UPSB v4

Member Introductions / HEY HEY !! :3 IIlllII llIIIll

1. IIlllII llIIIll
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 20:00:21

HEY Everyone !! Im IIlllII llIIIll form Toronto, Scarborough :) I been pen spinning since August 2014 so i'm pretty new to all this, but so far its been a great experience and i'm glad I choose to pick it up ^_^. Up un till this point I been recoding my progress. Every time I would learn a new trick I would post it up on my YouTube channel that I have dedicated to pen spinning. You can cheek me out here at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp_med7JaiJ9GNG0A65-qg I plan on really getting the hang of this pen spinning stuff so here is some place where you can watch me progress from the fundamentals to the advanced, just as you are. I still got a long way to go but i'm up for a challenge ;) I will also doing like freestyles and combos of my own when I get a little better. I would really appreciate it if anyone can leave some positive feed back, like or even subscribe :) We can learn together ^_^. BTW I am very active on both my UPSB and YouTube accounts so if your looking a pen buddy i'm here too LOL :3

2. YOUSTEN
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 20:19:22

hey, welcome to the UPSB! (: i don't know if you know but there is also an UPSB Tinychat, we hang out there and spin :P http://upsb.info/tinychat/ feel free to come and spin with us! (;

3. Reason
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 21:33:44

welcome to the board! be sure to ask questions if you have any. im always willing to help! also make sure you read the board rules. have fun!

4. IIlllII llIIIll
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 21:58:21

Whoaa !! I just checked out some of your videos on your YouTube account and your style is crazy smooth, something I can really study, so I subscribed :) andI i just realized that your a Moderator, Thank you for welcoming me. Maybe if you can suggest some really easy combos or linkages I guess that can really help me out. :3

5. LighT*
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 22:48:39

IIlllII llIIIll wrote: HEY Everyone !! Im IIlllII llIIIll form Toronto, Scarborough :) I been pen spinning since August 2014 so i'm pretty new to all this, but so far its been a great experience and i'm glad I choose to pick it up ^_^. Up un till this point I been recoding my progress. Every time I would learn a new trick I would post it up on my YouTube channel that I have dedicated to pen spinning. You can cheek me out here at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp_med7JaiJ9GNG0A65-qg I plan on really getting the hang of this pen spinning stuff so here is some place where you can watch me progress from the fundamentals to the advanced, just as you are. I still got a long way to go but i'm up for a challenge ;) I will also doing like freestyles and combos of my own when I get a little better. I would really appreciate it if anyone can leave some positive feed back, like or even subscribe :) We can learn together ^_^. BTW I am very active on both my UPSB and YouTube accounts so if your looking a pen buddy i'm here too LOL :3
    Well im glad to see the enthusiasm ^_^! WELCOME TO UPSB! Im LighT*, if you have any questions about anything at anytime please ask me and ill get back to you ASAP. Dont hesitate to ask, its what im here for :), I hope you enjoy UPSB and penspinning just as much as we do!

6. Reason
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 22:55:40

IIlllII llIIIll wrote: Whoaa !! I just checked out some of your videos on your YouTube account and your style is crazy smooth, something I can really study, so I subscribed :) andI i just realized that your a Moderator, Thank you for welcoming me. Maybe if you can suggest some really easy combos or linkages I guess that can really help me out. :3
    thanks so much man ^_^ smoothness is pretty important for me. i suggest checking out the PVG simple linkage series that Tigres made. heres the first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7AoLeswfuU some of them may be a bit too advanced for you right now, but they are super helpful! i also suggest that you practice doing tricks you know in different slots, hand positions, and in sequence with different tricks. exploring how diverse each trick is may help you to find new ways to use them in combos. EDIT: just 1 more bit of advice... i think you could change your current filming setup for the better. the background is much too bright and its the same color as your pen. it makes it very hard to see the pen movements and defeats the purpose of the HD. i suggest filming somewhere where there is 1 light source and make sure that the light is hitting the inside/palm of your hand (rather than light being on the back of your hand). make the background neutral, but make sure you can see the pen easily over it. i suggest a black sheet or a wooden table. filming from a slightly higher angle (so the camera is pointing downward at your hand) will probably help too. this is a pretty good example of what i mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6pzT4z4vYs anyways i hope my paragraphs help you...

7. Android
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 23:21:24

Hey there, I'm brand new to pen spinning as well. Just thought I'd drop a comment to say hi! The youtube videos of yours that I watched have really great quality, you already have an edge up on most penspinning youtubers :p

8. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 00:43:23

Hey, I'm also one of the sort of new spinners here at UPSB. Nice to meet you :) I like your enthusiasm, and your videos have great quality! Nice job on the videos, and keep up the great work.

9. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 00:51:31

Welcome to upsb. Dat name and quality tho :D

10. IIlllII llIIIll
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 01:18:53

Thank You for the invite and I will be there often to learn from others ^_^ I will take all your suggestions into consideration Reason :) Ill make sure my next video will have all of these qualities that you have mentions! I know i'm still new to this art but I am VERY DETERMINED to get good, and become well know through out the UPSB. ***PS: Thank You for the video I'm sure this will keep me very busy !!

cl3ud.kr;286910]Hey, I'm also one of the sort of new spinners here at UPSB. Nice to meet you :) I like your enthusiasm, and your videos have great quality! Nice job on the videos, and keep up the great work.[/QUOTE] Thank You, Thank You ^_^ taekwondo is really cool, im also interested in martial arts xD [QUOTE=ShadowParadox wrote: Welcome to upsb. Dat name and quality tho :D
    LOL Thank You, and I know my name is a bit much but I think it looks arty :3 ***BTW If anyone wants to spin with me just let me know the times your roughly on http://upsb.info/tinychat :) Like I said i'm still new but i'm willing to learn from others or simply just spin some pens, chill, and have a good time ^_^

11. Reason
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 01:35:22

@IIlllII llIIIll no prob dude. im happy to help out! also... i just merged your posts, but please avoid doing double posts (posting more than once in a row). try to put all of your replies into a single post. if you want to add on to a previous post, you can use the "edit post" option at the bottom of each of your posts. (yeah im a mod being a mod >_>)

12. IIlllII llIIIll
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 01:38:46

HaHa NP sorry about that, and its cool Mod's mod xD

13. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 01:53:48

Looks like you got a good trick set, try linking them together and you will be on your way to real spinning. You are doing very well for starting only this month. You can do sonic into a TA the TA rev and catch it in 23 and repeat that then instead of doing TA all the time try infinity or instead of sonic try some other variation. You will catch on quickly once you start doing these kinda things and it will grow from there, try to find certain moves that feel good to do after one another. You are at the level where you can start to develop some linkages and those can quickly turn into FS and combos. I am not very active but I used to be pretty good at spinning, its inspiring to see up and coming spinners, I would be happy to help you with any concerns you may have if you toss me a PM. Do you know any other spinners IRL? Its a bit surprising to see you with a nice mod like that when you are so new. It was a month before I even got a simple mod myself.

14. IIlllII llIIIll
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 02:32:07

Awesome wrote: Looks like you got a good trick set, try linking them together and you will be on your way to real spinning. You are doing very well for starting only this month. You can do sonic into a TA the TA rev and catch it in 23 and repeat that then instead of doing TA all the time try infinity or instead of sonic try some other variation. You will catch on quickly once you start doing these kinda things and it will grow from there, try to find certain moves that feel good to do after one another. You are at the level where you can start to develop some linkages and those can quickly turn into FS and combos. I am not very active but I used to be pretty good at spinning, its inspiring to see up and coming spinners, I would be happy to help you with any concerns you may have if you toss me a PM. Do you know any other spinners IRL? Its a bit surprising to see you with a nice mod like that when you are so new. It was a month before I even got a simple mod myself.
    Thank You for the positive feed back! I'll make sure to try out all of these combos and linkages. I'm pretty much pen spinning all the time, for some reason I cant seem to put it down xD Im left handed but I spin with my right hand (fun fact) LOL. Unfortunately I don't know any real life pen spinners :( They know of the art but no one really seems to spin them to this extreme anymore? or at less maybe not as before? IDK :/ But I guess thats why i'm so happy I found out about the UPSB :) About my pen, I spin a Rib Buster2 (Metal 8 Rings) i'm not 100% if this pen is considers "Noob", "Good or Bad", but I picked this one out because I liked the way it looked LOL ^_^ its funny because NOW i'm aware of these recommended beginner to advanced mods but I already got one of my own so i'll work with what I got for now :)

15. AfroSquared
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 12:04:53

welcome to upsb! Nice name...