UPSB v4

General Discussion / Can You Change the Speed You Spin At?

1. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Mon, Aug 25 2014 23:32:02

It's just something I've been wondering (like everything else, lol). Can one force themselves to spin at the speed they want to? That is, most likely faster since slow spinning is usually just mastery of the trick. ;P Or is it all down to one's style? Thoughts appreciated, gogogo? ;)

2. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Mon, Aug 25 2014 23:48:25

I think you could o_O Your last sentence, "Or is it all down to one's style?". I'd have to say that you can adopt a different style. For example, some spinners like Bonkura's slow style, so they copy his style. But I also feel that style is a predetermined factor. Based on the shape of your hands, and different activities you've done. For example, I have short and fat fingers, and a large palm. So naturally, palmspins are easier for me, and I simply can't get the hang of reverse tricks, even the simplest ones ._. But I've also done gumdo, and you hold the sword with your ring and pinky fingers. Your ring/pinkies become extremely strong. Also piano has helped me with the wrist. So in conclusion, I guess you could control speed, but for some speeds, you won't be as adept, based on your style. ( sorry for any typos, I'm in a car right now )

3. wotu1
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 00:35:47

It's possible. If you just keep spinning at a faster or slower pace than you usually do, then that will eventually become your standard speed. For example, I used to spin slow for the first 1-1.5 years of spinning, but that got boring and I started spinning faster, now I spin at like 1.4x the speed I used to.

4. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 01:40:41

Wow, that's actually really cool then! It's a nice little thing I'll keep in mind for a bit later. Thanks for your input, and we'll see if we can't get a few more replies. ;P

5. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 02:10:16

You can, although I would recommend you spin at the speed you feel comfortable spinning and not forcing yourself. IMOIMOIMO

6. ShadowParadox
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 03:01:48

Yup... Bit of a pointless thread really. No ones stopping you from spinning hal speed, just like no ones stopping you from spinning s777 speed. ...(Just saying)...

7. Lito
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 03:21:51

ShadowParadox wrote: Yup... Bit of a pointless thread really. No ones stopping you from spinning hal speed, just like no ones stopping you from spinning s777 speed. ...(Just saying)...
    yea or dongza or freeman speeds XD

8. AfroSquared
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 08:46:33

SuperVValrus was quite a fast spinner years back, but over time he changed his speed to slow but smooth

9. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 11:26:51

Speed is variable in penspinning. I think it's almost mandatory for a good flow to be able to change the speed inside a combo. It's really good for presentation because you can put more emphasis on the highlights of the combo.

10. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 14:26:22

Spinning usually doesn't get more/less difficult at different speeds from my experience

11. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 21:54:47

I'm used to be a slow pser then I change it. I ps fast with an mx but when it comes to light mod I slow down like s777 slow. Usually the slow psers tend to do less power moves. Honestly, I'm some shit at power tricks so I can't really do fast spinning.

12. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 22:47:59

GeeGeeGee wrote: I'm used to be a slow pser then I change it. I ps fast with an mx but when it comes to light mod I slow down like s777 slow. Usually the slow psers tend to do less power moves. Honestly, I'm some shit at power tricks so I can't really do fast spinning.
    But you can do hard tricks and combos with a bictory -_____- You were UPSBs s777 dude xwx