UPSB v4

General Discussion / World Cup 2014 - Round 3 - Lineups OUT!

1. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 04:00:25

http://worldps.org/wc14/?p=58

2. Gland
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 04:08:46

Taichi1082 is replacing Sponge? Team rosters has to be updated then

3. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 04:40:08

uhhh i was not notified of any roster change @taichi1082

4. coffeelucky
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 04:59:10

and you still accept taichi as a competitor while he isn't in the roster?

5. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 05:50:45

Are you guys seriously just focusing on taichi alone LOL You should probably check LPSA's roster again It's amazing how LPSA managed to pull this one off without being noticed HAHAHAHA ================== If it's up to HKPSA to decide, I am okay with this matchup.

6. ShadowParadox
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 07:54:28

Interesting lineups...I'm sure we've got doubles in the bag

7. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 10:07:42

That's... awesome. I shoulda asked Gisele to replace me for this round then ! Oh and JEB might sweep their three first rounds (sun)

8. taichi1082
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 11:30:20

Wow 8) Yeah I was joking We were going to resign/get disqualified on purpose as none of the others want to do another round. Also since I know Leon personally, I knew he was going to get the joke. Though I didn't expect Zombo to just type this in lol. Sorry for any confusion, this (again) wasn't done to give us any advantage (quite the opposite). Like those 4 monkeys are any better than Sponge, Impulse or Baaron

9. LighT*
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 15:30:18

i like these line ups c:

10. Reason
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 17:15:31

dayummmm jacky and i.suk doubles... thats gonna be awesome!!

11. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 21:47:58

Looks like this WC is going to be a huge disappointment Sucks on the other teams that didn't qualify with LPSA messing around

12. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 22:16:52

Ban LPSA from future competitions and bring back disqualified teams as wild cards.

13. Vstrike
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 23:34:32

shoeman6 wrote: Ban LPSA from future competitions and bring back disqualified teams as wild cards.
    hyper kek. btw sherni and i are gonna crush this

14. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 23:36:47

Vstrike wrote: hyper kek. btw sherni and i are gonna crush this
    not on my watch good night

15. Vstrike
    Date: Mon, Mar 17 2014 23:39:04

[QUOTE='Leon[HKPSA];278886']not on my watch good night[/QUOTE] WE GONNA CRUSH YO

16. EaglE
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 03:50:56

shoeman6 wrote: Ban LPSA from future competitions and bring back disqualified teams as wild cards.
    You guys just blame at the competitor, not the organizer? Yes, Zombo make the PSWC complete and he is good at it. But where is IPSA who said host the future world events starting with WT2013? Now we see the authority of this game is reducing year by year: rules never update, overdue judges, overtime videos, wrong results, without sponsors, and you can change the lineup/roster free. The execution of WT/WC is good, Zombo worth a medal, but the supervision is really blank in all WT/WC. IMO it should be a team to make a tournament, not A human.

17. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 06:00:39

EaglE wrote: You guys just blame at the competitor, not the organizer? Yes, Zombo make the PSWC complete and he is good at it. But where is IPSA who said host the future world events starting with WT2013? Now we see the authority of this game is reducing year by year: rules never update, overdue judges, overtime videos, wrong results, without sponsors, and you can change the lineup/roster free. The execution of WT/WC is good, Zombo worth a medal, but the supervision is really blank in all WT/WC. IMO it should be a team to make a tournament, not A human.
    LPSA's manager made the conscience decision to send Zombo an illegitimate lineup with the intent to mock this competition. It is [B]not [/B]Zombo's fault that taichi and some other LPSA spinners felt like expressing contempt in such an ill-mannered fashion. This type of behavior is disrespectful towards their opponent and disrespectful towards the pen spinning community. It is foolish to place blame on the organizer. Zombo is not responsible for the actions and behaviors of the competitors. [B]However[/B], it is his responsibility to enforce the rules and enact penalties for those who break them as it is the duty for the spectators/competitors to report any apparent violation of the rules. The rulebook itself is open to revision, yet no one complained about time limits until after the tournament started. This goes to show that no one cared to contest the rules...or perhaps never even read them. Yes, there are spinners who openly troll WC/WT. Yes, this can lead to the degeneration of the tournaments' integrity. What everyone understands, is that, every year a sizable number of the judges have proven to be incapable of making sound scoring decisions and have proven to be, might I say, "less than punctual." This is what happens when communities appoint judges without screening them for suitability or accountability. We can't force people to submit videos on time and we can't force the judges to send their results on time. What we can do is encourage sportsmanship and mutual respect---virtues that teenagers on the internet aren't always inclined to have. Nonetheless, Zombo did follow through with rule violation reports and distributed penalties justly. People have always been complaining about the lack of respect, seriousness, and overall organization of competitions across all communities. What you don't understand is that hosting WC/WT is a group effort. When you whine about the foolishness occurring in World Cup and World Tournament [B]you have no one to blame but yourselves [/B]. This is addressed to all pen spinners. Everyone involved has a responsibility to treat the event with respect. Whether they were hosted by Zombo or CrAsH, the overall turnout of the world events were strictly dependent on the active care of pen spinners across the globe. The quality of the event depends on participant input and that input must be genuine. IPSA has dissolved due to member inactivity. Though, UPSB's research department is often filled with discussion critical of current issues with judging and competition, yet hardly anyone cares to share their propositions with the public. WC14 has arguably been the best WC yet in terms of spinner turnout, matchup quality, and skill. I only see it getting better from here on out, but only if we continue to treat it seriously. It disgusts me that people put the blame on a neutral party who fulfills his responsibilities in order to avoid reflecting on their own lack of commitment. I only hope more people realize this. I promised myself I wouldn't get involved with the drama, but I had to address these claims. Good luck to all.

18. Ivabra
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 07:32:23

Ceru Seiyu wrote: Looks like this WC is going to be a huge disappointment Sucks on the other teams that didn't qualify with LPSA messing around
    Let's not forget LPSA stole our main guy (Sponge) so that they could participate and break the rules :). Totally worth it (y) I totally agree with Zkhan.

19. x1213
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 07:33:59

I think EaglE's main point is not blaming Zombo. Zombo did nothing wrong. We should be grateful to him since organizing WC/WT is a tiring and time-consuming job. But it is true that Zombo's interest in organizing this event is decreasing, and he seems to have little time doing it. What EaglE means is that the WC/WT should not be run by a single same person. Instead, we should form a committee to organize such a big event. We should let those who are motivated and have time to do these jobs. Only through this method can WC/WT become better and better.

20. ShadowParadox
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 08:53:53

If these guys are pissing u off so bad then just disqualify them for this round and the whole tournamount

21. Ivabra
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 08:56:04

Of course Zombo's interest is decreasing, he's been doing this for 5 years and it becomes boring and annoying pretty quickly. But I don't think creating a committee is a viable solution because we don't even know who would be elligible to be part of it. Then again it's the same problem as the judging system, people that actually know about penspinning are almost 80% of the time spinners that are in the WC/WT's. If a committee is created I think should only be decided by Crash and Zombo, to be honest I wouldn't trust any other spinner if they get any "power".

22. coffeelucky
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 13:28:59

I can't say that it isn't Zombo's fault, he shouldn't accept any illegal lineups or anything. But I understand what @EaglE said, organizing the tourney isn't easy especially big tournament like WC/WT with a lot of annoying problems (change roster/lineup, overtime videos, overdue judges/videos, etc). Zombo's been organizing 5 WC/WT and the problems increase in every year, he could be bored easily. I agree that WC/WT shouldn't be organized by 1 person, but if we establish the committee, I'm not sure I (and many people) will trust them to organize this.

23. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 14:25:28

We tried with IPSA, but that never came to fruition. Anyways, best of luck in resolving this conflict.

24. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 14:51:42

@Zkhan yeah...err i dont think eagle is angry at zombo. Re read the post perhaps...hes just saying it needs more organizational structure and more support...as you have argued already. Im willing to help IPSA. The concept is very good. A core group of dedicated spinners who will officially host the world competitions. That way it is transparent which group is to be acknowledged and or to be blamed or which one to send questions etc to. Disappointed with LPSA's attitude. Though perhaps made with friendly intent, i suppose for the future we should express penalties for mucking around... Along with judge results even. (oo perhaps stretching it there) ============ Now for actual tournament discussion: I think JEB has got this one in the bag. If they win it will continue the tradition of Tournament Winner somehow spiritually boosting the World Cup team to 1st place since 2009. Second place...twps is likely. If not the greatest threat to JEB. Though i havnet looked at the scores yet, but from a line up point of view its so strong. GO UPSB FIGHT

25. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 15:45:37

JEB will not lose a single battle this tournament.

26. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 18:37:07

neoknux_009;278927]@Zkhan yeah...err i dont think eagle is angry at zombo. Re read the post perhaps...hes just saying it needs more organizational structure and more support...as you have argued already. Im willing to help IPSA. The concept is very good. A core group of dedicated spinners who will officially host the world competitions. That way it is transparent which group is to be acknowledged and or to be blamed or which one to send questions etc to. Disappointed with LPSA's attitude. Though perhaps made with friendly intent, i suppose for the future we should express penalties for mucking around... Along with judge results even. (oo perhaps stretching it there) ============ Now for actual tournament discussion: I think JEB has got this one in the bag. If they win it will continue the tradition of Tournament Winner somehow spiritually boosting the World Cup team to 1st place since 2009. Second place...twps is likely. If not the greatest threat to JEB. Though i havnet looked at the scores yet, but from a line up point of view its so strong. GO UPSB FIGHT[/QUOTE] I think it's evident that a committee would better the organization any future world events. However, it's also evident that the founding members of IPSA were not dedicated enough to keep it alive. I can't stress enough the fact that maintaining these activities is a collective effort. Even so, there is no incentive for any of the judges or participants to abide by any international rule consensus. We're going to have the same issues over and over again even with an organizing committee. If and when any council is appointed to organize and manage these world events, I will have to say that the most important step in maintaining a serious and professional tournament is the screening of participants and judges. Given that, we have penalties for the competitors, but what of the judges? In what way can we penalize them for malpractice? Do we create transparency by revealing the judges' identities? I believe restrictions and penalties can only go so far. We need to mature as a community embedded in internet subculture and realize that, although pen spinning is an enjoyable and often a casual activity, certain events need to be taken seriously and need to be dealt with professionally. The vote penalties given to all the communities who violated the rules are justified. I believe LPSA should be suffer an automatic loss for their actions. I don't doubt Zombo will address this. Also, [QUOTE=neoknux_009;278927]yeah...err i dont think eagle is angry at zombo.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=x1213;278907]I think EaglE's main point is not blaming Zombo. [/QUOTE] ....... [QUOTE=EaglE wrote: You guys just blame at the competitor, not the organizer?
    >implying

27. Enkronidus
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 19:01:29

This tournament is one of the two biggest tournaments, guys. If you joke on it, then you can joke on the whole pen spinning. You guys are not even outsiders, but spinners themselves. How can you take it not seriously to the max just like that? =/

28. taichi1082
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 19:58:44

Zkhan;278936]with the intent to mock this competition[/QUOTE] Yeah sure m8, that was totally my intention. I was actually going to send Zombo a different lineup that reads 'Zkhan can suck my dick' if read backwards, to mock you as well. ... What a monkey... [QUOTE=Zkhan wrote: I believe LPSA should be suffer an automatic loss for their actions.
    Yeah, that was the idea (if you actually read my post). We are out anyways, that was just the LPSA way of saying bye from the tournament. Other than that, I should mention that I was going to apologize because you actually have a point - international penspinning tournaments work on mutual respect. And the reason why this current tournament sucks is not only due to a lack of effort from the organizational team but also from the lack of effort from the competitiors (LPSA including). Yet there are apparently people who appreciate this event and it was really my last intention to ruin anyones fun or the reputation of the tournament itself. But now I don't.

29. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 20:31:28

taichi1082 wrote: Yeah sure m8, that was totally my intention. I was actually going to send Zombo a different lineup that reads 'Zkhan can suck my dick' if read backwards, to mock you as well. ... What a monkey... Yeah, that was the idea (if you actually read my post). We are out anyways, that was just the LPSA way of saying bye from the tournament. Other than that, I should mention that I was going to apologize because you actually have a point - international penspinning tournaments work on mutual respect. And the reason why this current tournament sucks is not only due to a lack of effort from the organizational team but also from the lack of effort from the competitiors (LPSA including). Yet there are apparently people who appreciate this event and it was really my last intention to ruin anyones fun or the reputation of the tournament itself. But now I don't.
    My main problem with all of this is that this ruins the integrity of the tournament. Your opponents now know they don't actually [B]have to[/B] make video and still win 3-0, which gives them an edge over other competitors. I understand you did not feel like actually trying [or did not have the possibility to have 4 spinners ready], but there were ways to make sure the opponents would not know of this.

30. Ivabra
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 20:42:19

taichi1082 wrote: Yeah sure m8, that was totally my intention. I was actually going to send Zombo a different lineup that reads 'Zkhan can suck my dick' if read backwards, to mock you as well. ... What a monkey... Yeah, that was the idea (if you actually read my post). We are out anyways, that was just the LPSA way of saying bye from the tournament. Other than that, I should mention that I was going to apologize because you actually have a point - international penspinning tournaments work on mutual respect. And the reason why this current tournament sucks is not only due to a lack of effort from the organizational team but also from the lack of effort from the competitiors (LPSA including). Yet there are apparently people who appreciate this event and it was really my last intention to ruin anyones fun or the reputation of the tournament itself. But now I don't.
    What I don't like with you is that you put more effort in being stupid than in being a normal person. You're kinda considered as the boss of LPSA, and your stupidity is reflecting on your team/board, so please if you wanna be the asshole here, try to not make people picture spinners from LPSA as so because we have nothing to blame them for except you, thanks. If you're criticizing the lack of organization here, why would you even bother make your team participating ? Moreover there were obviously only 5 spinners that wanted to participate for your board but you told Sponge to participate with you, so yeah keep telling me how you didn't want to participate because of the lack of Zombo-isme. It's like you want people to hate LPSA, why can't you just be a normal spinner ? First you change lineups after the deadline, then you send a lineup as a joke, and now you're criticizing the WC and you're insulting Zkhan, why don't you just go back to kindergarden buddy?

