UPSB v4

Battlezone / jelp20spin vs sil

1. Jelp20spin
    Date: Sun, Sep 7 2014 08:04:42

sil: [video=youtube;2pDsDgqWcKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pDsDgqWcKY&feature=youtu.be[/video] jelp20spin: [video=youtube;LzD-0aVLR4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzD-0aVLR4U[/video]

2. AfroSquared
    Date: Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:33:51

+1 SiL because @Jelp20spin's combo was spammy and SiL had more variety of moves. Jelp20spin, you need to add more variety of moves in your combos, when you do, your busts and swivel will fit into your combo better. They looked out of place because they are advanced tricks but your combo was mostly made up charges and fingerpasses.

3. Jelp20spin
    Date: Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:38:51

Damn my second lose in a row i will just do better next time

4. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:46:46

Jelp20spin wrote: Damn my second lose in a row i will just do better next time
    if you want a tip dont have like 50 rotations of a single charge at times and also try to reduce the number of rotations of charge on tricks such as twisted sonic/ sonics. this will make you combos look cleaner. tbh i would say about 1/3 of that combo was just charges finally your finisher was not a good one to be honest perhaps use a better trick for the finisher. however your linkages were good just try to do the above next time

5. Monk
    Date: Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:18:11

rekt :>

6. ShadowParadox
    Date: Mon, Sep 8 2014 16:29:31

Monk wrote: rekt :>
    im not putting him down, im giving him constructive criticism

7. MPC
    Date: Sun, Sep 28 2014 13:31:57

Good battle guys. I have some miscellaneous advice for @Jelp20spin, although I'm not sure if others will agree. I think it detracts from your combo if you look super psyched at the end. I think any kind of skill looks infinitely more impressive if it seems effortless. If your reaction at the end is like "done. easy. move on." it looks better than if you go nuts celebrating. SIL looks like he's just got out of bed, banged out that combo on his first attempt then gone to get some breakfast. But that could've been his 200th attempt for all I know. I wouldn't be able to do Jelp's combo, so I couldn't really judge on its execution. I just thought there was a difference (outside the actual combo) in how hard each spinner was trying. And that influenced by opinion. mpc

8. AfroSquared
    Date: Sun, Sep 28 2014 13:47:32

MPC wrote: Good battle guys. I have some miscellaneous advice for @Jelp20spin, although I'm not sure if others will agree. I think it detracts from your combo if you look super psyched at the end. I think any kind of skill looks infinitely more impressive if it seems effortless. If your reaction at the end is like "done. easy. move on." it looks better than if you go nuts celebrating. SIL looks like he's just got out of bed, banged out that combo on his first attempt then gone to get some breakfast. But that could've been his 200th attempt for all I know. I wouldn't be able to do Jelp's combo, so I couldn't really judge on its execution. I just thought there was a difference (outside the actual combo) in how hard each spinner was trying. And that influenced by opinion. mpc
    Yeah you're completely right mpc. Have you seen SuperVValrus' ''Excessive Celebration'' vid, i bet jelp did that off camera :3.

9. MPC
    Date: Sun, Sep 28 2014 13:53:10

Hehe. No I'd never seen that b4. Cracked me up. :D Reminds me of JackyMacky's new trick video. He seems to have deleted it now, but it was so funny. mpc