UPSB v4

Member Introductions / hey guys late intro 2 years late:-)

1. abandonctrl
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 06:31:09

Hey guys and gals, So about 1-2 years ago I was sucked Into a fascination with pen spinning when I saw mybuddy riince do it over a Skype call. This led to me watching tons of videos and reading a lot about the art. The funny thing was when I singed up I had the intention to learn but instead after 1 week I took my pen stuck it in a drawer and gave up. Last week an old buddy passed me on 8 of his pens before he moved out of state. I want to actauly take it serious this time like I did when I learned how to spin poi. Enough with the story my name is Michael I'm from Hollister California. Im a college student and I'm currently working at the home depot :-) Just felt like after 2 years wishing I could spin its about time I pick up that MX and get to it :-)

2. Vektor
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 07:32:34

Welcome man! Hope you enjoy your stay at UPSB just as we do and learn new things and become great spinner. Anyways, I am S_Z as you can see and feel free to ask me if you have any problem. It would be my pleasure to be of any help.

3. fang
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 09:33:26

Welcome on the board, feel free to ask questions! ;)

4. Xzeria
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 11:06:25

Potato, welcome. Or rather congratulations on starting to spin more.

5. jaredftw
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 12:52:25

Hey guy, welcome! Have fun spinning

6. Zen
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 19:07:53

Hey welcome to the board! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at any time about anything. I have a question for you though, what tricks do you know right now?

7. abandonctrl
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 20:59:58

since 2012 not alot got the charge down and TA and sonic thats about all I did before I threw the pen in the drawer and picked my poi back up. ATM im trying to relearn those 3 and ill probably try to do what I did with poi and try and push for a tick a week. Basically 4 tricks a month and at the end of month try them in a combo and just keep moving on and working on things i need to perfect or get a better grasp at. As of now my charge looks like a hot dog falling out of a bun 2 years of not doing it messed me up kinda wish i never stopped and would of just kept going with it.

8. Zen
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 21:31:27

Hmm, it's pretty bad for someone who started 2 years ago but then again, you weren't spinning for 2 years. In any case, it is a good start. Your fingers have not forgotten the motion of the pen, pretty soon they will remember. Another question if you don't mind, What mods do you have?

9. Junjiy
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 21:43:23

Hey, welcome to the board!

10. abandonctrl
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 23:15:28

2 rvsp MX ,camosa, bictory with an without grips, metallic camosa with tips, mxsa, waterfall, bonkura KT, buster noob, minwoo, and 2 more I can't seem to find. Ahh Vic got game mod a buddy gave me as well ATM using a bakura RSVP mx

11. abandonctrl
    Date: Tue, Apr 29 2014 23:20:57

I basicly gona say I started yesterday so that way from last night on I can track my noon progress threw the tricks. It will be 1 - 2 weeks before I feel I'll get the fundamentals down again like I said my pen skills are a hot mess. Basicly from 2 years to today would be day 9 of spinning 2 years ago just marked the day I joined the site and gave up lol.

12. LighT*
    Date: Wed, Apr 30 2014 01:00:00

abandonctrl wrote: Hey guys and gals, So about 1-2 years ago I was sucked Into a fascination with pen spinning when I saw mybuddy riince do it over a Skype call. This led to me watching tons of videos and reading a lot about the art. The funny thing was when I singed up I had the intention to learn but instead after 1 week I took my pen stuck it in a drawer and gave up. Last week an old buddy passed me on 8 of his pens before he moved out of state. I want to actauly take it serious this time like I did when I learned how to spin poi. Enough with the story my name is Michael I'm from Hollister California. Im a college student and I'm currently working at the home depot :-) Just felt like after 2 years wishing I could spin its about time I pick up that MX and get to it :-)
    LOL well dang man glad you finally picked it up! LighT* here, WELCOME TO UPSB! If you have any questions about anything at anytime please ask me and ill get back to ya asap! I hope you enjoy spinning and UPSB just as much as we do :D!

13. abandonctrl
    Date: Wed, Apr 30 2014 01:01:45

I love it and thanks glad to be here :-)

14. abandonctrl
    Date: Wed, Apr 30 2014 03:02:40

So I been spining for a few hours so far today I got the normal charge down with my pointed and middle finger semi down with 4 in a row continuous as well as reverse charge now I'm working on getting the mussel memory down for the middle and ring finer for normal and revers then off to thumb around normal and reverse hahah gona take some weeks to get my hand use to it.

15. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Apr 30 2014 18:41:38

Hello, and welcome back to UPSB. :welcome: