UPSB v4

General Discussion / Penspinning at adult age ?

1. h2o
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 02:30:40

I was wondering, as a penspinner, we can say that we spin from our childhood, adolescence. This passion is, and will remain with us throughout our lives. At 30,40,50 years old... What will we look like ? I mean, how do you think life would be (your life) after penspinning? For example: You now have 35 years old, you get a pen, first reflexes, would spin it or you will do nothing? (Personally, I think Im going to spin with it ) Will you show the art of penspinning to your childrens? How will you live your life of retired penspinner ?

2. Tigres
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 03:10:52

you turn to a teacher like him [video=youtube;U-tkAHhmiNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-tkAHhmiNU[/video]

3. Zen
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 03:20:05

:facepalm: sigh the guy in the video doing the demonstration (one with the white gloves)was doing the rotation of the Thumbaround incorrectly. I also like how there were slowmos for the combo

4. fang
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 08:48:37

I see myself spinning with every pen I get my hands on without realizing I am doing this. (already a problem lol) With most of the confusion of people around me.

5. Yamaguchi
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 10:07:04

Zen wrote: :facepalm: sigh the guy in the video doing the demonstration (one with the white gloves)was doing the rotation of the Thumbaround incorrectly. I also like how there were slowmos for the combo
    dude. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: do you know that guy? -_-

6. Nashi
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 11:03:13

@Yamaguchi The dude with the white gloves isn't hideaki though. :P

7. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 12:11:59

Well, I'm turning 20 in a couple days and I still spin from time to time. It was a big part of my childhood I don't see why I wouldn't continue it in some form or fashion. I still spin compulsively when I am anxious, simple sonics and TA's nothing fancy. Since I already consider myself retired I don't see how this will change much. :). I started when I was 13 and it's hard not to think that I will be spinning pens until the day I die. Of course, I would love it if my kids showed interest in pen spinning, I think it's a great hobby and helps build hand eye coordination + teaches you work ethic and a sense of achievement.

8. Yamaguchi
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 13:24:41

shoeman6 wrote: Well, I'm turning 20 in a couple days
    wat, i tot you're already 34sh something o_o we're the same age

9. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 15:39:20

Already turned 20 and I'm still spinning. Nashi, Eriror, Leftfinger, Yaemgo, some LPSA guys, Zuppa, Daene are all similar age to mine (either same age or older) and I think most of them won't stop spinning anytime soon. Maybe not as active as before, but probably still spin.

10. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 16:55:14

It's a good hobby. It doesn't look embarrassing in public if you know how to work it. #$w@gps4life

11. Soren
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 20:49:11

I have no idea what this thread is about. Yes, I will continue spinning till the day I die.

12. mintypaladin
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 21:38:44

Personally I think I'll keep spinning for the rest of my life. During my hiatus, I would spin an unsharpened pencil or unmodded rsvp whenever I had the chance, so I think it's safe to say that, unless you're David Weiss and you injure your hand, that you'll be spinning for the rest of your life.

13. Yamaguchi
    Date: Wed, May 21 2014 22:48:30

Supergirl wrote: I have no idea what this thread is about. Yes, I will continue spinning till the day I die.
    lie like nexus

14. wotu1
    Date: Sat, May 24 2014 07:54:05

For most of us, penspinning has become an impulsive thing that we do whenever a pen-like object is in our hands. After years and years of muscle memory and subconsciously spinning, i really REALLY doubt we'll ever just stop and forget spinning. Of course we'll spin less, but still, penspinning is like riding a bike - once you learn it you can never really forget. So yeah, 90% sure that we'll all be spinning into our adult lives

15. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, May 24 2014 14:46:50

Yamaguchi wrote: wat, i tot you're already 34sh something o_o we're the same age
    this

16. Solar
    Date: Sun, May 25 2014 06:40:39

I remember the old guy (50+) from member introduction -_-