31. taichi1082
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 21:12:30

Erirornal Kraione;278939]but there were ways to make sure the opponents would not know of this.[/QUOTE] We've seen it in past tournaments that teams have submitted below average clips due to a lack of incentives in r3. That's just how the tournament works (and there is not much you can do against that). I understand your concerns regarding the point advantage but a 3-0 win instead of a 2-1 one might be neglectable. [QUOTE=Ivabra;278940][rabble rabble taichi u so stupid rabble rabble] If you're criticizing the lack of organization here, why would you even bother make your team participating ? [/QUOTE] To do one person a favor. Of course you don't know who that is and you also don't know why Sponge participated. But yeah nice guesswork there. [QUOTE=Ivabra;278940]so yeah keep telling me how you didn't want to participate because of the lack of Zombo-isme. [/QUOTE] I don't understand what that means, sorry. [QUOTE=Ivabra wrote: First you change lineups after the deadline, then you send a lineup as a joke, and now you're criticizing the WC and you're insulting Zkhan, why don't you just go back to kindergarden buddy?
    The first thing you listed was indeed my (and only my) mistake, for which I apologized, twice. Keep raving about the other things, that's the burden and effect of nominative determinism for being perceived as "the boss of LPSA".

32. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 21:17:18

taichi1082 wrote: We've seen it in past tournaments that teams have submitted below average clips due to a lack of incentives in r3. That's just how the tournament works (and there is not much you can do against that). I understand your concerns regarding the point advantage but a 3-0 win instead of a 2-1 one might be neglectable.
    Good point, even though it is less about the actual amount of points garnered, and rather the material they are able to save without any risk. There is still a difference between having to send [mediocre] videos with a risk of getting blown out by a team that does put in a lot of effort in round 3, which can put you in 2nd seed versus JEB, and not having to film anything at all while having a near-sure #1 seed. I believe there was a chance they would have put in quite some effort [and material] to make sure they are the #1 seed. Of course this is just a clarification, I did not mean to put any more blame on whoever might have done what here. It happened, throwing around insults is not going to improve the situation.

33. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 22:57:49

As Leon from hkpsa, there is absolutely no incentive for both lpsa and hkpsa to battle with full effort. As the representative of my team though, I still have to cheer my team up. And that is the only reason we're still trying. It's not like we have a revival round anyways *hinthint* ============================= About LPSA. That's just how LPSA is. Either you get enough people to vote kick LPSA from international events, or you persuade LPSA to change it's attitude*lel* =============================

neoknux_009 wrote: @Zkhan Disappointed with LPSA's attitude. Though perhaps made with friendly intent, i suppose for the future we should express penalties for mucking around... [B]Along with judge results even.[/B] (oo perhaps stretching it there)
    does that mean I no longer get to make jokes with wt/wc results? well fuck guess I'm just gonna participate in the event itself then.

34. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 23:34:29

@Leon (The following is a very very rough prototype i just thought of in my head 5 minutes ago, please bear for any error) Possible Rule #1: With regards to judging. I mean...usually i would not suggest this...but the tournament history has reflected a need for backlash in unpunctual (or non existant) judge submissions. I was going to suggest giving strikes to the teams, if their own judges, do no send in results (ie if UPSB does not send results UPSB gets strike). While this may seem very unfair if the judges mess up, there is little inventive for the judges to actually send in results. However, judges are tied automatically to their own board. Thats just the nature of being on the same board, its like being on the same team. That way the teams themselves will also make sure their own judges are punctual. Lets say we use the terms: Judging Foul - When a Judge Fails to Submit on Time or At All (perhaps these will have different weights) Strike - Where a number of strikes will affect the banning of the team (I believe The system Zombo has already put in place??? not sure something like this) Possible Rule #2: So perhaps, judging fouls can even carry on to future tournaments and affect future WC "initial" strikes. Or even the participation of WT spinners. Ie if UPSB judges do not submit results for [B]3/6[/B] rounds, that is [B]3[/B] judging fouls, perhaps it will give them [B]1[/B] automatic strike for the future tournaments. The reason why I emphasis future tournaments is because once a judges WC team is out, then the initial rule's incentive (ie, lazy judging affects your own boards team) do not matter anymore. With the future tournaments in place, you still have your board on you shoulder. Possible Rule #3: I would say once a board has successfully gone through a tournament without many fouls or strikes... then their record of strikes and fouls should be wiped clean. So for the next tournament they can start fresh.

35. Tigres
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 23:42:39

[B]JUST MY OPINION[/B] Regardless, world events nowadays are more like suffering from penspinning rather than enjoying penspinning. (although the level of these spinners are intensely high) Personally, there is no need to do these world events every year, since there isn't much impact to the audience (including the competitors, noobs, judges, etc). So one world event in every 2 or 3 years is good for me. The time gap would also bring a bigger impact to the ps community rather than causing all this ruckus every year. Also, for judging system, if the current competitors are the potentially the best judges, then there should be a system where the participants of the previous world event being the judges, and let the new spinners spin for WC/WT. Ex. People from WT13 will be the judges for WC14(meaning they can't participate for only WC14). then people from WC14 will be the judges for WT15, etc.(people from WT13 are able to compete if they want to.) This way it would give a good chance for the upcoming spinners, who are capable of bringing new concepts of penspinning. The point is, if we continue to argue about this technical shit, it would obviously not motivate new and old spinners, meaning penspinning [B]WILL DIE[/B] What is the point of these world events, if there are NO SPINNERS watching it? Maintaining the penspinning community is more important than just log-in to UPSB just for competing and log out and never come back when it ends. Thanks for reading my broken english, and yes I enjoy penspinning

36. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 23:46:48

neoknux_009 wrote: @Leon (The following is a very very rough prototype i just thought of in my head 5 minutes ago, please bear for any error) Possible Rule #1: With regards to judging. I mean...usually i would not suggest this...but the tournament history has reflected a need for backlash in unpunctual (or non existant) judge submissions. I was going to suggest giving strikes to the teams, if their own judges, do no send in results (ie if UPSB does not send results UPSB gets strike). While this may seem very unfair if the judges mess up, there is little inventive for the judges to actually send in results. However, judges are tied automatically to their own board. Thats just the nature of being on the same board, its like being on the same team. That way the teams themselves will also make sure their own judges are punctual. Lets say we use the terms: Judging Foul - When a Judge Fails to Submit on Time or At All (perhaps these will have different weights) Strike - Where a number of strikes will affect the banning of the team (I believe The system Zombo has already put in place??? not sure something like this) Possible Rule #2: So perhaps, judging fouls can even carry on to future tournaments and affect future WC "initial" strikes. Or even the participation of WT spinners. Ie if UPSB judges do not submit results for [B]3/6[/B] rounds, that is [B]3[/B] judging fouls, perhaps it will give them [B]1[/B] automatic strike for the future tournaments. The reason why I emphasis future tournaments is because once a judges WC team is out, then the initial rule's incentive (ie, lazy judging affects your own boards team) do not matter anymore. With the future tournaments in place, you still have your board on you shoulder. Possible Rule #3: I would say once a board has successfully gone through a tournament without many fouls or strikes... then their record of strikes and fouls should be wiped clean. So for the next tournament they can start fresh.
    Ohhhh I thought you meant we aren't allowed to make stupid ass jokes in our results anymore lolol. I always handed in results on time so I'm good. *so proud of myself* From what I see, most boards don't even write down comments. Boards like JEB doesn't even follow the judging format. Total is out of 25, yet they're giving scores like 34, 28, which I assume is just the two scores from head and assist judge combined, but still. But then they're JEB, so it's okay. And then we also have boards that only announce the winner without ever providing any numerical values at all.

