UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey, I'm caesar

1. caesar
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 22:26:28

Hey, I'm caesar. I'm new to pen spinning and I been practically practicing 24/7 ever since I picked up this hobby. I was always very interested in it, just watching videos on YouTube, but I never really tried it for myself up until now. So recently I have been practising getting down just the fundamentals but, when should I move on to learning new moves, when will I know, and what move(s) should it be? I really want to get to the point where I can at less get a combo or two down to practice. Any beginner combo suggestions? Thank You !! :):):)

2. YOUSTEN
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 22:35:03

hey bro, welcome to the board! :) well i personally learned many tricks before i started to do combos / linkages. just learn the basics and then something like infinity, tw. sonic, neosonic and also learn them reverse, palm up, palm down and everything :D it will take a while (; and yea later you can start with linkings i think (: if you got any question feel free to ask me, you can also add me in skype just let me know in a pm if you want :P have fun at spinning! ^-^

3. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 23:41:57

caesar wrote: Hey, I'm caesar. I'm new to pen spinning and I been practically practicing 24/7 ever since I picked up this hobby. I was always very interested in it, just watching videos on YouTube, but I never really tried it for myself up until now. So recently I have been practising getting down just the fundamentals but, when should I move on to learning new moves, when will I know, and what move(s) should it be? I really want to get to the point where I can at less get a combo or two down to practice. Any beginner combo suggestions? Thank You !! :):):)
    Welcome to UPSB. Please read the rules before posting. For general information about tricks and combos, please refer to the following threads: http://forum.upsb.info/forumdisplay.php?f=11 http://forum.upsb.info/forumdisplay.php?f=12 http://forum.upsb.info/forumdisplay.php?f=56 For questions about learning order, you may want to read through this thread: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=27 Keep in mind that the order in which you learn tricks/linkages is entirely up to you. There are countless tutorials online but I believe shoeman6 and Eso have the best ones. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMiB0W89dgKnc2wZnlysioikVm56Tkn-K https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkjj8ogaxbBWNubdTZhoGLzytgCeGWLU5 Simple questions you might have may be asked in the shoutbox. Usually, our members will be kind enough to answer them for you. Please remember to search before you post on the forums. It is highly possible that your question may have already been answered! For other questions, feel free to contact any one of our moderators. We'll be glad to assist you.

4. Reason
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 00:25:16

welcome to the board! haha zkhan had quite a useful response so theres not much i can add to it XD dont be afraid to ask questions! people like me and zkhan try to stay as active as possible so we can help people with their problems. so like he said, feel free to contact us or other moderators if you need help! have fun!

5. caesar
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 01:09:12

Thank You! An other thing I was wounding about is, what are the heaviest pen mods out there? I have learned that the heavy mods are not really ideal for new spinners but I think I might be comfort wilt one versus a lighter mod. On a whole other note...I was woundering if it would be ok if you or anyone else can help me progress and improve my pen spinning? You see I learn a lot more faster when I have a certain goal to reach within a time limit :3 so I was thinking maybe someone can give me a little mini combo or linkage that I can try to learn In say maybe a week or two (or a given time for more of a challenge) and I would put up a video for proof xD It would just make pen spinning a little bit more fun and motovative for me :)

6. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 01:17:51

To answer your first question: Buster CYL's, vicgotgame mods, and Bonkura KT's are pretty heavy, as far as I know. But my knowledge about mods is not that extensive anyway :P And to answer your second question: Sure, I'd be willing to help! Would you like me to give you one now, or.. ? And welcome to the board! I like your enthusiasm; keep up the good work :)

7. caesar
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 01:35:56

Thanks! I'll take a good look at all of these pen mods ^_^. I know with all things you probably should not, "Judge a book by its cover" but when looking for a pen mod It will surly play a part when I do :3 And yea sure now would be great, just give me a date on when I should be ready with it ;) Ill do my very very best but remember I'm no pro...or anything near that, but in due time I really hope so, jest keep that in mind :) Thanks for the help btw, I thought this might of been a little to much to ask :P ***Edit: Btw I noticed that you joined UPSB a day before my birthday :3 xD Cool :)

8. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 01:41:42

Alright, sure :) For now, since I don't know you're level yet, I'll just give you a random one: TA Reverse T1 - 23 > Sonic 23 - 12 > Pass 12 - 23 - 34 > Sonic Rise ( Sonic 34 - 23 - 12 ) > Neosonic. Sorry if this is a sucky combo or if it's not your level :P I can always change the combo to make it easier or harder if you want ? EDIT : Sorry, forgot to add the due date. I'll give you 4 days; 'till the evening of August 16th, Saturday. Sound good ?

