UPSB v4

Off-topic / To right a wrong.

1. neXus
    Date: Sat, Jun 28 2014 21:52:44

To whom it may concern: I am here to clear someone's name of a bad reputation that I may have caused by telling this story to people in the shoutbox. A few years ago, through this forum, I was what I would consider good acquaintances with user and moderator strat1227. He was a person I liked and trusted so when he approached me about lending him some money I didn't hesitate to agree. He said he'll pay me back very soon and everything was well in the world. Shortly after this occured online activity and contact with strat gradually became less and less which at the time I didn't think much of. I contacted him when I was in need of money because someone in my family had lost their job and money was tight. He told me that he had used my money to buy a plane ticket to Colorado and that he'd pay me back soon. After this contact broke off for almost exactly 1 year. I was bitter for the longest time and not for the money, it for was for the fact that it seemed like a person (albeit being from the internet and living on the other side of the planet) that I trusted because I knew that person for years (sheeit we experienced UCPSB, the golden days together) had ripped me off for an unsubstantial amount of money. Today I am happy to say that strat contacted me, explained his situation to me, paid me back more than two fold and there is no bad blood between us. I am extremely glad that this happened because I never wanted to believe strat was the kind of person to do this and as is now proven, he is not. And even though strat is a decent guy I believe this should still be a cautionary tale to everyone because there are a lot of bad people on the internet and you have to be extremely cautious with who you trust. Thank you for reading this neXus P.S.: I'm not back. I just believe this is the right thing to do. If you truly do feel the need to contact me for a real reason my Skype is 'nexusnexusnexusnexusnexusnexusss'.

2. Soren
    Date: Sat, Jun 28 2014 21:58:28

good guy strat

3. Zen
    Date: Sat, Jun 28 2014 21:58:30

Hmm nice guy. Righting a wrong. I remember you talking about this on the shoutbox. Nice to know that he paid it back, and he paid more to make it up. Not everyone on the internet is a bad guy. But not everyone is a good one either. @strat1227

4. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Jun 28 2014 22:01:12

This is comforting information. I'm happy things turned out well for you. I'm also relieved that strat didn't turn out to be a thief. I found it difficult to believe a UPSB staffer would do something like that as well. @strat1227 is still cool in my book. I hope everyone learns from neXus' experience and that everyone be wary of dealings that occur over the internet.

5. strat1227
    Date: Sat, Jun 28 2014 22:32:01

This is all accurate, when I got to Colorado I bummed around for a long time, now I have my own place and a great job so I saved up $500 to give nexus, I feel like I still owe him. Also not back for good, just wanted to confirm and tell nexus thanks one more time. He got me to where I am now

6. Soren
    Date: Sat, Jun 28 2014 23:59:04

strat1227 wrote: This is all accurate, when I got to Colorado I bummed around for a long time, now I have my own place and a great job so I saved up $500 to give nexus, I feel like I still owe him. Also not back for good, just wanted to confirm and tell nexus thanks one more time. He got me to where I am now
    I'm glad that everything worked out for you and that you decided to return the money. Hope all is well.

7. Timbo
    Date: Tue, Jul 1 2014 15:33:50

It sounds like it wasn't right of strat to keep you in the dark for so long. Everyone makes mistakes though and it's refreshing to see a situation where things are sorted out before they get out of hand.

8. Frip
    Date: Thu, Jul 17 2014 18:20:04

strat1227 wrote: This is all accurate, when I got to Colorado I bummed around for a long time, now I have my own place and a great job so I saved up $500 to give nexus, I feel like I still owe him. Also not back for good, just wanted to confirm and tell nexus thanks one more time. He got me to where I am now
    you live in colorado?!

9. Surge
    Date: Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:46:59

UCPSB, I shed tears for thee. A land where all were free as birch trees rustling in the Autumn breeze. Now the winter of UPSB. A darkness out of which poorly done plastic surgery, Fake tits on the chest of a beautiful woman, Large and awkward, bungled, mar: A thin line of wax on the canvas of a master, Remains.