UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello, im Shawkie

1. Shawkie
    Date: Fri, Sep 19 2014 01:30:43

Though im new to the forum, im a 4 month old penspinner. you can guess how good i am, i know a bit more than 20 tricks and mini combos and i can link them pretty well. Idk when to release a FS video, but you guys will be the first to know! my heiritage is malaysian, and i went over there over break and got really interested in PSing. im one of a few people in my area who pen spin, but im slowly spreading the plague of thumbaround, and hopefully, some people will catch on. I love modding as much as spinning, though im pretty limited in the resources i have. btw, can i have some advice as to WHEN to release my FS vid, or a solo vid?

2. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Fri, Sep 19 2014 01:37:15

Hello shawkie, nice to meet you! Welcome to UPSB! As to the FS or Solo, I'd recommend when you have enough confidence; I'm at around 5 months and haven't released one yet.

3. Laugh
    Date: Fri, Sep 19 2014 02:33:30

Hey @Shawkie welcome to UPSB! It sounds like you're pretty well off but if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask me, or even if you just wanna chat. You should release an FS whenever you think you're ready, it varies depending on the person. The 'plague of thumbaround'... it's almost too accurate ^_^ Anyway, welcome again, and see you around the forum!!

4. Reason
    Date: Fri, Sep 19 2014 02:47:06

welcome! i think it wouldnt be a bad idea to release a couple combos or FS videos right now. it would be useful so people can critique them and tell you what you need to work on. personally, i think you should wait on a solo for now. a lot of people release a 1 year solo, but i find those to be boring usually... most of the time a spinner gets really interesting around the 2-3 year mark, but thats different for everyone! i guess an upside to releasing a solo early is just good practice in filming, making combos, and pushing yourself to work hard. anyways, the choice is still up to you make sure you read the rules of the board and contact me if you have any questions or concerns. have fun!

5. AfroSquared
    Date: Fri, Sep 19 2014 09:12:26

Welcome to UPSB Shawkie! I joined UPSB at 4 months as well. :welcome:

6. Xzeria
    Date: Fri, Sep 19 2014 09:58:48

Welcome. ;]

7. ShadowParadox
    Date: Fri, Sep 19 2014 17:20:46

Release a solo whenever you want! Now even, no one is making you do anytbing its up to you! Ok and welcome to upsb!

8. cTreative_
    Date: Sat, Sep 20 2014 07:29:34

Welcome to UPSB! We hope you'll have a great time here!