37. Sponge
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 00:28:36

What the hell's going on here 8D @Ivabra I sure hope that was a joke, no one stole me, don't treat me like an object or something, that's not cool 8( In case it was a joke, then I apologize! =D About the LPSA mocking thing: Okay, R2 was taichi's mistake, that silly guy just messed up. Gotta concede that! Seriously, didn't do that on purpose, PSH was (kind of) fine with it, okay! Humans make mistakes, please be forgiving! R3...I mean, we're already out, and how I understood it, HKPSA is already out, so it's not like it would've changed anything. On top of that, it was a joke meant for Leon, who got the joke, his team didn't really get an advantage out of it, since they're already out as well. I hope this was understandable! And Christ, in case you didn't notice, we put a lot of effort into R1 and R2, it's not like we joined this tournament only to mess around. Don't you dare to say that, I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna hit you with my numb arm and sore back if you do! =D Soo, in case you wonder why I joined LPSA this year: They qualified for the WC. I was going to join G/S/B (I even told taichi the night before), but he told me then that LPSA wouldn't be able to participate, because there weren't enough spinners who wanted to participate. One person really wanted to participate though! So, because it would've been quite shitty for those teams who weren't able to qualify, I joined LPSA....There might've been other solutions, but I decided that kind of spontaneously, so yeah =D But that's kind of off-topic, isn't it? World Cup rules thing: A longer period of time between the tournaments sounds good to me! Wouldn't have to worry about wasting too much material for the WT/WC then if I participated in Collabs =D I'd still go with "Whoever sends in the judgings too late, well, fuck it, your judging doesn't count then". Their thing if they don't want to decide. But well, that's problematic, because it's not the other spinners'/the community's fault if their judges are too stupid....Or is it? Yeah, maybe you should find a way to find good judges! ...Nahh, I actually don't have any idea how to improve this, sorry! 8D We should do something like an exact countdown though! On a website like http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/ or something. Because I'm always confused when the deadline is, and that'd make it clear. ...And that's that. Phew, haven't wrote that much in a while, I hope everything was clear. =)

38. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 02:08:07

+1 suponji -1 rest seriously it was a joke. You know what that is? It's something you laugh about. And honestly I'm pretty stunned by the fact that people here seem to lose all fun in their seriousness about a competition for a hobby THAT IS SOMETHIGN YOU DO BECAUSE IT'S FUN. You all act like ,,OH YEAH DAWG DIS GUN B SO SRS LIEK SRS MANG NIGGUH", but why for the flying fucks sake are you doing that? If it was important to the outcome of the competition, ok, if it was important to the image of the tournament, ok (which it isnt btw if we remember worse things from previous WCs), if it was at least not even funny, O- FUCKING -K, but apparently you can't even grasp something as simple as a joke since your brain is clogged with the KT tips you keep stabbing your desk with.

39. Spytos
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 04:48:59

i.suk and JackyMacky might won this match because they are perfect tandem for me, actually I'm observing between these two (by watching Youtube). They are perfect match in doubles... guys, be serious in Round 3... :grin:

40. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 05:10:12

"apparently you can't even grasp something as simple as a joke since your brain is clogged with the KT tips you keep stabbing your desk with." -ChainBreak This had me rolling on the floor.

41. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 05:46:40

ChainBreak wrote: +1 suponji -1 rest seriously it was a joke. You know what that is? It's something you laugh about. And honestly I'm pretty stunned by the fact that people here seem to lose all fun in their seriousness about a competition for a hobby THAT IS SOMETHIGN YOU DO BECAUSE IT'S FUN. You all act like ,,OH YEAH DAWG DIS GUN B SO SRS LIEK SRS MANG NIGGUH", but why for the flying fucks sake are you doing that? If it was important to the outcome of the competition, ok, if it was important to the image of the tournament, ok (which it isnt btw if we remember worse things from previous WCs), if it was at least not even funny, O- FUCKING -K, but apparently you can't even grasp something as simple as a joke since your brain is clogged with the KT tips you keep stabbing your desk with.
    Thanks for deciding how much a hobby means to someone, bro.

42. coffeelucky
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 06:03:18

I understand that HKPSA and LPSA can't qualify to the next round. And yes, penspinning was fun, it was fun until somebody joke it like he don't even care what other think about it. I don't know how you feel fun about psing, but for me, to compete in the big tourney, facing strong opponents or watching people compete is fun, not joking around. So, this isn't fun anymore.

43. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 08:13:37

Pathetic. I guess universe will always produce at least one troll event per WT/WC to maintain past tradition, it had to happen :xd:

44. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 09:00:26

apparently you can't even grasp something as simple as a joke since your brain is clogged with the KT tips you keep stabbing your desk with.

45. Along
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 09:25:08

neoknux_009 wrote: @Zkhan yeah...err i dont think eagle is angry at zombo. Re read the post perhaps...hes just saying it needs more organizational structure and more support...as you have argued already. Im willing to help IPSA. The concept is very good. A core group of dedicated spinners who will officially host the world competitions. That way it is transparent which group is to be acknowledged and or to be blamed or which one to send questions etc to. Disappointed with LPSA's attitude. Though perhaps made with friendly intent, i suppose for the future we should express penalties for mucking around... [B]Along[/B] with judge results even. (oo perhaps stretching it there) ============ Now for actual tournament discussion: I think JEB has got this one in the bag. If they win it will continue the tradition of Tournament Winner somehow spiritually boosting the World Cup team to 1st place since 2009. Second place...twps is likely. If not the greatest threat to JEB. Though i havnet looked at the scores yet, but from a line up point of view its so strong. GO UPSB FIGHT
    wassup!

46. Sponge
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:31:43

@coffeelucky I'm sorry then! There was no point in participating in this round, especially since most of our spinners seem to have little time, and I guess it's somewhat LPSA's thing to do something like that. I laughed about it actually, but I guess that's a matter of opinion. I apologize =) But I still don't think this joke was THAT disrespectful, would it have been THAT much of a difference if we sent in a lineup and didn't record or if we just said we wouldn't participate? I seriously don't know, you tell me! =D Facing strong opponents or seeing great spinning is fun to me in terms of "It makes me happy" or "It makes my blood boiling", fun as a penspinner. Joking is fun to me in terms of "It makes me laugh", fun as a person, AS LONG as it's not harming anyone. That's what I think about it. =) AND IF YOU WANT LPSA TO BE SERIOUS THAT MUCH, I'LL PARTICIPATE THIS ROUND IN ALL CATEGORIES AGAINST THE WORLD OK, HELLYEAH ...Nahh, I know that's not the point. =D ============== JEB seems to be unbeatable at this point, but who knows, I'm in for surprises! Go everyone!

