UPSB v4

Board Help / Zen

1. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 01:03:58

I received an e-mail from Zen informing me he has been banned from this board. The email is as follows:

Hey Ceru, As you may know I have been banned from UPSB, on the alegations that I made duplicate accounts and attempted to scam someone. Now the reason I tell you this is because I want you tell my side of the story. I want people to know how the moderating commitee accused me of things I did not commit. I respect you, and I feel you talk with sense, you have an aura of influence. I will type everything all I ask of you is to copy and paste the text under your account in my name. I did not scam anyone, please believe me! They banned my brother's account! Can you believe that? Because we use the same ip address. Please do this for me, Oliver (I hope I can can you that) If you want to know the entire story, you are entitled to that. About a month ago, I made two fake accounts on UPSB. One was alE and the other ff. My original intention was to simply give myself two or three feedbacks to make up for two bad trades. Now about three days ago, User: IMC Kor wanted to sell a Miffy Pack. Me not wanting to pay full price for it, decided to use a psychology trick in order to drop the price. I used both the duplicate accounts and made him offers 100$-120$. Now I asked him to send first, because everyone knows, that is something worth negoticating. I was going to then drop the deal from both accounts so that he would feel 120$ is too much, and thus when Zen asked to buy miffies I would get them at a cheaper price. Now I do admit I had duplicate accounts and I thought i would only get a infract or week ban. I did not scam IMC KOR nor did I intend to. Please help fight this injustice. I want my account and my brother's account reinstated. Please be my spokesperson
    I'm not sure at all about the story but that's what I came here to ask about.

2. Gash
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 01:34:32

If Zen deserves an unban, so does SuiXidaL.

3. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 01:39:08

it would be one thing if he had multiple accounts, but he manipulated the feed back system and tried to be deceitful with them, I say keep him banned, its a bit harsh but the feed back system needs to be kept with integrity and fooling around with that is one of the worst things someone can do on here imo.

4. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 01:59:50

decided to use a psychology trick in order to drop the price.I used both the duplicate accounts and made him offers 100$-120$. Now I asked him to send first, because everyone knows, that is something worth negoticating. I was going to then drop the deal from both accounts so that he would feel 120$ is too much, and thus when Zen asked to buy miffies I would get them at a cheaper price.
    These lines just support the reason for a permanent ban. Duplicate accounts is one thing but using them for such purposes as scamming is another. That's right, this is considered scamming. One person, Zen, is using multiple accounts in an attempt to lower the set price which means the seller loses profit while Zen gains. And according to the following lines, Zen is aware that duplicate accounts can result in some form of punishment: "Now I do admit I had duplicate accounts and I thought i would only get a infract or week ban." If you knew that, why do it? All for an overpriced pack of plastic tubes? Just when I was about to send you the white BiCtory man. smh

5. Van
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 02:11:07

He faked positive feedback, his essay just sounds like a load of bull Keep him banned

6. flaming oracle
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 02:27:09

lol people these days, well i'd say better safe than sorry! keem him banned!

7. Solaire
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 02:38:20

I like Zen and even i think that his email just seems like more of a reason for a Ban.., Even if his brother had an account that still leaves 2 Duplicate accounts, 2 faked feedbacks, and 1 scam... Hate to say it because he was cool and id consider him a friend so i want to say unban him but had it been someone else id have to say keep them banned...

8. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 02:40:46

I've also seen him post a lot on the forum, he always seemed to be sort of ... angry ? I don't really quite know, but we've had a few nice discussions together. I never knew that he was perma-banned. Not that I have a say in this, but I think we should keep him banned.

9. Monk
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 03:14:21

Trying to trick someone to get a product, ffs keep him banned i mean, if he was okay with getting banned with a couple of weeks, then keep him banned forever

10. Vektor
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 03:38:50

You're done man! You won't get entry again. Go to some other ps board! If you know french, japanese or chineese. Wahahaha!

11. Zkhan
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 03:47:16

We will not entertain the notion that Zen should be unbanned under any circumstances. He not only admitted to the offense, but also clearly stated he would accept the punishment dealt to him. For confidentiality reasons, I will not disclose the exact messages exchanged between him and the moderator crew. However, he was apathetic and showed no true remorse for his actions. He made the conscience decision to use deceptive tactics to manipulate the deal in his favor. I was notified of the issue and promptly investigated it. UPSB staff discussed the issue and came to a unanimous conclusion. This type of behavior is not tolerated. He, and all his duplicate accounts, were banned permanently.