9. caesar
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 01:51:31

No no, I think this will be just fine Thank You ^_^ But what is TA Rev T1 - 23? Is the [COLOR="red"]T1 - 23[/COLOR] the way I catch the pen after the TA Rev, then into the Sonic? Sorry I'm new to this notation thing too :S and I only know of the Neosonic but I will learn it :) thats the fun of all this :D

10. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 01:57:04

The TA Rev T1 - 23 means that you are doing a Thumbaround Reverse, and the starting position is T1, or the thumb and your pointer finger ( it can also be supported by the middle finger ) , and the catch position is 23, or between your middle and ring finger. http://jhonertwert.wix.com/upsb#!background/c1d94 Check out this page for more :)

11. caesar
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 01:58:57

Ohh ok I get it ^_^ So how long are you giving me to this? :3

12. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 02:01:02

I'll give you 4 days; 'till the evening of August 16th, Saturday. :)

13. caesar
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 02:05:15

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED !! Thank You cl3ud.kr, stay tuned Lol. Do you have any video of your own?

14. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 02:06:23

You're welcome, and I'm glad that you like it :D And sadly no, I do not. Well I have one really crappy one that I just used to test out my camera o.O I don't have a proper camcorder yet, but I might be getting one :D Stay tuned for that! My channel is cl3ud.kr.

15. caesar
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 03:21:33

I Think I am going to try to throw in a Fingerless TA Rev after the Neosonic :3

16. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 03:33:40

Good idea :) How about fingerless thumbflal charge reverse?

17. caesar
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 04:37:05

Ohh man I been working on it just now! Unfortunately when I try to do the Fingerless Charge Rev after the Neosonic, its like to choppy :( well on the bright side, I did just learn what the Neosonic was and also I still have un till Saturday :)

18. Solaire
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 06:11:53

I suppose im a little late, but Welcome!! ^_^ hope you like it here as much as i do., im bad at introductions soo im Solaire but Sol is fine. Im online a lot so i guess get to know me XD

19. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 08:38:11

welcome to UPSB

20. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 15:41:07

caesar wrote: Ohh man I been working on it just now! Unfortunately when I try to do the Fingerless Charge Rev after the Neosonic, its like to choppy :( well on the bright side, I did just learn what the Neosonic was and also I still have un till Saturday :)
    @caesar Practice makes perfect? :P

21. caesar
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 21:22:46

Thank You for all the warm welcomings!!:) Hey @cl3ud.kr, I was wondering when you will be getting your new camera, and also how long have you been pen spinning?

22. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 21:26:00

@caesar I'm not quite sure 'bout that, but for now, I'm using my built-in computer webcam. It works fine ^^ And I've been spinning for around 4-5 months, why?

23. caesar
    Date: Thu, Aug 14 2014 02:23:18

Awe man I got bad news :( I have to find a new pen to spin because I miss placed my old one some place while I was out. But I got some good news ^_^ I'm going to be ordering my first real pen mod tomorrow from penwhish.com :) But I don't think that will be coming in maybe 2-3 weeks? So I guess that videos is going to have to wait >.< Sorry ***Edit: My old pen was just some pen I found laying around that I put caps on the ends x3 I guess for now I will spin this drum stick :)

24. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Aug 14 2014 12:52:42

spin an unsharpened pencil, then you could be the next s777 :D

25. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Thu, Aug 14 2014 14:53:47

caesar wrote: Awe man I got bad news :( I have to find a new pen to spin because I miss placed my old one some place while I was out. But I got some good news ^_^ I'm going to be ordering my first real pen mod tomorrow from penwhish.com :) But I don't think that will be coming in maybe 2-3 weeks? So I guess that videos is going to have to wait >.< Sorry ***Edit: My old pen was just some pen I found laying around that I put caps on the ends x3 I guess for now I will spin this drum stick :)
    Oh, that's fine :) And as ShadowParadox suggested, unsharpened pencils are also fine :D Especially those really long ones, if you add thin grips to them, they become pretty epic ^_^ And congrats about the order, I also ordered my first pen from penwish yesterday! :D