UPSB v4

General Discussion / Can You Spin Properly in The Morning?

1. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Mon, Jul 14 2014 19:55:01

I'm just curious as to how everyone finds this, because personally when I try to spin in the morning during class or something, I can barely do Fingerpass and Sonics. xD Is the hand just naturally stiff when you wake up or something? >.> How do you all feel about morning spinning?

2. Reason
    Date: Mon, Jul 14 2014 20:33:45

im actually pretty familiar with this problem. for most of my life, i would wake up and do a test by making a fist and seeing how tightly i could clench it. quite often (if i still felt rather exhausted or drowsy) i would not be able to clench my fist very tight at all. kinda random but it was a good way to gauge how awake my body was. when i got into pen spinning i used to never spin in the morning because i couldnt seem to control the pen very well. i couldnt extend my fingers much and it just felt sloppy. eventually i started practicing every morning while waiting for the school bus to arrive, while riding the bus, and in homeroom. it would give me a good 45 minutes to warm up my hands every day. after a while it just became normal to spin in the morning and that awkward stiff period with my hands never lasted long... since then i havent been spinning in the morning though so the problem is still pretty prominent, but its better than before i started spinning.

3. Dern Goid
    Date: Mon, Jul 14 2014 20:54:21

Yeah, I have the same thing. Normally I just spin later on when I've used my fingers more and they're warmed up and ready to go :P Also sometimes in the morning my hands are a bit slippery, which makes it hard to spin, specially rsvp mods and mods with more slippery barrels.

4. Monk
    Date: Tue, Jul 15 2014 01:39:31

It happens to everywhere in your body, Your hands, arms, legs, etc. need to warm-up in the morning.

5. wataspin
    Date: Tue, Jul 15 2014 03:09:02

same as you, stiff hands

6. ShadowParadox
    Date: Tue, Jul 15 2014 06:55:31

Nope

7. Solaire
    Date: Tue, Jul 15 2014 20:12:43

sometimes my fingers feel like numb or like a jelly feeling or cold or stiff and it bothers me

8. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Jul 15 2014 21:27:28

no, I am always too hung over in the morning

9. Manman!
    Date: Wed, Jul 16 2014 11:16:28

I can relate this problem too, like basically if I can't do 3 mid baks in the morning then I do fingerpasses and then stretch my hand then do mid baks again.

10. Yan1703
    Date: Fri, Aug 29 2014 08:38:00

It's okay for me, just need to crack my knuckles a little to stretch. IDK I'm still a noob.

11. Xilo
    Date: Sat, Aug 30 2014 11:36:03

It depends for me but usually i can't spin in the morning because i wake up like i am drunk.

12. HunterX
    Date: Sat, Aug 30 2014 12:56:41

Nope. But as I go to school in the morning, I can spin well at about 8 every morning after I do lots of writing :)

13. Monk
    Date: Sun, Aug 31 2014 15:18:22

Osu! helps me warm up for pen spinning, and vice-versa.