UPSB v4

Board Help / Perma-Bans Should be Public

1. Nick
    Date: Wed, Sep 24 2014 22:38:58

I propose that when a legitimate user (not a spam account) is permanently banned or banned for a long period of time, the reason should be made public, just like every other major board announcement. Votevotevotevotevote^^^^^

2. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Sep 24 2014 22:46:52

me gusta

3. Solid
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 00:14:49

yus

4. browndog12
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 01:52:44

I dont feel like theres a reason to make something like that public. the whole point of a permaban is to get the user out of the community completely, and making a big drama post every time it happens would just make that user the topic of conversation for a solid week or two.

5. Reason
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 03:06:01

the moderators try to take care of these issues with as much privacy and dignity as the situation allows. involving the public in this matter would mean disclosing the information found and lead to possible humiliation and even harrassment. we inform the public if we find that the banned user may be a continual threat.

browndog12 wrote: I dont feel like theres a reason to make something like that public. the whole point of a permaban is to get the user out of the community completely, and making a big drama post every time it happens would just make that user the topic of conversation for a solid week or two.
    this as well^

6. Nick
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 03:33:18

Reason wrote: the moderators try to take care of these issues with as much privacy and dignity as the situation allows. involving the public in this matter would mean disclosing the information found and lead to possible humiliation and even harrassment. we inform the public if we find that the banned user may be a continual threat. this as well^
    Point taken, but like real life criminal trials... I guess the moderators should take the general opinion into consideration and decide whether they want to make a change; this is just a polling/suggestion.

7. nv16
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 05:31:48

what I think should happen is that after the mods n stuff have made their decision to ban someone they make a post say who got banned and why they got banned, especially if the person is well known like Zen was

8. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 08:12:35

yeah but they dont announce it to the whole world when someone got sent to jail... only a small amount of people (who are interested) would know what happened and why. same happens on upsb. if you are interested, u will find out what happened. its not like we are trying to hide anything, just theres no reason to announce it to the public unless necessary. Frog~

Nick wrote: Point taken, but like real life criminal trials... I guess the moderators should take the general opinion into consideration and decide whether they want to make a change; this is just a polling/suggestion.

9. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 15:35:54

HPSC got called dramaqueens for making all bans public, why would that criticism not extend to UPSB?

10. AfroSquared
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 15:57:31

I think that the mods do not need to announce bans, however i think they should consider announcing an active, long-time member's ban. I only say this because we were shocked about not seeing Zen in a while, then finding out he was banned...

11. Nick
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 19:12:15

Froggy wrote: same happens on upsb. if you are interested, u will find out what happened. its not like we are trying to hide anything, just theres no reason to announce it to the public unless necessary.
    So I can ask?

12. Monk
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 21:16:23

In my opinion, the mods should put the reason for why that person was banned on the user's profile.

13. Nick
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 21:45:15

Monk wrote: In my opinion, the mods should put the reason for why that person was banned on the user's profile.
    Yeah that would be good

14. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Sep 26 2014 02:59:55

zkhan posted on known scammer that zen is a confirmed scammer. (http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=9622&p=286495&viewfull=1#post286495) confirmed scammer = perma-ban (http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=17147) the information is out there... just look for it. Frog~

Nick wrote: So I can ask?

15. HunterX
    Date: Fri, Sep 26 2014 11:30:31

Monk wrote: In my opinion, the mods should put the reason for why that person was banned on the user's profile.
    Yup a brief description

16. ShadowParadox
    Date: Fri, Sep 26 2014 19:51:05

If you were the persons true friend...you would know if they get banned