UPSB v4

Off-topic / Fantasy LCS

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, May 25 2014 04:40:41

Anyone else playing? We could try setting up a UPSB league. Only regret I have for week 1 is having Soaz top lane. Luckily my opponent had Darien so I still won out but Soaz was about 3rd or 4th pick for me and only got half the expected number of points. I'm expecting him to just be having a bad week but will be taking him out for a week and sticking in Wickd instead. Surprisingly, Supa Hot Crew members rake in a LOT of points despite breaking even week 1. They're fantastic value picks. Also very surprised by the performance of MIL after they only changed out their jungler. I feel like they are performing well but a lot of the powerhouse teams are simply performing worse (Fnatic, Gambit without Alex Ich, Roccat, etc.). Not really surprised by Complexity's lack of performance. It's nice to see that Zionspartan and Shiptur are doing well on Dignitas. They're individually talented but were stifled by their team last split. I expected LMQ to do well but did not think they would beat CLG though CLG doesn't seem to be at their maximum power level after switching out Nien for Seraph. I feel like they'll get better as they grow as a team and get more used to playing with Seraph. Any predictions for week 2? I'm hoping Soaz makes a come back week 3.

2. Voracity
    Date: Sun, May 25 2014 06:59:29

Dignitas seem pretty damn strong at the moment, beating Cloud9. I think CLG players are doing a fantastic job right now, pity that I don't have Fantasy LCS in my region now :/

3. [TGN]
    Date: Sun, May 25 2014 07:20:28

sheesh for a moment i thought i was in the league reddit

4. Manman!
    Date: Sun, May 25 2014 10:47:52

LMQ Killing american teams though.

5. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, May 25 2014 17:03:08

is this about LoL?

6. mintypaladin
    Date: Mon, May 26 2014 01:37:36

Nice to see Nachoaddict back just to do a UPSB Fantasy LCS

7. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, May 26 2014 04:17:35

@Voracity it's strange because they lost to Curse today, a matchup I'd expect them to win (though I haven't seen the game yet). I feel like Dig's got all the tools it needs to be top of the leaderboards but sometimes they just raise their dongers and lose. But again idk how well Curse played so it's all speculation. C9 losing to Complexity is probably the biggest upset this week. I expected everyone to dominate Complexity but I guess Hai just hasn't had enough practice after the collapsed lung to shotcall C9 effectively? Maybe some other problem?

8. Voracity
    Date: Mon, May 26 2014 06:19:38

@Nachoaddict Just watched Curse vs Dignitas. Dig made terrible calls like the one where it cost EG the lost against CLG. And Xiaoweixiao is too damn good on Le Blanc.

9. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, May 26 2014 07:19:25

@Voracity XiaoWeiXiao definitely looks like a huge contender to NA midlane.

10. Soren
    Date: Mon, May 26 2014 14:07:29

Haven't been bothered to check this out. Is it fun?

11. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, May 26 2014 16:55:40

@Supergirl I'd suggest joining a league with people you know or else people might just drop out after the draft. It actually makes watching LCS a lot more exciting in my opinion and you end up cheering for a wider range of teams (unless you concentrated all your fantasy players from a single team).

12. Soren
    Date: Mon, May 26 2014 16:58:36

Nachoaddict wrote: @Supergirl I'd suggest joining a league with people you know or else people might just drop out after the draft. It actually makes watching LCS a lot more exciting in my opinion and you end up cheering for a wider range of teams (unless you concentrated all your fantasy players from a single team).
    Too bad my friends didn't bother asking me if I wanted to join their one.

13. Zombo
    Date: Tue, May 27 2014 05:45:43

i started a league but my friends didnt join in time lol

14. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, May 31 2014 16:34:29

MIL as a team didn't end up coming out big this week though they did have a semi-tough week T_T Alliance still looking strong but first game didn't rake in too many points as they won pretty quickly.