UPSB v4

Fundamental Tricks / What types of trick should I focus on?

1. ItzElmo
    Date: Fri, Oct 3 2014 00:37:25

So far, I've manage to do TA about 90%, Charge 100%, Sonic 100% Twisted Sonic 100%, and I'm currently learning the reverse Sonic right now, I've tried charge but I just can't get it, like I get the swinging forward motion but it's just not working for me, and right now my Sonic Reverse looks REALLY unsmooth, and I'm just asking you guys for tips for what trick should I try REALLY hard to focus on? Sorry if I post this on the wrong forums, I'm new here, and I just got into penspinning and ordered my first pen *Metal Comssa, soo, back to the question, what main trick should I really focus on? Some said TA Rev, since it looks pretty sick when you're doing TA Harmonic, but yeah, what should I focus on? Also, it would be great if you guys give me some tips too :) Thanks! I'm currently using a normal RSVP with a cap on the end without the long stick that caps on your shirt thing. Edit; learned TA Rev, 70% success rate, working on smoothing out fingerpass,

2. Oracle
    Date: Fri, Oct 3 2014 01:59:15

keep focusing on the fundamentals and get good at the sonic rev.

3. DioBrando
    Date: Fri, Oct 3 2014 08:12:32

try 2 hands

4. Xzeria
    Date: Fri, Oct 3 2014 08:33:09

Fingerpass.

5. Soren
    Date: Fri, Oct 3 2014 10:18:12

Half tap

6. Aldragon
    Date: Fri, Oct 3 2014 22:25:08

bust :P

7. ItzElmo
    Date: Fri, Oct 3 2014 22:58:57

Xzeria;289755]Fingerpass.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=DioBrando wrote: try 2 hands
    @Xzeria, I heard fingerpass is REALLY REALLY hard, so I don't think I'm ready for that yet xD

8. casual
    Date: Sat, Oct 4 2014 01:21:13

fingerpass is easy to learn but hard to get smooth so just practice it in the background while you learn other things charge rev is really important so be sure to master it

9. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Sat, Oct 4 2014 02:18:00

I would say start training Fingerpass as soon as possible, as it does take a while to get. ;P I don't know too much about trick recommendations, but I personally found that once I learned the basic Sonic Clips (basically, Sonic + Charge 13 and 24), my Sonics were much easier to control and looked so much smoother. The flexibility boost given to my fingers was also nice as well. Seeing as how you like that Sonics... ;)

10. Solid
    Date: Sat, Oct 4 2014 21:24:30

@ItzElmo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Bq6RcVFFI&list=UURkyU5uPEImnFKwQhSn848w

11. ItzElmo
    Date: Sat, Oct 4 2014 21:34:29

Solid wrote: @ItzElmo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Bq6RcVFFI&list=UURkyU5uPEImnFKwQhSn848w
    How hard is bust on a scale of 1-10 for beginners?

12. Solid
    Date: Sat, Oct 4 2014 21:38:11

lol dont even attempt to learn it. @ItzElmo you must master a bunch of tricks before you should even attepmt it. i learned it after 4 month when i decided to try it.

13. ItzElmo
    Date: Sat, Oct 4 2014 23:26:40

Solid wrote: lol dont even attempt to learn it. @ItzElmo you must master a bunch of tricks before you should even attepmt it. i learned it after 4 month when i decided to try it.
    Can you give me some example tricks, so after I learn all the fundamentals I'll learn them then proceed onto "Bust"?

14. Solid
    Date: Sun, Oct 5 2014 00:40:12

twisted sonic. finger arounds.. (VERY IMPORTANT TRICK IN THE FUTURE THEY ARE) ummm idk what else just master those

15. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Oct 5 2014 02:21:40

just look at different tutorials and try different tricks out. Some will be easy for you and some hard. Its helps a lo to find the easy ones and learn those while you build up your skills. everyone will find tricks easier and harder though, but if you want to spin decently you need to learn all the common tricks eventually anyway. You should never focus on a certain specialty in a field until you have an extremely solid grasp of the fundamentals.