UPSB v4

Forum Games / Mafia Game 2014 Post Game Discussion

1. Zen
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 17:18:52

Game One is Over! MAFIA WIN @Solid Townie Post here for After game discussion/comments/critiques. Don't forget to post here to join the next game. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=16733

2. Court34
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 17:34:20

I told all of you But you never listen,

3. fang
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 17:34:48

Sorry to break it to you @jet but your guts where right.

4. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 17:50:59

Lol I told you guys, why didnt you guys just lynch the guy who admitted he was mafia?

5. jet
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 17:53:55

Yeah @fang I knew you were Mafia from day one. I was the townie role cop. The very first night I investigated fang, and he was mafia. I was trying to push for a lynch for fang without getting accused of being mafia but we went towards Shadowparadox :/ Then the second night I investigated Solid, and he was townie. Late game, there was me, Supergirl, fang, Solid, Court34, and Tentcell. I already knew fang was mafia and that Solid was townie. Supergirl had been open to lynching fang, so I knew he wasn't Mafia...So I had it down between Court34 and Tentcell D:

6. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 17:56:08

wait... so how did mafia win again? day 1 no lynch, 9 players left night 1 xzeria, 8 players left day 2 shadow, 7 players left night 2 shoeman, 6 players left day 3 court, 5 players left night 3 xxxxxx, 4 players left townie could still win with majority vote :/ Frog~ edit: ok nvm, i guess mafias could just stall it lol xD

7. Zen
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 17:59:10

I told all of you But you never listen,
    To be honest, you really did not do anything. You barely spoke and you never voted, and as a townie this is exactly what you [B]don't[/B] want to do. You didn't tell anyone anything really. Good Job nonetheless, everyone! good game. The townie's first mistake was to not lynch the first day. You always want to lynch the first day, or get rid of suspicions. That was a mistake. @jet you were allowed to state your role (but no the pm i gave you). If you did then i think people would have believed you. The mafia were not as cunning but they were experienced, at least Tentcell. In my opinion the Townie could have been much better if they did not attack each other. Self Critique: I think my hosting was shoddy. I mean i did the job but things could have been better. For example a lot of you wanted updates and i failed to give, also i made too many mistakes. In my defense, i had just gotten my computer back, after a year or so, (ironically my computer died on April 1st 2013) So i was posting using my tablet and that isn't an easy thing to do. Another thing, i think i was too lenient on the times. I gave you guys additional hours when time was up. Anyway i am sorry if my hosting was mediocre at best, i wanted to establish another game and since no one was willing at the time, i stepped up. For the next game, i will host only if people want me too. Thanks for the Great game guys, i had fun hosting it!

8. jet
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 18:00:54

me or shoeman lol

9. fang
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 18:12:14

I wonder @Zen . Was @jet allowed to bring my name out in public when he was killed. Just by saying: Hey, I am a town cop, at the first night I investigated fang and he turned out to be a mafia. If so, then I must be happy to say I didn't killed him the moment I could. @Tentcell, thanks a lot for manipulating the rest so I wouldn't get killed last day.

10. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 18:14:32

@fang im pretty sure he is allowed to do that, whether people trust him or not is another thing thou Frog~

11. Zen
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 18:16:24

No he wouldn't be able to say he investigated you and you are a mafia, when he died, but he could say something like, "I have a strong feeling fang is the mafia" and then when his role was revealed, this would be left up to interpretation. The townie would have to decide on what to do with this information. In some games death rants are not allowed, but i allowed them just for the hell of it, :D

12. Soren
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 18:32:12

Damn you fang And I had sort of thought that Tentcell was mafia. He wasn't really that active, and when he was he would only post around once a day or something. Plus he never really did anything other than go along with my votes.

13. jet
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 19:11:26

damn haha well played guys

14. Tentcell
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 19:14:16

Eat up boys it's shark week And court you didn't do shit, you just did whatever solid did and I tried to exploit that.

15. Tentcell
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 19:30:47

fang wrote: I wonder @Zen . Was @jet allowed to bring my name out in public when he was killed. Just by saying: Hey, I am a town cop, at the first night I investigated fang and he turned out to be a mafia. If so, then I must be happy to say I didn't killed him the moment I could. @Tentcell, thanks a lot for manipulating the rest so I wouldn't get killed last day.
    Not a problem, you needed to stay alive because I knew one of us would've died the next day if it was a no lynch. My thought process through the first day was to get rid of the person who was the most opinionated, and not draw attention to fang, then from there it was just based on inactivity.

16. Solid
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 19:34:53

*ultimate facepalm* never saw that @Tentcell was the mafia... but i did think that fang was suspicious.

17. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Apr 6 2014 21:23:39

yea death rants cannot reveal additional info, it's just for fun

18. ShadowParadox
    Date: Mon, Apr 7 2014 11:46:02

U guys didn't fucking listen to me!

19. jet
    Date: Mon, Apr 7 2014 20:40:46

to be fair you acted so suspiciously for a townie the only way I could see it is if you were mafia trying to do some weird reverse psychology strat

20. ShadowParadox
    Date: Tue, Apr 8 2014 04:57:59

But I was found out to be a townie and I said in my death rant to lynch supergirl and u or tent cell by then it was too late because more than half were mafia

21. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, Apr 8 2014 07:31:30

ShadowParadox wrote: But I was found out to be a townie and I said in my death rant to lynch supergirl and u or tent cell by then it was too late because more than half were mafia
    Except your main suspect was Supergirl who was a townie. It was 4 vs 2 at that point, if they immediately listened to you and lynched Supergirl you would have lost as well.

22. jet
    Date: Tue, Apr 8 2014 08:05:36

And your death rant didn't help much.. why did you play it the way you did? If you accused everyone then of course you're going to get lynched..

23. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, Apr 8 2014 08:30:49

He was not the only one at fault though. A lot of people just did not talk a lot, and there is no reason at all not to communicate if you are a townie. Tentcell played this game really well regardless, I probably could not have convinced others to lynch him. :P