UPSB v4

Board Comments / Ban shitposting

1. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 14:26:30

[B][SIZE="5"]BAN SHITPOSTING[/SIZE][/B] If you don't know what shitposting is, click [SIZE="4"]HERE[/SIZE]. Or take a quick look here:

“Shitposting” is an Internet slang term describing a range of user misbehaviors and rhetoric on forums and message boards that are intended to derail a conversation off-topic, including thread jacking, circlejerking and non-commercial spamming. On 4chan, the byproduct of shitposting is referred to as cancer.
    I know it's on KYM, but it's not a meme. To expand on this in a more UPSB-specific way and to explain just how annoying this is, here are examples of shitposting:
      [*]Spamming the le Lenny face "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)". We know you're 12 and just discovered memes but it was never fucking funny to begin with. It's worse than desu. [*]Shitposting on member introductions, the last thing anyone wants to see is garbage like "whale cum" as their first impression of the forum. No wonder people don't stick around. [*]Posting your unfunny in-jokes everywhere, meme spamming is shit posting in itself, nevermind the meme that only YOU understand. [*]Trying to shitpost ironically results in a normal shitpost.
    Maybe these demands seem a bit strict, but then again I come from a forum where you get banned at first offence for shitposting.

2. pauliux00
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 15:02:17

Ceru Seiyu wrote: [B][SIZE="5"]BAN SHITPOSTING[/SIZE][/B]
    Do.

3. abandonctrl
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 15:18:02

Yes please!

4. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 15:41:35

I Agree!!

5. juzzle
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 16:09:34

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6. LighT*
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 16:20:00

This should probably be brought to @Zombo and the mods. Not that i dont agree.

7. m1ch1
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 16:53:23

in comparison to GPC, the shitposting in this forum is nothing :D but i like this idea, because i don't want that UPSB ends like GPC

8. JuKe
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 17:40:04

juzzle wrote: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    omg, you will die

9. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 18:40:52

So no fun in the form of the most commonly used forms of the internet allowed? Signing out then.

10. Resonance
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 19:00:35

I'll admit to not being around for a while, so I don't know how prominent is it in here, but I'll suggest not taking drastic steps. There's no need to ban a guy who jokingly posted " ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) " once, but if it seems to be a recurring problem, a ban might be a good idea. maybe shorter ones first, but I'm guessing it's more of the mods decision. just my 2 cents.

11. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 19:04:59

When I say ban shitposting I mean make it a rule, not ban everyone on sight. @ChainBreak It was never funny if UPSB wasn't your first experience with the internet outside of Facebook.

12. Pixels
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 19:14:45

As if this forum isnt dead enough. There isnt much contribution to ps anyways. If you cut the shit postings, it would be empty lol.

13. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 19:16:07

Pixels wrote: As if this forum isnt dead enough. There isnt much contribution to ps anyways. If you cut the shit postings, it would be empty lol.
    If this forum only had shitposting there wouldn't be anyone around, more like. You can only reply to shitposts with more shitposting, which derails threads. It's annoying as a beginner when a question I had would be given a shitpost answer that does nothing but waste time

14. Nick
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 22:30:24

I think the "omg wtf guys ur retarded lol" post should be banned. *ahem* @Monk

15. Court34
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 22:40:03

I'm not so sure about this rule. I mean i know fully what shitposting is and i agree with is as much as everyone else. (Not as much as Ceru, but somewhat) If i was a mod i would take this into consideration, but try to lighten some of it. The board wasn't meant for strict seriousness all the time. Let us joke some. By the way that Ceru is putting it into words, it sounds like it's rape by typing. But that's just me.

16. Monk
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 22:51:20

If you ban ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), then you basically have to ban all the emoticons.

17. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 23:23:02

The only thing I agree with this thread is to not shitpost on the new member introduction posts. Other than that, I dislike this thread.

18. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 00:40:29

your examples of shitposting aint even dat srs. dud u srs, they're so shallow.. this forum will be dead-"er" if all of the people will get so srs as fak

19. Dakrowl
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 00:46:04

Newbies for admin and moderators! !

20. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 01:53:03

We should just ban shit member then there will be no more shit posting.

21. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 02:31:19

Awesome wrote: We should just ban shit member then there will be no more shit posting.
    OP will get a banhammer den hahahah

22. DioBrando
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 02:37:09

?????????????????????????????

23. nv16
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 02:57:27

Spoiler
    lmao jkjk, tbh I think shit posting's hilarious but yeah it can be annoying if someone wants a question answered or whatever, idk whether it'd be possible to add some kind of rule to try stop it but I'm not too bothered by it anyway

24. Tetsip
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 02:59:27

darude- sandstorm

25. Twine
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 08:26:39

UPSB is shit posting.

26. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 09:22:36

With how some of you guys make it out to be, we might as well rename the board Universal Shit Posting Board

27. Twine
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 10:28:41

Ceru Seiyu wrote: With how some of you guys make it out to be, we might as well rename the board Universal Shit Posting Board
    10/10 would post on.

28. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 12:29:54

Ceru Seiyu wrote: [B][SIZE="5"]BAN SHITPOSTING[/SIZE][/B]
    :noface:

29. m1ch1
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 14:14:04

Ok. i thought over my opinion. Seriously guys, i wouldn't bother about the shitposting here in UPSB. I don't mind shitposts, except in serious discussions. Ignore them and the shitposter has no fun to do it anymore and if it goes out of boundaries, you can report him. I'm active in a forum with very strict rules, where a post must contain 25 words, but in a PenSpinning Forum sometimes you can express your opionion in a very short post (ok i go off topic). Short: Ban Shitposting is not necessary, until it reaches a certain level.(shitthreads, not posts) Or maybe it's because im from GPC and alreay developed a shitposting filter on my own.

30. AfroSquared
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 15:42:25

Shitposting is a nuisance, especially in serious discussions. I think what @Ceru Seiyu is trying to say that there should be a rule against shitposting in some areas in the board where a serious discussion is taking place (for e.g Pen Spinning sub forums, Trading/Buying, Pen modifications etc...). I think guys who shit post should be considerate about other people who are trying to discuss something and if you want to shitpost that badly...there is an off-topic and a spammer's bin sub forum for a reason.

31. pauliux00
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 15:43:13

Ceru Seiyu;288435]... rename the board Universal Shit Posting Board[/QUOTE] USPB? There's already one. How about Universal Pen Shitting Board? It is most about pens anyway... --- Should be a rule for shitposts... [QUOTE=RULES;9]Always make sure your post makes sense and CONTRIBUTES TO THE THREAD[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=RULES wrote: Examples of spam include: ..., short messages with no useful information, ...
    [SIZE="1"]Darule - Shitstorm[/SIZE]

32. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 16:27:26

I'll receive infractions/be banned in seconds. lol

33. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 17:59:09

JackyMacky wrote: I'll receive infractions/be banned in seconds. lol
    Or you could just keep it in the spammer's bin. [B]EDIT:[/B] And yeah it looks like shitposting is actually covered under Rule #1. Just not enforced. Also the arguments for it are silly. If everyone in the pen modifications forum started posting their pen mods in the advanced trick section we'd be bitching them for posting in the wrong place. If you take that shit out of the spammers bin and take it to general discussion, you're also posting in the wrong place. And don't act like that's being over-controlling all you guys, and that it's making so that "ONLY PURELY SERIOUS POSTS ARE ALLOWED", because if you think that posting "LOL LE ROFLCOPTER" randomly in a thread is the only form of humour around then you might want to get that brain damage checked out.

34. Monk
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 18:23:37

this thread is autistic

35. casual
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 18:53:47

this thread is artistic

36. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 22:02:33

Everyone in this tread should be banned for shit posting in it

37. Monk
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 22:23:16

Awesome wrote: Everyone in this tread should be banned for shit posting in it
    this is a shit thread

38. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Sep 4 2014 23:59:20

im not sure why is OP always so srs. -_- why does he always want to make stuff boring and shiz

39. Yaiya
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 00:15:33

Resonance wrote: I'll admit to not being around for a while, so I don't know how prominent is it in here, but I'll suggest not taking drastic steps. There's no need to ban a guy who jokingly posted " ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) " once, but if it seems to be a recurring problem, a ban might be a good idea. maybe shorter ones first, but I'm guessing it's more of the mods decision. just my 2 cents.
    I agree.