12. wotu1
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 04:40:19

I have no idea who Zen is but this thread just dug his grave even deeper than it already was. Zen why did you think making this thread was a good idea lulz

13. nv16
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 06:15:34

Damn, Zen was really helpful, kinda sad to see him banned. Still, multiple accounts and scamming, I agree with choice to ban him.

14. ShadowParadox
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 07:57:59

So zen is banned......shit..... Edit: wait ceru, your name is Oliver? Or is that zens name?

15. DioBrando
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 08:50:24

lmao his brother hahaha

16. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 09:08:18

We all know that Zen is a active, helpful and valuable member on this board. I want Zen to come back but in this email he sent, he admits doing things like making 2 accounts. Even though i don't agree with a permanent ban, I can't say that he didn't bring this on himself and i can't blame the board for banning him. Sorry Zen.

17. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 09:58:11

ShadowParadox wrote: So zen is banned......shit..... Edit: wait ceru, your name is Oliver? Or is that zens name?
    it's my name

18. HunterX
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 10:12:47

Aww...that's sad but deserved D: Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

19. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 11:13:05

We'll all miss Zen. I don't think it'll be possible to get him unbanned @Ceru Seiyu. Zkhan and the UPSB are making it clear that they aren't gonna unban him.

20. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 11:13:52

Okay then

21. HunterX
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 11:38:33

Ok... Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

22. YOUSTEN
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 13:57:06

the thing is he wanted to scam somebody, and even if not, he still made multi-accounts to get the miffys at a lower price. that is enough of a reason to ban him, if you want something u have to pay for it, and if its too much for you then just dont buy it, simple as that! keep him banned, dont need scammers in this forum.

23. Gash
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 14:26:52

Ceru Seiyu wrote: Okay then
    Lol, so much for Zen choosing you as his lawyer. It seems as though you couldn't care less about him lmao.

24. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 14:28:00

Gash wrote: Lol, so much for Zen choosing you as his lawyer. It seems as though you couldn't care less about him lmao.
    Not really interested in arguing with general consensus/mods because I know better than any how well that turns out

25. Vektor
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 14:55:21

Can he go to some other board? Or he is banned from any online ps activity?

26. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 15:24:40

Spinner_Zap wrote: Can he go to some other board? Or he is banned from any online ps activity?
    yes he can easily go to another board, just not this one.

27. Tigres
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 18:21:45

Or he can make a completely new account here

28. Vedyl
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 19:48:23

I had nice chats with him. Ill miss him.

29. Solaire
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 21:56:27

I know he deserved the ban, and i thought and still think he was cool because he helped me out with trying to learn to play the piano.. But think about it this way- This ban could result in him potentially quitting pen spinning forever which honestly seems very harsh.. I think if he did get unbanned maybe the mods could watch his activity and find a way to ban him from trading (this could be done by monitoring his PMs and Posts) Im not saying he didnt deserve the ban for what he did im saying that to possibly force someone to give up spinning is not fair, sure it was wrong and well deserving of the ban and it was a bad thing to do.. So what if one person isnt as good as the rest of us, weve all done something wrong in our lifetime thats completely wrong. So yeah ill say it- Unban him.. Simply because i know how it would feel to be kicked from UPSB, id probably stop spinning because i love coming here. But do something to make sure he cant do it again, or make him verify his trades with the moderators so if something goes wrong they know first and can perma ban him forever. I know even if he did come back hed get lots of hate though

30. HunterX
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 22:22:12

Solaire wrote: I know he deserved the ban, and i thought and still think he was cool because he helped me out with trying to learn to play the piano.. But think about it this way- This ban could result in him potentially quitting pen spinning forever which honestly seems very harsh.. I think if he did get unbanned maybe the mods could watch his activity and find a way to ban him from trading (this could be done by monitoring his PMs and Posts) Im not saying he didnt deserve the ban for what he did im saying that to possibly force someone to give up spinning is not fair, sure it was wrong and well deserving of the ban and it was a bad thing to do.. So what if one person isnt as good as the rest of us, weve all done something wrong in our lifetime thats completely wrong. So yeah ill say it- Unban him.. Simply because i know how it would feel to be kicked from UPSB, id probably stop spinning because i love coming here. But do something to make sure he cant do it again, or make him verify his trades with the moderators so if something goes wrong they know first and can perma ban him forever. I know even if he did come back hed get lots of hate though
    Well written :) Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

31. Solid
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 22:42:04

@Tigres can he really do that i mean they banned his brother for having the same ip adress so he couldnt make a new one could he? and looks like well never see him spin me x zens battle is gonnnneeeee lel. oh zen dont scam....

32. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 22:48:54

Another email: Sorry for making you go through with this Ceru, I just want to apologize to everyone on the board and some specific people on the board, @Zkhan and the moderating team- I thank you for being quiet about the whole thing, and dealing with it quickly. I would like it if my Brother's account was reinstated, but i won't disclose his account name here. Can you please do that? He has done nothing wrong. It would be my last wish from the moderating staff. He registered in the same house as me, which is why the ips are the same. @ Everyone Thanks for the great experience. i finally realized to move on from Pen Spinning, and this ban helped me realize that. I hope all of you will grow and become the people you want to become fang good luck with your rock band! Lastly thank you @Ceru for allowing me to give my dying regards to UPSB If any of you want to keep in touch with me, you can email me at [email][email protected][/email] My last Regards Zen

33. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 22:53:28

I agree. I too, am not that sure about banning him. Because Zen's ban will result in a loss of face, and if he comes back, he'll still have that with him. He'll have to apologize, act like he's truly sorry, and all that stuff. That might be even harder for him. And with this ban, maybe he'll learn something new. As the saying goes, you have to experience pain to know pain. I say we give him one more chance.

34. Xzeria
    Date: Wed, Aug 6 2014 23:15:44

If you read this Zen, I'll miss you. I guess greed get's to all of us, even the best. To the mod/admin team, I do kinda agree with giving him a /ban but I think that he would learn a lesson from this, perhaps a 6month ban wouldn't be too late to consider? If not I totally understand, I just feel that Zen has had a positive influence on UPSB, helping n00bs with modding and ps, and starting up the mafia game&other events such the beginner collab. I allso understand that these actions do not change the fact that he acually did try to "scam" or manipulating the prize. It requires a hard punishment to discourage others from doing something similair. At Zen agian, if you don't ever return to ps I wish you to have a great life and the best of luck. Bye : 3 If you ever need to contact me; Skype: Xzeria, Email: [email][email protected][/email] (anyone else don't spam me ples. ;]) /My opinion(Literally shed a few tears when I wrote this lel)

35. Solid
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 00:49:45

zen was one of the few people who i considered a mod honestly and was suprised when noob me found out he wasnt. and zen dont you think giving up penspinning and moving on from a fun hobby cuz you got banned is a bit overboard? just saying. and lolno ill pass on the battle i already have plans to lose against @AfroSquared

36. Solaire
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 02:45:00

cl3ud.kr wrote: I agree. I too, am not that sure about banning him. Because Zen's ban will result in a loss of face, and if he comes back, he'll still have that with him. He'll have to apologize, act like he's truly sorry, and all that stuff. That might be even harder for him. And with this ban, maybe he'll learn something new. As the saying goes, you have to experience pain to know pain. I say we give him one more chance.
    Im glad im not the only one who wants him to come back but its up to the mods i guess... Anyway sorry for defending him but if it were up to me id give him another chance, itd keep another spinner in the world and act as a constant example that scamming will not be tollerated @Zkhan i know you want to keep him banned and thats fine i just hope you can consider this.. We dont want less spinners on the board..

37. Solaire
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 05:09:02

Heres what he said to me, i tear up when i read it though :( "Haha Solaire (Don't know if I can call you Noah,) It is fine. I admire you for standing up for me, but the ban has helped me, it really has. Pen Spinning has been a great trip, I started doing it with the encouragement of Court34 and my other friend. Please don't act so stiff! You guys are awesome, just don't make a stupid choice like I did. If you still want those piano lessons I can give you the entire video series I learned from, you shouldn't have to pay to learn from me. Thank You Noah the fact that you stood up for me and emailed me means the world to me. I hope you can achieve your dreams! I really wish you do! Keep in touch, okay? Truly Yours Sajarin (my real name)"

38. Voracity
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 07:18:35

Rules are meant to be enforced, if you don't, what are rules for then? If you break them you should be punished accordingly.

39. AfroSquared
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 08:41:16

Voracity wrote: Rules are meant to be enforced, if you don't, what are rules for then? If you break them you should be punished accordingly.
    true dat

40. Solaire
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 09:01:14

Voracity wrote: Rules are meant to be enforced, if you don't, what are rules for then? If you break them you should be punished accordingly.
    true true but i cant help but defend him.. @blahblahting what kind of mechanism was in that package??

