UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Carbon Fiber Pen Parts

1. Solaire
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:04:34

Ok so the site is mydipkit.com and they sell a kit to dip things in carbon fiber, take a look for yourself because i dont know how to describe it. Anyway its quite costly but maybe if somebody offered the service it would be worth it if you wanted a sexy carbon fiber coated-lets saaay Buster CYL.. I dont have money so i was posting this for someone like @PenwisH who may find this idea interesting as well. Kits start at $69 including 20 cm of film, plus any extra film you want which is $30 a meter for what im looking at. maybe 1 foot would be required per pen if its cutable and if it is then the 3 meters could cover more pens. If anyone decides to do this please pm me! I want a carbon fiber Yelo mod lol!

2. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:30:12

That's a nice idea, but sadly, I don't have the money. :(

3. Monk
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:46:11

check the pendolsa site

4. Solaire
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:51:26

Monk wrote: check the pendolsa site
    i just did, cant find anything like this

5. Monk
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:55:27

Solaire wrote: i just did, cant find anything like this
    check again honestly, no one would spend that much for some designs. electrical tape are used here for a reason

6. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 17:25:06

CFRP is brittle, BE WARNED. I did my A Level Physics coursework on it, so just a warning if you plan on using it as reinforcement, impacts may be more likely to cause cracks that propagate. If you want to coat pen mods there are likely better solutions. Tape cuts are utter shite though so I would love for something different. Maybe double shot injection molds?

7. Solaire
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 18:20:43

Ceru Seiyu wrote: CFRP is brittle, BE WARNED. I did my A Level Physics coursework on it, so just a warning if you plan on using it as reinforcement, impacts may be more likely to cause cracks that propagate. If you want to coat pen mods there are likely better solutions. Tape cuts are utter shite though so I would love for something different. Maybe double shot injection molds?
    @CeruSeiyu This is just carbon fiber image transferring so it would go over the plastic ^_^ shouldn't be to brittle right? Also I'll look into that., i emailed the company asking if it could be applied to a pen barrel anyway, also theres the issue with the cost haha but whatever i guess if you want a carbon fiber Dr.KT bad enough then that $100 would be worth it! I mean people spend that on miffies so why not, and you could use a cheap barrel because its gonna get coated anyway and it will cover the text indentions if they are small

8. Monk
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 18:28:49

tape cuts are shit if you're bad at them B^)

9. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 18:38:49

Monk wrote: tape cuts are shit if you're bad at them B^)
    Tape cuts are shit if your pen isn't for display only. The tape loses stick, peels and the feel is ew. If the design can be custom I wouldn't mind any cost. Also sorry I thought you were coating it with ACTUAL carbon fiber

10. Solaire
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 09:56:40

Ceru Seiyu wrote: Tape cuts are shit if your pen isn't for display only. The tape loses stick, peels and the feel is ew. If the design can be custom I wouldn't mind any cost. Also sorry I thought you were coating it with ACTUAL carbon fiber
    @CeruSeiyu I also wish they could be custom, but i like the CF look so i dont mind :) actually i might try this,. if i do decide to then what parts would you want if i do it?? If youre interested. itd be this pattern https://www.mydipkit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=26&zenid=33f356cf31c34993fc0fd9189674b198