40. Nick
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 00:20:18

Awesome wrote: Everyone in this tread should be banned for shit posting in it
    including you...?

41. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 01:22:04

N!k wrote: including you...?
    and you

42. Monk
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 01:22:50

N!k wrote: including you...?
    including you and me too let's shit post on the anti-shit posting thread!

43. Sekai
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 01:26:59

ban your mom

44. [TGN]
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 02:05:14

° ͜ʖ ͡°

45. Nick
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 03:16:32

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). (ಥ﹏ಥ), (ಠ_ಠ) (ಠ_ಠ)? ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )... (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง?! ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ), (¬‿¬)?

46. Dern Goid
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 03:28:02

You guys are failing to understand this is by no means a seroius forum or board. If people want to "shit post" let them do it, does it really affect you? Sure it may piss you off but come on, this board is on the edge of dying. If it really pisses you off that much, just don't come on anymore and stop bitching and complaining because of what another kid posts on the internet. ffs

47. Soren
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 03:40:49

So what's the mod's verdict? @Reason I assume the mods are already discussing this behind close doors.

48. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 06:03:42

This same issue came up years ago. There's absolutely no reason to give an infraction or delete a post simply on the grounds of the post not being serious enough. Though, we would all prefer that members post relevant comments in the discussions. We won't police every post simply because someone reports it, no matter how lame that post is. If it's not off topic, contains no rule-breaking content, and expresses a relevant opinion towards the thread's content (yes, sentence fragments and moderate use of emotes are okay), then I see no reason to punish the user. UPSB is often revered as the most lax pen spinning board. All the dedicated members of UPSB have had a respectful and serious outlook towards the board's content and engage in discussion accordingly. Yes, we do have our share of members whose posts lack substance and value. These people come and go. It's not worth for any of the moderators to be a stickler at the cost of the board's fun and casual atmosphere. I think my colleagues will agree with me.

49. Soren
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 07:26:12

And there we go.

50. fang
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 08:51:36

Zkhan wrote: This same issue came up years ago. There's absolutely no reason to give an infraction or delete a post simply on the grounds of the post not being serious enough. Though, we would all prefer that members post relevant comments in the discussions. We won't police every post simply because someone reports it, no matter how lame that post is. If it's not off topic, contains no rule-breaking content, and expresses a relevant opinion towards the thread's content (yes, sentence fragments and moderate use of emotes are okay), then I see no reason to punish the user. UPSB is often revered as the most lax pen spinning board. All the dedicated members of UPSB have had a respectful and serious outlook towards the board's content and engage in discussion accordingly. Yes, we do have our share of members whose posts lack substance and value. These people come and go. It's not worth for any of the moderators to be a stickler at the cost of the board's fun and casual atmosphere. I think my colleagues will agree with me.
    Agreeing completely!

51. Reason
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 10:39:05

Zkhan wrote: This same issue came up years ago. There's absolutely no reason to give an infraction or delete a post simply on the grounds of the post not being serious enough. Though, we would all prefer that members post relevant comments in the discussions. We won't police every post simply because someone reports it, no matter how lame that post is. If it's not off topic, contains no rule-breaking content, and expresses a relevant opinion towards the thread's content (yes, sentence fragments and moderate use of emotes are okay), then I see no reason to punish the user. UPSB is often revered as the most lax pen spinning board. All the dedicated members of UPSB have had a respectful and serious outlook towards the board's content and engage in discussion accordingly. Yes, we do have our share of members whose posts lack substance and value. These people come and go. It's not worth for any of the moderators to be a stickler at the cost of the board's fun and casual atmosphere. I think my colleagues will agree with me.
    wut he said.

52. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Sep 5 2014 21:24:20

Even the mods should be banned. UPSB will become a ghost board that we will tell our childern scary stories about how they should never come here cuz they will be virtually raped by zombified alien ghosts and then have an abortion with a rust coat hanger

53. Tetsip
    Date: Sat, Sep 6 2014 01:44:43

get rekt