UPSB v4

Off-topic / Skyrim... Overrated?

1. BeyondEminence
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 01:10:46

So i got skyrim yesterday. I know im late to the skyrim party lol but whatever. Anyways, i started playing and quickly realized that the combat system is very very slow paced and it is uninteresting. The character upgrade system is confusing. Im not hating on the game or the creators, just saying that i think it doesnt live up to the hype. So does anyone else feel this way too?

2. Court34
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 01:46:19

I kinda feel the same way. Even though i played for a good month, the pay off isn't well worth the work.

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 03:09:38

Try looking into the Skyrim modding scene if you're disappointed with the original game.

4. BeyondEminence
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 03:43:27

Nachoaddict wrote: Try looking into the Skyrim modding scene if you're disappointed with the original game.
    Uh Idk. I feel like I should at least like the game before I try modding it.

5. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 04:34:37

I just went to my local bar and got into the combat there instead. try picking some real fights instead of fantasy virgin bull shit.

6. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 06:25:53

but.......dragons!! I also launched a mammoth into space how can you not love this game?! combat might not have that much depth into it but you can adjust that with a mod ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/? there should be a good one in there) The ''slow paced'' combat is also kinda realistic, I mean try to swing an axe from left to right and you'll notice that it's not going fast either

7. Vedyl
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 14:03:09

Maybe try roleplaying as some personality, define the modus operandi of your character. It might be more intresting that way. Other than that as nacho said mods are great, i personally love the Intresting Npcs mod.

8. Enkronidus
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 14:21:30

It is probably the best game ever for me right now. Top 3, at least. PS. I installed like 200+ mods

9. Zen
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 15:32:27

Lol this game is good only for a month or two. Then it just gets repetitive and annoying. Bethesda is losing their touch. They were trying to implement the system from their shitty Fallout3 into Skyrim. If you want to play Bethesda's best works, play the old one. Morrowind is considered the best one in the series, and I agree, although cliffhangers may change your opinion.

10. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Jul 24 2014 18:07:01

I lost my save game because of corruption and I havent played it since. There's a lot to the game, which is nice, but the graphics and combat are glitchy.

11. Tentcell
    Date: Fri, Jul 25 2014 23:52:37

Oblivion is better in my opinion. Got Skyrim on release, played the game off and on for a year then never touched it. For whoever said Bethesda is losing their touch go fuck yourself, if you can't look at the bigger picture and agree that they're one of the best companies out their right now (ie, not rushing games to get them out on market (fallout 4)). They actually care about what they're doing.

12. BeyondEminence
    Date: Sat, Jul 26 2014 01:31:32

Xienix wrote: but.......dragons!! I also launched a mammoth into space how can you not love this game?! combat might not have that much depth into it but you can adjust that with a mod ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/? there should be a good one in there) The ''slow paced'' combat is also kinda realistic, I mean try to swing an axe from left to right and you'll notice that it's not going fast either
    Yeah i definitely appreciate that they tried to make the combat more realistic but if i swing a giant sword at someone, they shouldnt be able to attack me back right away. there should be some reaction to the ai. they definitely missed the target in that aspect.