UPSB v4

General Discussion / What ability should you be at at 6 months of pen spinning

1. AfroSquared
    Date: Sun, Jun 15 2014 15:11:37

sup. I have been spinning for 6 months now and i know plenty of tricks. All ranging in difficulty and i am learning how to a double bust now. I know a couple of combos and have a good knowledge of ps annotations and mods. the only thing i am having trouble with is developing my style and making my combos link more smoothly. Do you have any tips on making combos look smoother and developing style???????? Also do you think this is where i should be 6 months in pen spinning????

2. Dern Goid
    Date: Sun, Jun 15 2014 19:04:28

well, everybody progresses at their own speed, so don't be discouraged if you see another 6 month spinner spin better that you. About getting smooth linkages, what I did, was get a small combo. Then break it up into 2 tricks at a time, for example if the combo is sonic 23-12>pass 12-23>pass23-12> bak. I would break it down to Sonic>pass, and practiced that over and over and over until I was satisfied with the results and I felt it was pretty smooth, and after that do it with all the other tricks. As far as style, don't worry about that, just keep spinning and practicing, your style will develop as you spin (it shouldn't be a conscious effort) Soo yeah, just practice and keep spinning :) Have fun :D

3. AfroSquared
    Date: Mon, Jun 16 2014 15:41:53

Thanks a bunch! this really helps

4. ShadowParadox
    Date: Mon, Jun 16 2014 17:40:52

No offence but this threqd is pointless. Everyone progresses at different rates. Not everyoje can be a 1 year wonder like sutomo. And it doesn't even matter. Like I always say age isbjust a number. Just spin it doesnt matter about what level u should be at different stages

5. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Jun 17 2014 03:33:38

You should have all the fundamentals down by then. Work on their reverses (especially charge reverse). Be sure that the tricks aren't done in the same slots too (e.g. sonic 34-23, sonic 23-12, charge 12, charge 23, charge 34). If you feel that your fundamentals and reverses are "solid" on every slot, go to hybrid tricks such as twisted sonic (REMEMBER TO CHANGE THE SLOTS). The reason for the different slots is to improve your finger dexterity which may help in learning harder tricks. Other recommendations: neo sonic > tf charge rev > fl ta rev, bakarounds and their reverses, arounds on all fingers and their reverses, ext ta, bak > fl ta rev (essentially ext ta reverse), shadows. I hope this isn't too much for you to handle. xD Just go at it one trick/link at a time.

6. Shiftyei
    Date: Tue, Jun 17 2014 04:33:46

@ShadowParadox I think it's a valid post. He's just wondering how he is compared to others at his penspinning age

7. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Jun 17 2014 04:44:32

@Shiftyei Then he should've posted here? http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=27&page=113 I'm sure the topics are similar.

8. Enkronidus
    Date: Tue, Jun 17 2014 12:05:27

Fuck the time spent man. That has nothing to do with anything If you know exactly what you are weak at and how to improve it, then you can progress at faster rate. How about you give an example of your spinning, so then I can help?

9. Vedyl
    Date: Tue, Jun 17 2014 12:39:05

ShadowParadox wrote: Like I always say age isbjust a number.
    SpoilerWhy dont you have a seat over there?