UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / 3D printer Updates

1. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 16:07:10

[SPOILER="Old text"]Good evening folks As some of you might have heard I am making a 3D printer....and to help me funding the whole project I've set up a kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/942196753/making-a-cheap-delta-3d-printer/ I also try to make a nice animation for the kickstarter as soon as possible If it's done I'll try to experiment with 3D printing penspinning pen parts (mostly bodies and caps) I thought some of you might be interested in this so that why I posted it :) feel free to share this with fellow penspinners or who ever you want thanks ow and if you have any questions/tips on how to improve the kickstarter then feel free to post them :D[/SPOILER] okay folks, because the community did not had any profit of the kickstarter they decided to suspect it D: so yea our kickstarter is gone but We're sill making a 3D printer. I've decided to use this thread as an update thread instead, I'll only visual updates here like photos/videos and give some explanations as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

2. Xzeria
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 17:50:46

Oo, you dun did it. I can't really donate but I would buy if it turns out good. ;]

3. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 17:57:36

You can make a 3-D printer? As cool as that sounds you are either lieing or are way to smart to be wasting time spinning pens.

4. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 18:53:21

Awesome wrote: You can make a 3-D printer? As cool as that sounds you are either lieing or are way to smart to be wasting time spinning pens.
    It's also for a school project :)

5. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 21:19:09

How much do you need and how do we know the money goes straight to the project not for your personal gain.

6. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 21:49:05

GeeGeeGee wrote: How much do you need and how do we know the money goes straight to the project not for your personal gain.
    €600,- and it's very difficult to make 2 good quality printers for that amount of money and we'll show a picture if it's done. It's also kinda stupid to post a scam on a forum where I've been active on for 5 years....and one of the admins here lives literally 4 houses from my place

7. Tetsip
    Date: Sun, Aug 17 2014 01:52:42

Backed up with 10.00 Euros! Anything to support fellow oldies. btw if you scam me I will personally travel over to Netherlands, find Fang, torture him until he tells me where you live to ultimately destroy everything you love in life including your dutch clogs. Good luck! :)

8. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Sun, Aug 17 2014 01:56:33

Although I have no money to give ( I'm too young to have my own cards and stuff ), I'd just like to say that rarely do scams happen in Kickstarter ^_^ So you probably shouldn't worry about scamming and all that stuff :D

9. Xienix
    Date: Sun, Aug 17 2014 12:57:38

Tetsip wrote: Backed up with 10.00 Euros! Anything to support fellow oldies. btw if you scam me I will personally travel over to Netherlands, find Fang, torture him until he tells me where you live to ultimately destroy everything you love in life including your dutch clogs. Good luck! :)
    :bowdown:

10. AfroSquared
    Date: Sun, Aug 17 2014 13:51:55

Good Luck! :) When you complete it, you have the power to mass produce pen parts, you could sell it.

11. fang
    Date: Sun, Aug 17 2014 16:53:49

Tetsip wrote: Backed up with 10.00 Euros! Anything to support fellow oldies. btw if you scam me I will personally travel over to Netherlands, find Fang, torture him until he tells me where you live to ultimately destroy everything you love in life including your dutch clogs. Good luck! :)
    Like I defend Xienix here. I probably tell you his address for a cookie. Oh, and a front row seat to watch him suffer.

12. Infiknight
    Date: Sun, Aug 24 2014 11:35:33

wow this is so interesting :)

13. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Oct 9 2014 12:05:15

okay folks, because the community did not had any profit of the kickstarter they decided to suspect it D: so yea our kickstarter is gone but We're sill making a 3D printer. I've decided to use this thread as an update thread instead, I'll only visual updates here like photos/videos and give some explanations as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask :) so here's a prototype 3D printer made mostly from K'nex :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjbpS-A0hU It's not perfect because it's k'nex but I wanted to test some of the stepper motors

14. Jon Bellion
    Date: Sat, Oct 11 2014 01:09:03

I bet many people's schools have 3d printers..

15. Xienix
    Date: Sun, Nov 23 2014 22:26:54

Jon Bellion wrote: I bet many people's schools have 3d printers..
    but most of them are kits and not scrap made like this one finally got some movement :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8AvxztBw-8&feature=youtu.be

16. Xienix
    Date: Sun, Nov 30 2014 00:18:58

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk72gitoglrktuu/20141129_235935.jpg?dl=0 :)

17. Xienix
    Date: Sun, Nov 30 2014 22:36:41

and another update