47. Ivabra
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:32:17

Tigres wrote: [B]JUST MY OPINION[/B] Regardless, world events nowadays are more like suffering from penspinning rather than enjoying penspinning. (although the level of these spinners are intensely high) Personally, there is no need to do these world events every year, since there isn't much impact to the audience (including the competitors, noobs, judges, etc). So one world event in every 2 or 3 years is good for me. The time gap would also bring a bigger impact to the ps community rather than causing all this ruckus every year. Also, for judging system, if the current competitors are the potentially the best judges, then there should be a system where the participants of the previous world event being the judges, and let the new spinners spin for WC/WT. Ex. People from WT13 will be the judges for WC14(meaning they can't participate for only WC14). then people from WC14 will be the judges for WT15, etc.(people from WT13 are able to compete if they want to.) This way it would give a good chance for the upcoming spinners, who are capable of bringing new concepts of penspinning. The point is, if we continue to argue about this technical shit, it would obviously not motivate new and old spinners, meaning penspinning [B]WILL DIE[/B] What is the point of these world events, if there are NO SPINNERS watching it? Maintaining the penspinning community is more important than just log-in to UPSB just for competing and log out and never come back when it ends. Thanks for reading my broken english, and yes I enjoy penspinning
    I agree with the fact that we don't have to make a tournament every year. But I disagree with not being able to participate for two straight years. As a spinner who wants to create a dynasty and win as much as possible I'd have a disadvantage since i'd have less participations than the previous spinners that could participate every year:) However I like the fact that you stress how much the audience has reduced as the time went by. Nobody watches our combos anymore, I don't know if it's because there are less spinners or if people are just not interested in WC/WT's anymore Leon : You can't stop your jokes in your judgements otherwise I'll kill you <3 Sponge : It was not a joke but I'm not mad about that, I was just saying it might have not been worth it for you to participate with them if they were not serious (which is a speculation, I'm not saying it's actually true). Moreover not having you in our team after putting so much effort trying to make you compete with us really penalized us since our team was not as good as planned :) About LPSA : I've no problem with them I just can't understand why they(Taichi here) can't act normal, it's like they're forced to draw everybody's attention. I don't care about the joke to be honest, I'm just talking about how they've been acting since the beginning of LPSA.

48. Sponge
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:42:20

@Ivabra Alright! Gotcha. Well, they were serious the first two rounds, so I'm fine with the outcome. And yes, I cannot apologize enough for not participating with you guys, especially after you put a lot of effort into it. As I said, it was a rather spontaneous decision and I actually told taichi already that I'd participate for you guys. So yeahh (but instead, I could see all three GPC spinners in the team I wanted to see in the WC hehehe) LPSA thing: Uhh...well...I guess it's just their way to interact with people/other things. It's just how they are^^' And Leon: I DIED WHEN I SAW YOUR JUDGING, DON'T STOP PLEASE

49. RPD
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 20:41:54

such unexpected drama There are lots of ways to have fun in WC/WT without messing around with lineups or anything. You can see the battle as your new objective, and making a good combo, something that will make you and your knowledge better. You'll get personal satisfaction plus people's comments, which are cool too. If your combo is really good, it'll be in those typical best of videos, that is more satisfaction to yourself. Talking and meeting new people, commenting other combos/styles... even those outside participants, like leon (freeman sent a video last round too lol) that always get a laugh on old spinners, and confuse innocent minds of new spinners. The problem with this is that it needs effort and work to get it done, and not everyone wants that. Its easier to go drama, send a video drunk, spinning with your foot or something that will be even more remembered that decent combos. But who cares about respect anyway. GL round 3 JEB btw /o/

50. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 04:12:56

Ok I'll be honest here. I met professional sportsmen who knew more fun than you guys even in a serious competition. I met professors excelling at their field that understood more fun even during important research time. I met actors who knew more fun than you guys during their own fucking play. Maybe stop taking yourself so serious like you're doing something great and grand. Fact is you are not and probably never will. And fuck even if you are doing something great and grand if you dont even know fun or have the ability to take a joke why not quit life since it doesnt seem to be very fulfilling to you.

51. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 04:43:17

ChainBreak wrote: Maybe stop taking yourself so serious like you're doing something great and grand. Fact is you are not and probably never will.
    Well fuck I didn't come on UPSB to feel like shit :c

52. coffeelucky
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 06:11:00

I like jokes. It's fun as long as it's respect other people. Otherwise it's no joke.

53. Ivabra
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 08:27:14

ChainBreak wrote: Ok I'll be honest here. I met professional sportsmen who knew more fun than you guys even in a serious competition. I met professors excelling at their field that understood more fun even during important research time. I met actors who knew more fun than you guys during their own fucking play. Maybe stop taking yourself so serious like you're doing something great and grand. Fact is you are not and probably never will. And fuck even if you are doing something great and grand if you dont even know fun or have the ability to take a joke why not quit life since it doesnt seem to be very fulfilling to you.
    In my opinion that's kind of off-topic. You can't compare penspinning to something professionnal. Of course it is possible to make something funny in penspinning (Like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5r-727TJs, or my parodies, or the Daimo's recent collab from FPSB, check it out). But seriously you can't just blame us for not finding this "joke" funny. I think people have just reached a level where they just can't take the lack of seriousness in the WC/WT's, it has gotten worse every year. Of course I'm talking about the spinners, not the organization. I mean come on, first we had Chautran in 2008, then we had Russian drunk guy who fooled us several times, Minwoo's semi-finals combo, oh and what about Lucky from KMSC two years ago, should I remind you that KMSC basically had only 5 spinners for the whole tournament? (and still got to the semi-finals (sun)). To be honest I think Kin's combos (and Lekunga's) perfectly describe my thought :p (I'm talking about the lack of effort, nothing to blame here). All of this is happening because people allow themselves to do this since people have already not taken the WC seriously in the past. And maybe that's due to the lack of penalties, but then again that's another discussion. :)

54. Tare
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 11:32:57

The amount of drama is ridiculous, if lpsa had just forfeited no one would've even bothered, (except from the usual "as expected") so why bother now as it doesn't change the course of the tournament in the slightest. @ not taking this tournament seriously: I personally think that boils down to how you perceive penspinning in general. The tournaments, as they are currently (judged) are centered around the western (and maybe thai, as they had a huge influence) perception of penspinning. That's the perceiption of penspinning as a sport. Who spins how many difficult linkages with the heaviest mod he can find? (you know, it would be a real effort to do these combos with something around 8-12 gr. and I would actually NEED TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO EXECUTE THAT CRAZY STUFF PROPERLY. And my opponent would've an advantage with his buster+ the mod choice isn't even appreciated, amirite?) Or: Who comes up with the most ridiculous new idea/concept that disrupts (in most cases) the flow of the whole combo. And it's creative, it's MY invention, who would dare to judge the execution of a new trick? Why is the tournament that way? Because it's easier to quantify, but most judges are even too stupid to do that. Most of you guys often tend to forget that's not how penspinning really used to be, that's a development of the last 4-5 years. "We" just took the fundamentals the Korean and Japanese shaped '00-'06 and expect everyone to fit these new acceptance criteria if you want to participate in a tournament. The old, basic penspinning (as I understand it) was focussed aesthetics and the best execution/the "right" way to execute your linkages (I hope you understand by now that I'm not exactly talking about style). That's a rather artistic perceiption of penspinning (not in the tournament theme kind of sense) that got lost over time in most communities as it developed into something else. I know it's hard to recognize and I do not want to belittle the effort you put into your spinning, but a really solid execution of the most basic tricks may be harder to achieve than a decently executed combo with powertricks and a few new concepts. It also requires you to think about how penspinning works, that's imho the main reason (besides aesthetics) why most Korean and Japanese practice with vps, comssas or even pencils. You have to understand the tricks pretty well in order to pull of a smooth combo with just basic tricks. With a buster? Not so much. +It (also) is fun. All this becomes evident if you take a look at Korea penspinning atm. They have one of the strongest newer generations and their New Year Tournament was way more fun to watch than the current WC. They seem to have fun, maybe I'm just biased. Oh, and look, they didn't even qualify, even though it seemed as if they tried to meet YOUR expectations of good penspinning. Ironically, the JEB guys, who- to a great extent- don't even care about your little tournament - rub you your infatuation in your face by OUTPERFORMING you in a tournament doesn't even value their real strengths. +You start to bitch around if their so called "legends" stop doing their flashy stuff and focus on basic spinning. Ever thought about the motivations of these guys? I'd take any '07 kth tournament combo over any current combo everyday. But I guess you wouldn't even qualify with these combos nowadays. And you really ask yourself why the popularity of these tournaments decreased or why people don't take them seriously? I apologize if there are any mistakes, after all I'm just a stupid german lpsa guy. And no, this post doesn't represent the lpsa opinion in any way, these are just my (very long) 2cts. Why do I even bother? TL;DR: You should question your perception of penspinning + you subconsciously exclude the spinning yours was once based on. Your little tournaments are like tv talent shows. You try to make an competition about art with dubious judging criteria, people slowly start to realize it doesn't matter and loose interest.

