UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / [help] Spicing up combos

1. Cerestil
    Date: Mon, Sep 8 2014 16:54:38

Okay so I know an obscene amount of tricks aside from power passes (I can do power pass but sometimes my ring finger messes it up and I can do power pass reverse but starting in 23 instead of 34). I've seen videos where people turn their hand to change the momentum from normal to reverse which is cool. I learned PVG simple linkage #7 and ktrinhs simple mini combo 3. I really want to learn more stuff where you can go from palm up to palm down (and vice versa) and change the momentum. So any tips or notations would be greatly appreciated. I realized that finger passes and charges are essential in spicing up your combos. When I started doing combos I started out with like sonic 34-23, inv sonic 23-12, warp sonic 12-23, twisted sonic 23-12, neosonic flta rev. Now I have combos that are similar to the PVG simple linkage 7 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL16ck0nB7w). Any thing else that I'm missing that could spice up combos or help me with coming up with new combos would be awesome. Thanks UPSB!

2. AfroSquared
    Date: Mon, Sep 8 2014 18:33:14

@Cerestil For switching from palm up to palm down, you need to do certain tricks that can be done palm up, palm done. For example inverse sonic 23-12 > pass 12-23 > twisted sonic 23-12. You could turn you hand after/during the pass 12-23 and do the twisted sonic palm down and lead into another trick like the twisted sonic rev. Doing this in a combo makes your spinning look more interesting and stylish. You need to experiment with this and practice turning your hand PD/PU multiple times in a combo. To help form new combos just do what everyone suggests on previous threads about forming combos but make sure you are making look better by turning your hand. I am not a very experienced spinner, so feel free to not listen to me and take on board what more experienced spinners say because i feel my advice here isn't very good. Good luck with your practice :D

3. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Sep 8 2014 22:46:45

wwatch your favorite spinners and learn parts that they do that you like