UPSB v4

General Discussion / Pen Spinning Clubs/Organizations

1. nobody444
    Date: Wed, Oct 1 2014 02:59:40

Any ideas to promote pen spinning in school? Personally I go to Cal Poly Pomona University and am thinking about starting a club as long as there are enough people interested. I'm interested to see how many of you guys out there are in the Cal State/UC/California in general college system as to starting a team of some sort.

2. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Oct 1 2014 06:30:01

@ShadowParadox, didn't you do something similar???

3. m1ch1
    Date: Wed, Oct 1 2014 16:01:51

I think @FanZ founded a PS Club in school wich has about 20 members(ok i'm not sure about the number of the members).

4. ShadowParadox
    Date: Wed, Oct 1 2014 20:13:25

AfroSquared wrote: @ShadowParadox, didn't you do something similar???
    Hahahahahahhaha.....no...

5. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Oct 1 2014 20:31:10

I have a pen spinning club at school it has about 10 members but a lot more want to join I just can't keep track lmao xD

6. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Oct 2 2014 21:06:05

It's hard to make a dedicated PS club because PS, in general, is hard. You can have new members starting out all eager and then they start to realize how difficult PS really is. Rarely anyone who starts out lasts long enough to keep going. We see that a lot happening here in UPSB too. Not to mention the fact that we may seem unfriendly/cynical to those who are new. The amount of time, dedication, and money for pen spinning is pretty absurd if you think about it. You also have to address the audience (e.g. students and professors). Some find it cool until it becomes some annoying pen drop fest or a distraction from class lectures. The interpretation of spinning in class also implies disrespect, because your pen spinning is more entertaining than your professors' lectures. Of course, spinning in class is inevitable since you have a pen/pencil in your hand. But still, you better think about some ground rules for the members in your club. But I guess it's better to have people you know in person spinning rather than Internet strangers.

7. Nick
    Date: Thu, Oct 2 2014 22:20:32

JackyMacky wrote: You can have new members starting out all eager and then they start to realize how difficult PS really is.
    Its like a filter: very few people actually make it through thumbaround/charge/sonic to become a real pser

8. Lito
    Date: Fri, Oct 3 2014 02:33:18

yea but most people in schools either don't want to or don't have the time to learn penspinning. And I think the time it's going to take to learn the fundamentals really puts people off