55. taichi1082
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 11:57:27

coffeelucky wrote: I like jokes. It's fun as long as it's respect other people. Otherwise it's no joke.
    First of all, that is completely false. The joke does not end where your feelings begin. Second, there was no intend to mock either Zombo, HKPSA or the tournament itself. Let me remind you that there was no incentive for us to perform at all because we are out, no matter what. Yet we wanted to keep this entertaining by delivering 4 combos instead of 0 combos. And these 4 combos will even be delivered by the founders of LPSA. But now people are comparing this to these russian drunk spinners, who actually threw away their chances and disregarded the competition or even Minwoo, who outright cheated. I remember neoknux defending Minwoo back then... But oohhhh no, taichi is joking around, I demand him disqualified from further evens! Reading this really hurts my feelings. I demand an apology!!!

56. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 12:03:54

I'm partly sorry. :P For some reason I had in my head that you were up against TWPS/PSH, which would have had influence on the tournament. The posts that concerned actual tournament standings are therefore completely retarded. I still don't believe this was the most optimal way of going around and doing things, but I do understand the reasoning that went behind the decision. pls 4gib EDIT: Since Tare and taichi seem to enjoy editing their posts every couple of minutes I might as well. Tare has a few really good points and I would like to respond to those soon, but I might not have enough time. Please don't take his words are pure critisism, there is a lot to take from it even though you might not necessarily agree with what he says.

57. coffeelucky
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 12:11:09

taichi1082 wrote: Let me remind you that there was no incentive for us to perform at all because we are out, no matter what.
    Then, I prefer the straight explanation that you don't want to send the videos than the false lineup.

58. Iota
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 18:18:32

@Tare

59. neoknux_009
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 12:55:00

ChainBreak wrote: Ok I'll be honest here. I met professional sportsmen who knew more fun than you guys even in a serious competition. I met professors excelling at their field that understood more fun even during important research time. I met actors who knew more fun than you guys during their own fucking play.
    =
    Let me be more of a dick here. blah blah blah im special because ive met people in real life so fucking listen to me. fuck fuck fuck. Im better than you because i understand all concepts of fun and how fun should be. fuck. YOLOOOOOOOOOO
    We know how to take a joke. TBH i think its some of you guys who are making this a drama by trying to control our perception of the situation rather than controlling the situation itself.

60. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 13:11:16

What the flying fuck please? I'm trying to make a point and to do so I provide evidence. That's how an argument is usually done. It's got nothing to do with me being special or anything, I would rather say I'm one of the most average people you can find on this planet. My point is that IN MY FUCKING OPINION WHICH I THOUGHT I WOULDNT HAVE TO WRITE OUT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME IM WRITING A COMMENT you guys are being way too stuck up about something that 1) wasnt harmful 2) was intended as a JOKE 3) the people involved even apologized already 4) you guys still keep on going like this was the world's greatest crime 5) a situation reminds me of the foundation story of lpsa It's got nothing to do with me forcing you to behave i a specific way, but it's me criticizing you in a specific way. If you can't even think that far please sign off the interwebz.

61. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 13:43:28

I'm glad the members of LPSA are so dedicated to clarifying their ignorance. You guys really don't have to go so far out of your way to prove that you're stupid, I believe it already.

62. Lekunga
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 14:18:40

shoeman6 wrote: I'm glad the members of LPSA are so dedicated to clarifying their ignorance. You guys really don't have to go so far out of your way to prove that you're stupid, I believe it already.
    You would've made a great Nazi.

63. Nashi
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 14:20:27

Och Leku...

64. XiaoD
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 14:34:58

Damn, chainbreak getting mad Anyways, I am really not surprised that there are less and less active penspinners, there are too many people being butthurt over stupid stuff as well as there are too many people fucking things up.

65. Reason
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 14:37:29

i dont know why i expected there to be normal conversation about the PS this year... from what i can tell, taichi was just goofing around being the silly goose that he is, but i dont think its really that big of a deal. as he has said, they didnt really feel like competing for another round. so if they did go on and play the next round they probably wouldnt be trying all that hard and people would still be all "OH THERES THE OLD LPSA! THEY DONT TAKE ANYTHING SERIOUSLY! MAKING A JOKE OF A COMPETITION". i mean they could have just forfeited and told zombo they didnt want to play another round, but i imagine there would still be some people complaining about that decision too. i think some people are harboring a grudge over lpsa because they still have the idea that lpsa is some kind of elitist group. im not sure what the point of lpsa is but im pretty sure its not to feel more special than anyone else. and specifically @taichi... i thought the way you did the line ups for this round was kinda funny, but did you really expect everyone to just laugh it off and move on? i mean... when has that ever happened at these events? now to wait until this response is broken down sentence by sentence to be criticized and rejected.

66. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 16:06:33

@Tare, Just to show you that I'm not making generalizations and my previous comment took your opinions into account, please allow me to take the time to respond to several of the questions you raised: [B]amirite?[/B] No. [B]Why is the tournament that way? [/B] Because it is a tournament. There exists other forms of exhibition and competition which operate on different principles. [B]Most of you guys often tend to forget that's not how penspinning really used to be, that's a development of the last 4-5 years [/B] Most of "us guys" (I'm guessing you mean pen spinners who follow the WC) weren't around 4-5 years ago, for us pen spinners that were, things change. [B]You have to understand the tricks pretty well in order to pull of a smooth combo with just basic tricks.[/B] Couldn't someone just be good at pen spinning and have no idea what the fuck they are doing? [B]maybe I'm just biased. [/B] I tend to agree. [B]You start to bitch around if their so called "legends" stop doing their flashy stuff and focus on basic spinning.[/B] No I don't. [B]Ever thought about the motivations of these guys? [/B] No, it seems like it would be a pointless exercise as they probably all have different motivations. [B]And you really ask yourself why the popularity of these tournaments decreased or why people don't take them seriously? [/B] Don't sound so outraged, let me quell your fears, I never asked myself either of these questions. [B]I apologize if there are any mistakes, after all I'm just a stupid german lpsa guy [/B] Apology accepted, your English is fine :)! [B]You should question your perception of penspinning + you subconsciously exclude the spinning yours was once based on. Your little tournaments are like tv talent shows. You try to make an competition about art with dubious judging criteria, people slowly start to realize it doesn't matter and loose interest. [/B] Who are you talking to? Is this a specific person? I never did any of these things. I hope my responses are satisfactory. As I responded to you in your PM, I don't normally make time to play dress-up with strawmen.

