. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 04:41:41

I created the [B]Poppin 700 Mod[/B] randomly one day when I found the perfect tips that fit into these highly unique pens. This mod is surprisingly simple to make and nice to spin. Due to this mod's writing capability and simplistic design, it's a PERFECT mod spin and write with at School/Classes without distracting others. With 17+ Color options to choose from, and a plethora of color combinations to mix-and-match, you can personalize the weight and colors of this mod to fit any and all preferences. There reasons why you should make this mod include: ~VERY easy to assemble & disassemble ~No CUTTING, No GLUING, No SANDING involved! ~Parts are easily interchangable ~17+ different color options! ~You can customize any combination of the 17 colors (i.e., White barrel, with Sky Blue & Pink Caps) ~These Poppin Pens were practically DESIGNED TO BE MODDED! ~Optional unique feature reminds you when you're not spinning smoothly ~Capable of adding Inserts ~Capable of writing ~Perfect to use at School/Classes (because it can write, and it's not flashy or distracting for others) ~Feels heavier than it actually is! ~For Spinners who prefer heavier mods, adding various colored grips makes this mod heavier, and adds more features to customize! =========================== Stats: =========================== [B]Poppin 700 [/B] COG=COP Length: 20.7 cm Weight:12.45 g (Without Ink), 13.33 g (With Ink), 13 g & up (If you add grips) Style: Double Capped Writing-Mechanism: Optional Ink-Type: Ballpoint ink Estimated-Cost: Unsure Special Feature: Notifies you if your spinning isn't smooth =========================== Materials List: [B]•2 Poppin Signature Ballpoint Pens (Or 2 Poppin Gel Pens if you want to use Inserts) *For list of Poppin Color Options, see the last 2 pictures on this tutorial* •2 Papermate Inkjoy 700 RT (MUST be 700 RT)[/B] [B]Optional:[/B] •Dr. Grip grip and/or Papermate Profile grip (if you want the mod to be heavier) •Poppin Highlighters ([COLOR="red"][B]NOTE: The Poppin Highlighters have different caps, so the tips will NOT fit snugly into the caps[/B][/COLOR]) =========================== [B]Tutorial (Additional Optional Steps in the NOTES section[/B]

Spoiler [B]1. Gather your Materials. You will need 2 Poppin Signature Ballpoint Pens (whole pen) and 2 Papermate InkJoy 700 RT pens (2 tips). Note, The Papermate InkJoy 700 RT pens aren't always black.[/B] [B]2. Unscrew the tips from the Papermate InkJoy 700 RT pens. You only need the 2 tips. You might think these tips look fugly, but you'll see the beauty of these tips in a few steps. (Don't throw away the rest of the pen though, because it's nice)[/B] [B]3. Take the Caps off of your 2 Poppin Signature Ballpoint Pens and pull out the clip with some pliers. This is the ONLY annoying part, because you must be careful not to leave teeth marks on the cap. Grip the cap part of the clip with the pliers and wiggle the pliers up and down while pulling. Look at the teeth marks on the clip in the picture and you'll see how I gripped the pliers sideways.[/B] [B]4. You will ONLY need ONE Poppin Signature Ballpoint Pen Barrel. These are all the parts you will need for this mod.[/B] [B]5. Optional Step ([COLOR="red"]PLEASE READ BEFORE[/COLOR]):Carefully remove the backplug of the Poppin Barrel with some rubber tipped pliers (Or, you could wrap electrical tape around the backplug and use regular pliers) so you don't leave ugly teeth marks when pulling off the backplug. I recommend twisting and pulling at the same time. Next, do one of the following to fit your preference: -If you don't want to be able to write with it, you can remove the ink and put the back plug back onto the Poppin Barrel ([COLOR="red"]NOTE: Removing the inktube makes this mod PERFECTLY BALANCED[/COLOR]) -If you want to write with this mod but don't want to hear the quiet tapping noise the mod makes when it's not spun smoothly, then wrap 4 cm of electrical tape around the back of the Inktube. Put the inktube back in the pen and put the back plug back on ([COLOR="red"]This addition of electrical tape SHOULD make the mod be BALANCED and SILENT[/COLOR] -If you want to utilize the sound reminder of how smoothly you're spinning, then you don't need to remove the back plug. To balance the mod, you may have to add some [COLOR="red"]small crumpled up paper into the caps[/COLOR].[/B] [B]6. Put the 2 Papermate Inkjoy 700 RT Tips into the 2 Poppin Caps where the clips were removed. These tips are PERFECT because they fit snugly into the caps with no glue required. They won't fly out of the caps when spinning. [/B] [B]7. Put the caps onto the front of the Poppin Barrel and on the backplug and you're done! If you're worried about the cap on the backplug flying off, you may add a little masking tape or teflon tape so it fits on tighter. [/B] More Poppin Pen Color Options:
    =========================== [B]NOTES: -If you don't like the texture of the mod, you can use the Paper rubbing method and rub the barrel and caps (Or only the caps/barrel, if it's you preference). Rubbing the barrel with paper will remove that glossy texture and make it feel softer. -If you don't like how light this mod is, you may cut a Dr. Grip grip and/or Profile/Anyball grips and add them to the caps to increase the mass. -If you DO decide to add Grips to make your Poppin 700 heavier, I HIGHLY recommend you consult the Indexes of Pen Grips, so you can determine how much mass you're adding to your mod. Here is a link to the Indexes: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=17399[/B] =========================== Q/A: Q: Why can't I use the Poppin Highlighters? A: You CAN, but you could only use them for the barrels because the caps are slightly different and the tips won't fit in. If you can find a way to make the tips fit, then go nuts and use the highlighters for caps Q: Where can I find these Poppin Signature Ballpoint Pens and/or Poppin Gel Pens? A: I stumbled across them at Staples. [B]As far as I know, Poppin Pens are available in numerous countries. If you can't find any Poppin Pens near you, you can check out their online store here: http://www.poppin.com/Writing/[/B] Q: Are there any subs for the Papermate Inkjoy 700 RT Tips? Do I HAVE to use that specific type? A: That was 2 questions, you goof. No there aren't any subs as far as I know. Yes they have to be 700 RT. They might not be a black barrel. They might be white, or some other metallic colors. These pens are so widely available, that I doubt you'll have difficulty finding them Q: If I don't like how light my Poppin 700 mod is, how can I add more mass to make it heavier? A: I designed this mod so grips aren't required to make your own Poppin 700 unless you want to. If this mod is too light for you, then by all means, add grips to make it heavier. You don't have to add grips if you don't want to, but feel free to add grips if you want something a little heavier. ===========================

2. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 05:00:39

It's so clean and simple HNNNNNG. :s

3. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 05:09:48

JackyMacky wrote: It's so clean and simple HNNNNNG. :s
    And it's got as many color combinations you could think of. I'm working on making some more mods with these pens. It's like the company designed them so they can be easily modded. It's simple and clean (Unintended KH reference), with a nice reminder feature, and a wide array of customizations that'll make you go wowzers in your trousers. I'm a beast at finding cool pens lol

4. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 08:39:00

Saw the pen at staple, thought it was a neat one. nice tut. Edit: this could possibly be the american comssa.

5. Soren
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 11:50:21

How do you spin without grip.

6. MPC
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 12:44:41

This mod looks awesome. Great work LA. Where do I get one of these Poppin pens? Google is like "with you talking about?" Mpc

7. Mystic
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 13:08:59

Good work on the tutorial, i might make one of these for myself!

8. PenwisH
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 13:22:04

I recommend throwing some grip on it on the ends. dr.grip or sailor or anyall would even work. Nice clean looking mod

9. AfroSquared
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 13:39:33

Nice work @Lost Angelus, your so good at modding :D

10. LighT*
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 13:55:09

Soren wrote: How do you spin without grip.
    add grips XD but dayumn this is one nice tut, Gee X3 may be right by saying this could be the american commsa

11. Soren
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 13:57:25

LighT* wrote: add grips XD but dayumn this is one nice tut, Gee X3 may be right by saying this could be the american commsa
    You sure love to like my posts lol. Thanks xD Oh right, who would have though ey. lel

12. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 14:14:20

I made this mod with an emphasis on [B]Customization.[/B] Whether or not you add grips is entirely up to you. Using different colors is entirely up to you. Whether or not you want to use an Insert is all up to you. I included adding grips and rubbing the barrel with paper as additional optional steps at the end of the tutorial. I didn't add a step for putting on grips because I didn't want people to think thry NEEDED grips to make this mod. Plus, I like my mods to be about a medium mass. @GeeGeeGee, I'd be ecstatic if it became known/considered as "An American Comssa," but I didn't want to compare a mod of mine to a classic just to toot my own horn lol.

13. Aldragon
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 15:23:45

really nice mod! il probably try to make this when i start getting parts :)

14. Monk
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 16:42:12

Nice mod!

15. Mystic
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 20:31:52

Lost Angelus wrote: I made this mod with an emphasis on [B]Customization.
    [QUOTE=Lost Angelus]I created the Poppin 700 mod randomly one day[/QUOTE] :trollface:

16. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 22:25:27

@Mystic, I made it randomly when I found the perfect tips that fit into the caps. However, I intended to use these pens for modding because they're highly customizable. I wasn't contradicting myself lol

17. Mayu
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 22:37:58

Amazing. Hope i'll be able to grap these parts over here in germany; have to make at least one of them! good job!

18. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sun, Oct 12 2014 03:08:59

@Mayu, I think you'll be able to find these Poppin pens in Germany. Idk if there's a "Staples" store in Germany, but you'll probably find them there. Thanks!

19. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Sun, Oct 12 2014 03:13:48

i admire you and your modding skills <3

20. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sun, Oct 12 2014 05:22:58

What's that little hole in the barrel?

21. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sun, Oct 12 2014 07:02:43

ShadowParadox wrote: What's that little hole in the barrel?
    What hole are you talking about? Where do you see it on the barrel? It might be the small indent on the back plug. All the backplugs have a little indent.

22. kchspinna16
    Date: Sun, Oct 12 2014 16:23:26

thank you!

23. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Oct 12 2014 19:14:28

and @Lost Angelus i love the name of this mod XD

24. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sun, Oct 12 2014 22:01:22

If anybody has used this tutorial to make their own Poppin 700, I'd love to see them! I bet they're cooler than mine lol. Please Post your Poppin Pen Pictures! The alliteration was too entertaining for me to resist XD

25. Monk
    Date: Sun, Oct 12 2014 22:19:45

LighT* wrote: and Lost Angelus i love the name of this mod XD
    pop that pussy

26. Solid
    Date: Sun, Oct 12 2014 23:57:32

@Monk banned for shitposting

27. Monk
    Date: Mon, Oct 13 2014 01:51:00

Solid wrote: @Monk banned for shitposting
    >comes back on v5

28. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sat, Nov 8 2014 00:47:14

In case anybody is looking for Poppin pens, I'd like to let everybody know that I am selling and trading Poppin pens in a variety of colors! So please send me a private message or message me on Instagram if you want some! My Instagram username is LostAngelus.UPSB