UPSB v4

General Discussion / Do you get addicted to PS?

1. Hugo9191
    Date: Wed, Jul 30 2014 20:58:07

Hello, So, my father was watching me PS'ing but today he told me that in his work, he was working with a guy that got hold of a pen and during the whole meeting, he was PS'ing. Do you think that after a lot of time doing it you get like the "need" to do it, even if you're like working in an important deal/business?

2. Monk
    Date: Wed, Jul 30 2014 22:16:00

It's the same concept as drugs or video games. You get used to it and psychologically "need" it And yes, I get the same urge to do it.

3. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Jul 30 2014 22:37:28

it just gets implanted in your muscle memory and it happens automatically.

4. Dern Goid
    Date: Wed, Jul 30 2014 22:39:23

what hugo is talking about is not really addiction, after a while of penspinning, it becomes a compulsive thing but it isn't addiction

5. nv16
    Date: Wed, Jul 30 2014 23:06:29

yeah I definitely do it compulsively with literally everything I hold but I wouldn't really say it's an addiction

6. Zelphus
    Date: Thu, Jul 31 2014 06:04:37

Yes.Getting addicted is definitely and I just have the urge to spin a pen in my hand whenever i do something;even when I am doing my big business,as well as having lessons in class.^^

7. Xilo
    Date: Thu, Jul 31 2014 06:38:20

Yup.Pen Spinning is my drugs.

8. Solaire
    Date: Thu, Jul 31 2014 08:38:40

I feel like if you are a member of UPSB then you are most likely addicted to PSing ^_^ i mean how many of us could just say I'm done spinning and never do it again... I couldn't and I'm only 2 1/2 months in

9. AfroSquared
    Date: Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:59:25

Yeah i'm addicted. I spin with any thin cylindrical object that fits into my finger slots. I never look at a normal pen the same way again. i see it as more than a writing utensil.

10. Vektor
    Date: Fri, Aug 1 2014 03:28:14

Yes it can be pretty addictive. I just need to touch my mod once and then i can't stop. I keep doing it 4-5 hours on end. I haven't touched my mod today since morning or else i'll go uncontrolled.

11. Monk
    Date: Fri, Aug 1 2014 04:25:05

Spinner_Zap wrote: Yes it can be pretty addictive. I just need to touch my mod once and then i can't stop. I keep doing it 4-5 hours on end. I haven't touched my mod today since morning or else i'll go uncontrolled.
    I think you need to see a doctor

12. Hugo9191
    Date: Fri, Aug 1 2014 21:25:19

Monk wrote: I think you need to see a doctor
    x2. I like, do it in class, sure, and when I'm on my computer, unless I'm playing and/or using my hand, I'm penspinning. Hopefully this in the future isn't going to be a BIG problem.

13. Monk
    Date: Fri, Aug 1 2014 22:28:11

Hugo9191 wrote: x2. I like, do it in class, sure, and when I'm on my computer, unless I'm playing and/or using my hand, I'm penspinning. Hopefully this in the future isn't going to be a BIG problem.
    Try to decrease the time per session, or there might be a chance that it could lead to a bigger problem IMO

14. Hugo9191
    Date: Sat, Aug 2 2014 00:33:54

Monk wrote: Try to decrease the time per session, or there might be a chance that it could lead to a bigger problem IMO
    I'm not like Spinner Zap, I don't have sessions, I just use my mouse, write on keyboard, penspin. Never felt major hand problems (due to the pen, but some due to the mouse)

15. abandonctrl
    Date: Sat, Aug 2 2014 01:24:25

pretty much it started soft now its like crack .

16. FL@$ING_BU$TER
    Date: Sun, Aug 3 2014 16:23:07

yeah....i get addicted to pen spinning.... i always do spinning....even when i am in toilet, class, in streets, even when loading of games (though it only give few seconds :P), when studying, like everyplace.... [B]i m a newbie by the way.... i have been learning ps for about 110 days and able to learn 85 tricks[/B]....

17. Hugo9191
    Date: Sun, Aug 3 2014 17:53:35

FL@$ING_BU$TER wrote: yeah....i get addicted to pen spinning.... i always do spinning....even when i am in toilet, class, in streets, even when loading of games (though it only give few seconds :P), when studying, like everyplace.... [B]i m a newbie by the way.... i have been learning ps for about 110 days and able to learn 85 tricks[/B]....
    No wonder you can do that many tricks :)

18. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Sun, Aug 3 2014 18:16:19

When surfing the internet, I normally only use my mouse (with my right hand), so I'm usually doing thumbaround harmonics with my left hand. During school, I always carry my mod and spin it. I don't really think it's that addicting though, in terms of you can't put your pen down. When my teachers tell me to stop spinning, I can always put my pen down, but I also always have an urge to start spinning again. But the urge is always controllable.

19. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sun, Aug 3 2014 18:34:11

Addicted to psing and power tricks xD

20. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Aug 3 2014 18:48:59

It gets less interesting as time goes by. I got addicted to the rate that I pretended to spin the air when there was no pen around. Now it's more like a hidden skill. :/ #nomotivation

21. Lost Angelus
    Date: Sun, Aug 3 2014 19:47:13

I'm addicted to spinning and making mods. The only annoying thing is how people react when I say that I'm spinning pens. I usually get a response such as "That sounds fun" (they don't really think it's interesting). A lot of people don't recognize how complex and cool it is. Watching my dexterity and muscle memory develop so quickly is interesting by itself. Plus it's a hobby I can take anywhere I go.