UPSB v4

General Discussion / Too Much Friction While Spinning Sometimes?

1. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Mon, Jul 7 2014 23:47:15

Please allow me a second or two to clarify... I don't mean choppy as in the moves are unsmooth due to practice. I literally mean unsmooth like there's too much friction and the pen feels very heavy and uncomfortable, and I can't figure out why. Sometimes when I'm spinning the pen feels like butter and light as air, and other times I want to not bother because it kind of hurts. >.> Does the pen itself need to be warmish to spin properly, or perhaps is it the hands? I certainly can't be the only one... :P That being said, would any like to offer some insight? ^^

2. Gash
    Date: Tue, Jul 8 2014 00:14:22

Try lube. Lulz, I used to have this problem especially with my palmspins. Found there was way too much friction, preventing me from doing higher number of revolutions. In your case, maybe you're spinning too much, or your pen isn't right for you? If you really want, go run your hands in warm water before your spin.

3. Monk
    Date: Tue, Jul 8 2014 00:39:35

Seems to me that you're hands need a break, or it's too dry. Either way, the problem doesn't seem serious to the point that you can't fix it yourself.

4. Reason
    Date: Tue, Jul 8 2014 01:12:44

well i always use hand moisturizer for spinning. it really helps to get the right amount of grip when spinning. besides that, i suggest experimenting with different pens, especially different barrels. the barrel texture could have an effect on your spinning.

5. Dern Goid
    Date: Tue, Jul 8 2014 02:57:12

yeah, I've had this before. For me there are certain days where I can't spin and other in which I can. Try moisturizer, I personally don't like lotions so I've never really tried it, but give it a shot, it might work. Well, good luck! :)

6. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Tue, Jul 8 2014 04:30:27

Gash pls ;_; Thanks for the replies guys. I've been spinning a modified Comssa Metallic for a long while now, so maybe I'll give the Waterfall a shot for a few days and see if it improves. Will also try the moisturizer tip. If worst comes to worst, I'll give my poor hands a break for a few days. Thanks Dern Goid. ^^ Edit: My biggest hunch right now is that the friction is due to how scratched up my barrel is. I never noticed until now, but all my other pens that spin smoothly are nowhere near as busted as that barrel. Now the question I guess would be... can one smooth out a barrel again?

7. Monk
    Date: Wed, Jul 9 2014 22:06:24

AnAsianBrony wrote: Edit: My biggest hunch right now is that the friction is due to how scratched up my barrel is. I never noticed until now, but all my other pens that spin smoothly are nowhere near as busted as that barrel. Now the question I guess would be... can one smooth out a barrel again?
    New barrels cause more friction than worn-out ones.

8. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Jul 9 2014 22:42:02

http://www.astroglide.com/home.aspx 1 drop is all it takes