UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / Linkages Using Turn of Hand + Incorporating Arounds Into Linkages?

1. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Wed, Sep 17 2014 21:41:07

I find that a lot of the time when I spin, I use way more Sonics (and variations) than any other type of trick and so I'm on a hunt to find stuff other than them, lol. Are there any very basic linkages that I could try practicing to get a feel for using Arounds in combos? Secondly, I find that a lot of the time I spin either fully palm up or palm down. The only time I really turn my hand is when using Twisted Sonic Rev 12-23 into Twisted Sonic 23-12. I can't really think of many ways that turn the hand the other way than that... Sorry, a lot of stuff being asked. That said, I'd love if I could get some information on this stuff. ^^

2. Letho72
    Date: Mon, Oct 13 2014 16:37:50

So to make more "diverse" combos you should think of spinning as moving the pen from x to y. For example, I want to start in the 34 slot, go all the way to TF, then back down and end it 23. How do I do that? Well i can TW Sonic, normal sonic, shadow, around, pass, and so much more just from slot 34 (I only named some super common tricks). Than I can do something else from the new finger slot, and so on. Make your combo by taking it step by step and make sure that the momentum goes the same way.

3. JAIvY
    Date: Mon, Oct 13 2014 22:20:16

There are many ways that you can turn your hand during a combo, a few examples: PU Twisted Sonic 23-12 > PD (Neo)Bak 12-12 PD Twisted Sonic 23-12 > PU Sonic Reverse 12-23 PU Twisted Sonic 23-12 > PD Inverse Sonic Reverse 12-23 They normally consist of a transition between a normal and reverse move As for Around's you want to make sure that you can perform them somewhat decently before trying to put them in combo's there are a few ways I've found such as: Twisted Sonic Rev 12-23 > Mid Around 23-23 Sonic Rev 12-23 > Mid Around 23-23 Twisted Sonic 23-12 > Index Around Rev 12-12 Inverse Warped Sonic 12-23 > Mid Around 23-23 Remember this can all be performed on the lower slots of your hand as well. A tip for you is to learn the Inverse Warped Sonic and the Inverse Warped Sonic Reverse, these tricks are important because they require a hand turn to execute properly and therefore can be linked into Around's as well as enable you to transition between palm up and down smoother. Hoped this helped.

4. Letho72
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 02:29:29

One other thing, which @JAIvY mentioned briefly, is that a hand turn usually happens when the pen's momentum is reversed. Because of science and momentum the hand turn will flip the force you're exerting on the pen. If you try to make it continue it will stall out and fall. If you switch the rotation direction then it will go much smoother. A simple demonstration is to try to flip your hand from PU to PD halfway through a Twisted Sonic. You'll notice the pen tends to rotate the opposite way as well as travel down the hand instead of up towards the TF. Hope this helps!!

5. Gash
    Date: Sun, Oct 26 2014 07:11:04

@Letho72 gave really good advice. Also here's a quick video on linkages I commonly use. Linkage 2 and 3 should be quite easy to understand. Linkage 2 uses a charge reverse to switch hand direction, whereas linkage 3 uses a palm side twisted sonic 34-23 -> palm down midbak 23-23 [video=youtube;YajlbXH8UbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YajlbXH8UbY&feature=youtu.be[/video]