67. Nashi
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 16:24:19

Shoeman, LPSA is not one entity, you wouldn't describe UPSB that way either. So it's ridiculous to say people are strawmen. Newsflash: there are diverse people with diverse opinion like in every other board too.

68. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 16:25:58

shoeman6 wrote: I'm glad the members of LPSA are so dedicated to clarifying their ignorance. You guys really don't have to go so far out of your way to prove that you're stupid, I believe it already.
    @Nashi I think I made it clear that this comment was aimed at the members of LPSA not the community as an entity. My other post was a direct reply to Tare. Tare is not a straw man, his complaints are.

69. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 16:28:16

shoeman6 wrote: @Nashi I think I made it clear that this comment was aimed at the members of LPSA not the community as an entity. My other post was a direct reply to Tare. Tate is not a straw man, his complaints are.
    Okay so now you explicitly went out of your way to prove that you are generalising? Good job. You know the members are the actual base of the community, right.

70. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 16:31:18

Erirornal Kraione wrote: Okay so now you explicitly went out of your way to prove that you are generalising? Good job. You know the members are the actual base of the community, right.
    I'm not generalizing, I'm referring to the members of LPSA explicitly. LPSA makes this easy as they have a finite number of members, and those that have posted in this thread have only proven themselves to be immature and exceedingly dimwitted.

71. Tare
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 16:47:34

@shoeman6 I did not mention anyone on purpose because people tend to be offended. How did I come up with these statements? Simply posts in this thread/upsb, the statement about the JEB guys is something you can observe in every comment section.

Couldn't someone just be good at pen spinning and have no idea what the fuck they are doing?
    That's the point. Re-read my post, I believe that's the reason why most people have execution issues. You can also find my theories about why that's the case there.
    No, it seems like it would be a pointless exercise as they probably all have different motivations.
    You're not really a fan of trying to get to the bottom of issues you can't explain, are you? Or maybe you're just not really familiar with the examples I talked about.
    Most of "us guys" (I'm guessing you mean pen spinners who follow the WC) weren't around 4-5 years ago, for us pen spinners that were, things change.
    Doesn't make it less important to know + learn from the history, right? Btw, because you like strawmen so much: Your post could be regarded as a perfect example: You relate everything to yourself to disprove my arguments, even though I never specifically mentioned you or anyone else. I criticized the current consensus, not anyone specifically. Ofc you could say I my opinion about the consensus is false. Ironically, you behave the exact same way you think the stereotypical LPSA member behaves: Elitist, polemic, stupid, uninformed and outright disrespectful. My last post regarding this topic btw, it seems impossible to discuss anything relevant besides "lol they're the bad guys" in here. Which is kind of sad, I tried. Edit: + @ all of you. Most of you misinterpreted my post. I described 2 different attitudes towards penspinning: Sport and acrobatics/art. I just said the tournaments regard/judge penspinning as a sport. I said most western people agree with that. The "you" refers to these people. People who don't think that way don't need to be offended, Shoeman6 got that whole part wrong unfortunately. Why do I say you regard it as a sport? A logic deduction, as you judge it like a sports-tournament. If you regarded it as acrobatics/art (as many people do) you have to accept that your judgement criterea are wrong. Organize a balanced jury with opposing views and just judge by giving detailed text-votes who should win. Ever heard about someone rating the creativity of a picture in an arts competition 5/5? That's the same reason why Music/Art grades @school are bullshit.

72. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 16:51:44

:facepalm: I've said all I need to as well. Best of luck to the remaining competitors.

73. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 17:51:19

By the way, thanks.

74. VikroaL
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 18:06:59

shoeman6 wrote: I've said all I need to as well.
    I do hope so, because your posts are giving me cancer.

75. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 19:20:23

VikroaL wrote: I do hope so, because your posts are giving me cancer.
    Even I'm not taking sides here Because pretty much every post in this thread has devolved down to the terrible level, not just his. my suggestion: Replace LPSA in the tournament with HPSC

76. padrace
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 21:30:20

Meanwhile, I'll sit back and enjoy the WC as i always do. I figure that, all contention aside, we can at least discuss and enjoy the spinning itself. What matchups are most intriguing? I'm anticipating good battles between Zuo & GSL and the JEB vs. GSB double.

77. Sponge
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 22:07:40

shoeman6 wrote: I'm not generalizing, I'm referring to the members of LPSA explicitly. LPSA makes this easy as they have a finite number of members, and those that have posted in this thread have only proven themselves to be immature and exceedingly dimwitted.
    I...really don't get that. Might be me, sorry! So, you refer to every member, right? But since not every member posted in this thread, you cannot say that they are all like those who did post in here, right? So isn't that actualy...generalizing? If you only refer to those who posted in this thread, then it does make sense. But it sure doesn't seem like it! Also, I am sorry if I posted something that sounded "immature and exceedingly dimwitted", I really didn't intend to! I tried my best, so it'd be really really nice if you could explain to me what I did wrong! I'm really fine with being wrong, but please, someone tell me why! But it seems like it was your last post, so I guess I won't get an answer from you =D Ohyeah, I really don't want all this drama either, but I really don't like how some people have the wrong view on things. Yes, I do get now, that the "joke" that wasn't intended to harm anyone did upset a lot of people. I do get that it was not the best way to forfeit. We could've easily forfeited instead of sending a false lineup, alright! We (Or well, I) couldn't have known it'd cause this drama...But well, that's no excuse. I apologize for that (at least on my behalf)! But when people say LPSA qualified and took me in order to mess around, that's just wrong. And when people say, every LPSA member is stupid and has the same opinion, that's wrong as well. @_@ Just wanted to make that clear.

78. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 23:05:04

funny how some people think I'm lpsa member for writing my comments and assume LPSA is being bashful like this. Afaik LPSA has some of the most chill people you can find while >>I<< am more of a bashful person when I get pissed off.

79. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 23:20:26

LPSA has the most successful marketing campaign. Look at all these attention. ========================================= Onto the actual tournament itself. Really looking forward to GSL vs Zuo and ppm & MKSFT vs. Cloud & EaglE. Seems like PSH vs TWPS is the most intense matchup afterall. Oh, also looking forward to vstrike's performance too, of course. #gitrekt720noscope

80. Tigres
    Date: Fri, Mar 21 2014 23:51:41

lets enjoy the ruckus; The Penspinning Legacy: Volume I Chapter One- The Tensions Before World Penspinning War I

81. taichi1082
    Date: Sat, Mar 22 2014 00:02:06

[QUOTE='Leon[HKPSA];279179']Oh, also looking forward to vstrike's performance too, of course. #gitrekt720noscope[/QUOTE] He better be good! Or else all of this was for nothing :@ Looking forward to HAL, probably the stronest spinner in the tournament so far. Also it's always nice to see a combo from Däne, if he can manage to film something good (probably the only person I know who is offline better than online).

82. Reason
    Date: Sat, Mar 22 2014 00:30:08

jeb vs gsb doubles look insane. cant wait to see how that goes. i agree that psh vs twps is gonna be exciting. lol all this digression from the actual lineups made me forget how crazy this round will be.

83. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Mar 22 2014 19:44:45

I would have liked to see RPD vs HAL in technical, or anywhere in the tournament sometime, they are two opposing extremes of spinning (Old style versus New style) and I'm curious as to which gets the highest scoring

84. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Mar 22 2014 20:14:18

Ceru Seiyu wrote: Even I'm not taking sides here Because pretty much every post in this thread has devolved down to the terrible level, not just his. my suggestion: Replace LPSA in the tournament with HPSC
    what about fpsb?