41. Manman!
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 11:00:37

rip zen

42. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 11:53:58

Alright i guess its my turn. @Ceru Seiyu pm me zens email pls

43. Xzeria
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 13:05:30

@ShadowParadox It was in ceru's previous post blindo. :}

44. Vektor
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 16:09:47

He is sorry for this. No? Pen spinning is an art and he is an artist. And killing the artist inside someone is not too good a thing. No one will ever ban picaso if he made pictures of naked women. M.F. Hussein made naked pics and came in a huge controversy and people started hating him. But people gave him a second chance and he is called one of the greatest painters. I don't say scamming is right. I am saying killing an artist? I don't find anything good in it. We should give him one last chance. Maybe he'll behave better than anytime before.

45. AfroSquared
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 18:26:28

Spinner_Zap wrote: He is sorry for this. No? Pen spinning is an art and he is an artist. And killing the artist inside someone is not too good a thing. No one will ever ban picaso if he made pictures of naked women. M.F. Hussein made naked pics and came in a huge controversy and people started hating him. But people gave him a second chance and he is called one of the greatest painters. I don't say scamming is right. I am saying killing an artist? I don't find anything good in it. We should give him one last chance. Maybe he'll behave better than anytime before.
    Zen broke the rules. UPSB enforces those rules, and any rule breakers get punished. I miss Zen. We all do and I am upset that he got banned, but the moderators had to do what they had to do. They can't make special exceptions, especially after what Zen did. #We'll Miss You Zen Btw there are no rules in art (apart from no sexually depicting images of minors), if the people didn't like M. F Hussein's naked portraits, it doesn't mean it wasn't allowed in the art world and that he was banned from being an artist. It was just people's personal opinion that didn't make him very popular. Plus UPSB didn't kill an artist. Zen will always spin a pen. ONCE A PEN SPINNER, ALWAYS A PEN SPINNER However, if UPSB does give Zen a second chance (which i am hoping they will), all of us will be very happy. I am not saying he should stay banned, i am just defending the moderators, like i said before, they had to do what they had to do...

46. Reason
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 18:43:20

im not going to give you my view on the situation, i just want to make something clear. while there is no issue with anyone disagreeing with our actions, it will not change our decision. as zkhan said:

We will not entertain the notion that Zen should be unbanned under any circumstances.
    it is not a matter that the moderators will debate further.

47. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 19:19:52

UPSB is not a fair playground, it's owned by people who can enforce whatever they like. (AKA what you think of the rules means nothing) Ironically this was a huge criticism of HPSC and everyone thought we were pen spinning nazis

48. Solaire
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 20:23:36

AfroSquared wrote: Zen broke the rules. UPSB enforces those rules, and any rule breakers get punished. I miss Zen. We all do and I am upset that he got banned, but the moderators had to do what they had to do. They can't make special exceptions, especially after what Zen did. #We'll Miss You Zen Btw there are no rules in art (apart from no sexually depicting images of minors), if the people didn't like M. F Hussein's naked portraits, it doesn't mean it wasn't allowed in the art world and that he was banned from being an artist. It was just people's personal opinion that didn't make him very popular. Plus UPSB didn't kill an artist. Zen will always spin a pen. ONCE A PEN SPINNER, ALWAYS A PEN SPINNER However, if UPSB does give Zen a second chance (which i am hoping they will), all of us will be very happy. I am not saying he should stay banned, i am just defending the moderators, like i said before, they had to do what they had to do...
    Thats the thing @AfroSquared he is going to stop spinning.. a section of his response in reply to my email telling him not to stop spinning Haha Solaire (Don't know if I can call you Noah,) It is fine. I admire you for standing up for me, but the ban has helped me, it really has. Pen Spinning has been a great trip, I started doing it with the encouragement of Court34 and my other friend. Please don't act so stiff! You guys are awesome, just don't make a stupid choice like I did.

