UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) DTDC Mod Tutorial.

1. Froggy
    Date: Sun, May 11 2014 11:27:31

=========================== [B]Stats:[/B] =========================== DTDC Mod (DuoTip Double Capped Mod) COG: COP Length: 18.1cm Weight: ~15g Style: Double-Sided Writing-Mechanism: n/a Ink-Type: n/a Estimated-Cost: ~$13.0 (please do correct me if incorrect) Why you should mod this: Be surprised with the combination of thick barrel, short barrel length, and fat gripping. This mod probably spins better for smaller hands, but do give it a try. =========================== [B]Materials List:[/B] =========================== [B]1x Faber-Castell DuoTip Washable Markers[/B] - Barrel - Backplug - 2x Cap [B]2x RSVP Retractable[/B] - 2x Grip [B]1x Anyball/Profile[/B] - Grip (note: I used 2 Anyball/Profile grips for identical pieces on both caps, but it's not needed) [B]2x Zebra Z-Grip[/B] - 2x Grip [B]1x Zhigao V7 Spinning Pen[/B] - 2x Metal Ball [B]4x O-ring[/B] - 2x Black - 2x White [tip]The material list above is for the mod that I made. If you prefer to wiper with other grips, feel free to replace RSVP Retractable grips for it.[/tip] [spoiler="Pic of all materials"] [/spoiler] =========================== [B]Tools List:[/B] =========================== X-Acto Knife Pliers =========================== [B]Tutorial:[/B] =========================== [spoiler="Text Tutorial"]1) Prepare the 4x Anyball/Profile grip rings by cutting the two Anyball/Profile grips. 2) Pre-stretch the RSVP Retractable grips slightly so you can apply it over the Z-grips easier. [B]Note: [/B]You don't have to over-stretch it now, its just to make it softer and more flexible. 3) Clean the barrel with nail polisher, and remove the inktubes inside. 4) Re-insert the backplug into the barrel. 5) Stretch the Z-grips over the DuoTip caps. You want the whole grip to not only cover the whole cap, but stretched slightly over the cap lip. [B]Note: [/B]I find it easier to complete this step with the caps on the barrel. 6) Place the o-rings on the barrels and double-cap the barrel. 7) Stretch the RSVP Retractable grips over the Z-grips. 8) For each cap, place one of the Anyball/Profile rings over the Z-grip, just underneath the RSVP Retractable grip, and place another Anyball/Profile rings under the RSVP Retractable grip. Insert the metal ball afterwards. [B]Note: [/B]If the metal ball falls out, you need a thicker piece of Anyball/Profile grip ring. [/spoiler] =========================== [B]Q&A:[/B] =========================== Q) Subs for RSVP Retractable grips? A) Any grips you prefer, just adjust the length when needed. My grips (when stretched over Z-grips) are 2.3cm long. Q) Subs for metal balls? A) Signo tips. Q) Why does the mod looks so worn out? A) Because I'm reusing parts from leftovers. =========================== =========================== Frog~ p.s. Thx @L-in for the grips sponsors. ^^

2. L-in
    Date: Sun, May 11 2014 13:45:31

Da Zhigao Ripoff lmao A cool silent mod, like it~

3. Froggy
    Date: Sun, May 11 2014 13:48:19

everyone knows froggy brand > zhigao :D huehuehue Frog~

4. SiL
    Date: Sun, May 11 2014 13:58:32

Only reason to buy a zhigao

5. Soren
    Date: Sun, May 11 2014 13:59:51

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

6. jaredftw
    Date: Sun, May 11 2014 14:04:36

at least the zhigao v7 finally has some use.

7. Ignator
    Date: Sun, May 11 2014 14:43:53

( ಠ ͜ʖ ಠ)

8. browndog12
    Date: Mon, May 12 2014 01:03:55

please don't change the name

9. Vort3x
    Date: Mon, May 12 2014 07:20:13

nice mod froggy

10. Zonda
    Date: Tue, May 13 2014 20:07:34

Nice mod. A bit short for my likes :afro: