UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Mods that look and write like normal pens

1. MPC
    Date: Sat, May 3 2014 09:11:06

Apologies if there is already a thread for this: What are the best mods for use as an actual pen, that you could write with without having to remove one cap of a DC (making it totally unbalanced)? I have an RSVP with a cap on one end and a fairly heavy gel grip on the other (over top of the normal grip) - it's balanced…ish and looks like a normal pen. Any other suggestions? mpc

2. Froggy
    Date: Sat, May 3 2014 09:56:11

pretty much all SC retr mods.. Frog~

3. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, May 3 2014 10:36:37

Msxa is beast!

4. MPC
    Date: Sat, May 3 2014 15:29:00

@ShadowParadox what is an Msxa? What's beastly about it? :)

5. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, May 3 2014 15:32:43

mpc2014 wrote: @ShadowParadox what is an Msxa? What's beastly about it? :)
    Its basically a longer rsvp mx that is great to spin, is sc and u can write with it. Great mod u should make it if you like writables

6. Froggy
    Date: Sat, May 3 2014 15:50:18

retractable. Frog~

7. Zen
    Date: Sat, May 3 2014 16:00:50

mpc2014 wrote: @ShadowParadox what is an Msxa? What's beastly about it? :)
    SC stands for Single Capped. Retr. is an abbreviation of "Retractable" meaning that the inktube can retract at will. For example a g2 is retractable because the inktube goes out when you press the clicker. MSXA (not Mxsa) stands for MX extended, i believe. (correct me if i am wrong) It is an Mx but it has a comssa cap over the front part to make it longer and more easier to spin as the weight is distributed more evenly. Here is the Tutorial http://www.upsb.info/wiki/index.php?title=MSXA

8. linli07
    Date: Tue, May 6 2014 23:34:11

i would say an rsvp mx looks like a normal pen except it doesn't write like a normal pen

9. Zen
    Date: Tue, May 6 2014 23:41:25

Well a normal pen would be something single sided or Single capped. RSVP MX is a good example. However there is a boundary. Things like the Seven G3 mod do not look like they are a normal pen. TEK made a retractable version of the RSVP MX so did Guitrum (his tutorial is revealed) The line between what is a pen and what is a pen mod is not definite and sometimes blurred which is not beneficial to pen spinning. It is a wall we have to break.

10. sarugio
    Date: Wed, Jul 30 2014 08:36:18

GJH, HGS^3, Guitrum Retractable MX,SRMX(easiest RT mod ever,seriously if you one a RT mod but don't know how to make one. make this), Tek's MPMX, dori's MPMX, Modrod evo by LNT_Phat looks like a normal pen too. G2 CTE evo looks like a normal pen too but if you want it to look as natural as possible and still good to spin don't cut the clip on the cap. cutting the clip makes it looks unique to other people. if you remove it people will realized it's diffrent and it won't look natural to them