85. miyat
    Date: Sun, Mar 23 2014 05:46:16

CORNED BEEF I hope upsb wins but jeb probs will. I think I have a solution to all this madness though. If we build a telelportation space pod we can get all the spinners in one place. From there we can hold the tourne live. Then we won't start beef and fight because we don't have screens to hide ourselves. Trollers will become well mannered people who keep to themselves. No judges will be late cause it is live. No one will have any excuses for missing deadlines. We will all act like normal people and shake hands. Life will continue. When we get back our computers we'll continue the beef. I wonder how you all act at gatherings. When you here someone's opinion do you start arguing? I for one wouldn't yell CORNED BEEF in the middle of a heated fight. -._-. (and i wouldn't make this face)

86. jet
    Date: Sun, Mar 23 2014 06:30:46

miyat wrote: CORNED BEEF I hope upsb wins but jeb probs will. I think I have a solution to all this madness though. If we build a telelportation space pod we can get all the spinners in one place. From there we can hold the tourne live. Then we won't start beef and fight because we don't have screens to hide ourselves. Trollers will become well mannered people who keep to themselves. No judges will be late cause it is live. No one will have any excuses for missing deadlines. We will all act like normal people and shake hands. Life will continue. When we get back our computers we'll continue the beef. I wonder how you all act at gatherings. When you here someone's opinion do you start arguing? I for one wouldn't yell CORNED BEEF in the middle of a heated fight. -._-. (and i wouldn't make this face)
    What is that face? I've never understood it. Like are the hyphens eyebrows of someone looking to the right (like >.>)? Or are the hyphens close eyes (like -.-) and the dots two moles/weird tears? #askingthehardquestions

87. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Mar 23 2014 08:45:05

Eyes looking to the right. Why am I answering this lmfao.

88. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Mar 24 2014 01:12:24

im going to try to resolve the lpsa problem privately, will keep you posted. edit: the match is considered friendly because both teams are eliminated, I will also allow lineup changes from HKPSA as well. both teams are OK with this.

89. taichi1082
    Date: Wed, Mar 26 2014 21:08:11

Zombo wrote: edit: the match is considered friendly because both teams are eliminated, I will also allow lineup changes from HKPSA as well. both teams are OK with this.
    CHIYEAH! [video=youtube;8KIUWdZ3bR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KIUWdZ3bR4[/video]

90. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Thu, Mar 27 2014 03:43:03

taichi1082 wrote: CHIYEAH! [video=youtube;8KIUWdZ3bR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KIUWdZ3bR4[/video]
    [video=youtube;FiHgSutBEM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiHgSutBEM0[/video] vs vstrike from LPSA.

91. Nashi
    Date: Thu, Mar 27 2014 14:00:53

Isn't that 2-41Yamato?

92. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Mar 27 2014 16:35:47

wao leon so stronk.

93. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Thu, Mar 27 2014 20:09:43

ChainBreak wrote: wao leon so stronk.
    get #rekt

94. padrace
    Date: Thu, Mar 27 2014 22:16:56

Here's mine. Releasing it early just for fun. [video=youtube;HutJVS3nT7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HutJVS3nT7w[/video]

95. popte
    Date: Fri, Mar 28 2014 21:37:46

HAL [video=youtube;x7HZ0fWQVJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7HZ0fWQVJw[/video] Kay [video=youtube;BVGh4UmtuFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVGh4UmtuFI[/video]

96. Ivabra
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 10:10:11

Yeah. That's not penspinning, that's pen tutting.

97. Reason
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 13:28:41

[video=youtube;8riYvgDfTp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8riYvgDfTp4[/video] menowa and mi...

98. Marvin
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 15:58:42

[video=youtube;jya_z3mDtQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jya_z3mDtQw[/video] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jya_z3mDtQw

99. taichi1082
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 16:38:34

>style toplel

100. ChainBreak
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 17:56:38

wow Menowa is really strong this round.

101. padrace
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 18:24:58

Already maybe my favorite round of any wt/wc ever.

102. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 18:37:40

Menowa is da best...no one will beat him

103. pshclear
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 20:07:10

psh double http://youtu.be/Rl8M0zt3i3Y enjoy !

104. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 20:40:19

ShadowParadox wrote: Menowa is da best...no one will beat him
    Fel2Fram can beat him, RPD probably too in this tournament

105. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 21:55:24

UPSB double [video=youtube;pIx7Cx9HuvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIx7Cx9HuvI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

106. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Mar 29 2014 22:49:24

[video=youtube;ufSMFxC3rao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufSMFxC3rao[/video]

107. Ivabra
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 00:54:29

Ceru Seiyu wrote: Fel2Fram can beat him, RPD probably too in this tournament
    As much as I enjoy RPD's style I doubt Menowa could be beaten by anybody in this tournament, especially in technical.

108. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 02:35:21

Marvin;279667][video=youtube;jya_z3mDtQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jya_z3mDtQw[/video] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jya_z3mDtQw[/QUOTE] Awesome editing. too bad there's no real trechnical transitions :C [QUOTE=JackyMacky;279684]UPSB double [video=youtube;pIx7Cx9HuvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIx7Cx9HuvI&feature=youtu.be[/video][/QUOTE] disqualified for wearing socks and sandals. [QUOTE=Ceru Seiyu wrote: Fel2Fram can beat him, RPD probably too in this tournament
    But FPSB would have to be in the tournament in the first place OOOOOOooooOOoOoOOOooOOOOooooooOOOO i kid i kid love5fpsb

109. Leon[HKPSA]
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 02:37:51

oops pls del

110. EaglE
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 08:19:18

PSH vs TWPS Artistic : cLear http://youtu.be/0HMy3Pt61l8 Technical : GSL http://youtu.be/YRIJxKEIOb4 Double : Cloud & EaglE http://youtu.be/F-5J_DqhLNA Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

111. x1213
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 12:04:07

TWPS Zuo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TASOJSE8Huc ppm & MKSFT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFMYVYuTn2I Shakespeare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygHJ2pbuQl0 ---------------------------------- [video=youtube;TASOJSE8Huc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TASOJSE8Huc[/video] [video=youtube;ZFMYVYuTn2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFMYVYuTn2I[/video] [video=youtube;ygHJ2pbuQl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygHJ2pbuQl0[/video]

112. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 12:41:35

UPSB: WOW Great job guys! Giving your opponent a run for their money! keep fighting! @padrace wow very aggressive with creativity! (which i always enjoy) PSH: Whoa...the doubles section wowed me again. i swear PSH is pumping so much good stuff. Very underrated board. From a technical standpoint they are as good as any other board, if not greater than most. Artistic great! but did that camera move at the end? Is that legal? =============== The doubles from PPP was a wonderful concept. Though the style section..ooo that is very dangerous to try and convey as style! ============= TWPS the doubles rips through with raw strength and power. But will it be enough? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON uuuuuuuuu PPPPPPPPPPP SSSSSSSS BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

113. Gland
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 14:46:40

maybe it's just me, but I think doubles in this round is the best of all time in PSWC history!

114. Ivabra
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 15:31:07

PPP's double is really cool but I think the combos' length is over the limit

115. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 17:19:52

Upsb doubles ending is rofl :D

116. pshclear
    Date: Sun, Mar 30 2014 18:00:18

TWPS's double is really cool but I think the combos' length is over the limit