49. Monk
    Date: Thu, Aug 7 2014 20:36:16

bye zen

50. IMC Kor
    Date: Fri, Aug 8 2014 00:29:34

He deserves to be heavily punished. He made 2 other accounts to scam. He gave himself fake feedback. And kept on trying to scam me. His actions deserved punishment. however he was quiet nice and friendly to an extent, however it was during the time where he tried to scam me on his other accounts when i really started to talk to him. but i believe rules are rules and he deserved to be punished accordingly. Who know's who will be scammed next I don't want to be rude or mean but that's just how i feel :/

51. IMC Kor
    Date: Fri, Aug 8 2014 22:03:57

YOUSTEN wrote: the thing is he wanted to scam somebody, and even if not, he still made multi-accounts to get the miffys at a lower price. that is enough of a reason to ban him, if you want something u have to pay for it, and if its too much for you then just dont buy it, simple as that! keep him banned, dont need scammers in this forum.
    It is a reason to get him banned He kept on trying to make me send first He only said he would pay as a tactic

52. YOUSTEN
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 03:02:15

IMC Kor wrote: It is a reason to get him banned He kept on trying to make me send first He only said he would pay as a tactic
    yea i said he should be banned, dont you read LOL?

53. Soren
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 03:52:33

You were a great addition to UPSB Zen. Incredibly helpful and always eager to organise events. But sadly, everyone makes mistake and I guess greed took the better of you. But I am happy to see that you are now reflecting upon your actions and is sincerely sorry. For that, in my heart you are forgiven. We are only human right? Good luck and farewell. May we cross paths in the future.

54. blahblahting
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 18:46:49

Solaire wrote: true true but i cant help but defend him.. @blahblahting what kind of mechanism was in that package??
    not sure what you're talking about haha... My experience with Zen was that I asked him to send first, and then never got anything. I never sent, as a consequence, so no loss on my part. Of course, it's hard to prove whether he actually sent or not.

55. Court34
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 21:21:31

So... I'm back from my vacation, and i just read this thread. Let me just say this, i had no idea about the scams that were going on with him, but he was LITERALLY my best friend in real life. So , now that my greatest friend is banned forever, i'm really depressed, angry, and sad. All at the same time. It's really hard to read throught this thread and seeing everyone agreeing to keep him banned, but, i can't stop your opinions. I'm in a great slump because of this, so don't expect me to say much on the board for a while, since right now kinda visiting the site makes me feel weird. You guys can respond about my comment right now, but don't expect a quick reply. i'll literally be crying in my bedroom staring at the celling for a while. Peace off. -Court34

56. Gash
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 01:26:13

It's sad that no one would care to this degree if I got banned ;(

57. Monk
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 02:41:06

we basically lost 2 members LOL

58. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 04:12:52

such drama

59. Solaire
    Date: Sun, Aug 10 2014 04:41:29

I'd care @Court34 i didnt want to keep him banned btw But i do understand why he was banned :/

60. Court34
    Date: Mon, Aug 11 2014 20:19:48

I do too... It just hurts me how he could let something get so out of hand. It breaks me to see him go out like this, but rules must be respected. I'm still gonna talk to him in real life, just not about this. The Mods did the right thing, and if he can accept it, i can too. :)

61. Solaire
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 00:10:40

Court34 wrote: I do too... It just hurts me how he could let something get so out of hand. It breaks me to see him go out like this, but rules must be respected. I'm still gonna talk to him in real life, just not about this. The Mods did the right thing, and if he can accept it, i can too. :)
    Thats good ^_^ right way to think, it just upsets me that he's gonna stop spinning

62. Soren
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:35:34

Solaire wrote: Thats good ^_^ right way to think, it just upsets me that he's gonna stop spinning
    Where and when did Zen explicitly state that he will stop spinning because of a ban? If he did, why stop spinning because of a ban? Seems ridicculous.

63. Solaire
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:48:48

Soren wrote: Where and when did Zen explicitly state that he will stop spinning because of a ban? If he did, why stop spinning because of a ban? Seems ridicculous.
    in an email to me, he requested that i not post them though. Im going to respect that. Anyway i would probably stop spinning as much if i couldnt come here..

64. Monk
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:53:13

zen rip in piece 420 - 69

65. Yaiya
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:58:28

Rip in peace. Mist u wheel b.

66. Yaiya
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:59:46

Much drama. Much sad.

67. ShadowParadox
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 11:26:48

hes not gonna stop spinning, he told me @Soren

68. Monk
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 14:22:10

i cri evr tim

69. Solaire
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 18:17:47

ShadowParadox wrote: hes not gonna stop spinning, he told me @Soren
    Hmm Well besides weather he stops or not im sure he wont spin as much as he did when he wasn't banned..

70. Monk
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 20:44:47

the thread is going off topic. some mod *cough* @iColor *cough* should close the thread

71. Court34
    Date: Tue, Aug 12 2014 22:04:48

He told me in person that he;s gonna stop soo... Just saying.