UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Ebola Virus Disease

1. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 10:57:26

A deadly disease is set to hit the shores of the US, UK and much of the rest of the northern hemisphere in the coming months. It will swamp our hospitals, lay millions low and by this time next year between 250,000 and 500,000 worldwide will be dead, thousands of them in the US and Britain. Ebola virus disease (EVD), formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever, is a severe, often fatal illness in humans. Despite the best efforts of the medical profession, there’s no reliable cure, and no available vaccine offers effective protection for longer than a few months at a time. .............................................................................................................. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/05/ebola-worrying-disease Ebola Virus Disease is around the world. However it is most occuring in West Africa. The symtoms include fatigue, fever, headaches, and joint, muscle, and abdominal pain. Then it progresses to vomiting, diarrhea and loss of appetite. Skin manifestations may include a maculopapular rash (in about 50% of cases).Early symptoms of EVD may be similar to those of malaria, dengue fever, or other tropical fevers, before the disease progresses to the bleeding phase. In the bleeding phase, internal and subcutaneous bleeding may present itself through reddening of the eyes and bloody vomit.[8] Bleeding into the skin may create petechiae, purpura, ecchymoses, and hematomas (especially around needle injection sites). More info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

2. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 12:24:32

It's sad to think that I might be dying at such a young age :(

3. sarugio
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 12:42:41

isn't this an old disease in africa? i mean they discover it maybe like 10 years ago(maybe?) to the people who lives in infected areas: Keep strong bro, were praying for you all :)

4. Monk
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 13:04:48

Wikipedia? Uhhh..

5. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 15:04:46

sarugio wrote: isn't this an old disease in africa? i mean they discover it maybe like 10 years ago(maybe?) to the people who lives in infected areas: Keep strong bro, were praying for you all :)
    Yeah it is old. The first case was reported in 1976. It is now on the uprise and is gonna affect the US and UK over the next few months. Btw it is everywhere in the world, ebola is milder in some places than in others though with very few cases

6. Solid
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 22:33:15

shit... i live on the farthest out into the atlantic on the east cost of usa.... @cl3ud.kr IF YOU DIE I DIE TOO XD

7. Solaire
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 03:05:40

You guys over react, malaria kills way more and spreads through what? Mosquitoes! LOL its killed more people than all wars combined

8. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 03:25:16

Solaire wrote: You guys over react, malaria kills way more and spreads through what? Mosquitoes! LOL its killed more people than all wars combined
    Malaria is old news while this is a recent surge. Its not about total kills, its about novelty.

9. AfroSquared
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 09:42:58

yeah but that is because they don't have the appropriate medical equipment in Africa to treat Malaria. There is a cure for Malaria, there is no cure for Ebola...just saying

10. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 22:33:22

I did some research and apparently, the probability of it spreading through developed countries like the U.S. is very slim. :)

11. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 22:34:30

Solid wrote: shit... i live on the farthest out into the atlantic on the east cost of usa.... @cl3ud.kr IF YOU DIE I DIE TOO XD
    Lol :D