UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / How do you make linkages more complex?

1. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 15:25:42

Hey UPSB! i've been trying to come up with new linkages recently and have been wondering how to get them on a more difficult and complex level. how would i be able to go about doing this? is it with finger crosses and crazy fingerslot links? does it depend on the tricks used? thanks for reading and i cant wait for replies

2. m1ch1
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 16:55:27

I not sure how to. But i made a breakdown 2 mesi combos and looked at the linkages and tried to use them as an inspirarion for my own linkages and combos. I don't think it depends on the tricks. Key3 did TA>Midbak>TA rev> Inexaround. When you look at the tricks on their own they are not very difficult but the linkage of them is difficult.

3. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 17:59:50

try out hybrids, thats probably the easiest way to make hard exciting linkages. Instead o0f completing tricks link out of them part way Other wise its about creativity and there is no guide for being creative ;(

4. kuroblack587
    Date: Sun, Aug 17 2014 03:41:12

all i can say about making complex linkages is to mess around with the tricks, try to use a variety of diffrent tricks from diffrent familys and literally mess around with you ideas for a linkage.

5. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Aug 17 2014 23:21:48

Many different ways to do it. By accident when you try to spin "randomly", by experimentation with fingercross or unusual variations that ypu haven't seen before, or through what I do: take a trick/hybrid, break it down as much as possible and start rearranging it until you get something mindblowing.

6. AfroSquared
    Date: Mon, Aug 18 2014 09:32:20

Experimentation. Do random freestyles and try fitting in moves that will be hard to do in a certain finger slot. For example, Devil's Around 34 -34 or ''Key3 did TA>Midbak>TA rev> Inexaround''. In addition, try slowing down combos you like and study their technique.

7. MPC
    Date: Mon, Aug 25 2014 08:51:59

If you try doing link in unusual slots and find you're limited by your flexibility, does just practicing those links develop flexibility, or do I need to do separate exercises? The reason I ask is that I just can't do Tw Sonic rev 12-34. :( mpc

8. Monk
    Date: Mon, Aug 25 2014 13:52:37

MPC wrote: If you try doing link in unusual slots and find you're limited by your flexibility, does just practicing those links develop flexibility, or do I need to do separate exercises? The reason I ask is that I just can't do Tw Sonic rev 12-34. :( mpc
    just practice the tricks. I practiced and got down tw. sonic on 34 which helped with flexibility issues.

9. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 09:57:50

MPC wrote: If you try doing link in unusual slots and find you're limited by your flexibility, does just practicing those links develop flexibility, or do I need to do separate exercises? The reason I ask is that I just can't do Tw Sonic rev 12-34. :( mpc
    With regards to flexibility you can train extra flexibility which will help with tricks that actually require it. (For example, pros that haven't trained flexibility will be unable to do a link such as inverse sonic 34-23 ~ Middlearound 24-24, because their ring finger cannot stretch out of the way enough). The best method I would say is Fire@Fox 's: [video=youtube;sJ_VqGIlP8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_VqGIlP8Y[/video] If you didn't understand one of ktrinh93's better videos is the flexibility one: [video=youtube;1m40jW37kpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m40jW37kpo[/video] Once you are able to lift your ring finger a lot on the table do it while making a fist instead of only having your middle finger in. That's what I did, it allows you to add huge amounts of flexibility extension.