UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Just a bit about myself, dont know where to post, new to PEN SPINNING!

1. jackk2
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 17:22:16

I come here today very sad and upset, you see im 16 in grade 11 and theres a kid i know who was in a grade above me but failed so he was in my math class every year, hes the nicest kid ever he i seen him spinning pencils often, i asked him to teach me he taught me the thumb around and sonic, than i lost interest, than i found out yesterday that him and his friend (spun the pencil) both drowned and died, and they were young they were at a cottage, i feel propelled to start spinning again, but i really dont know where to start, the guy teaching me isnt around anymore :(, and before he left he was bragging he could thumb around than do it backwards, just joking because i cudnt do it though, what tricks should i learn next? no one else pen spins now at my school, and what should ido for a pen, do stores sell them? school starts tomorrow im thinking of just gettng a pencil and putting an erases and the metal part on both sides so it will balance, does that work, its sad because the kids that died did everything together they were best friends :( but yeah, what things should i learn im already learning the backwards thumb around thing, i can do it sometimes only, and what pencil

2. Pygmy_Marmoset
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 18:52:12

Hi Jackk2, I'm about at the same place you are in pen spinning, I've just begun learning the reverse TA. Sorry about the death of your school friends, that really is shocking. Where exactly did this happen at and how did they drown exactly?

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 21:43:20

Sorry about the experience Jack. If you know sonic and thumbaround, I suggest moving on to learn the other fundamentals. Thumbaround reverse, charge, fingerpass, etc.

4. jackk2
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 21:53:31

thanks guys, i almost got reverse ta, i think pen spinning will be great to remember him http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/857204--teens-who-drowned-in-cottage-country-identified thats the article, its just shocking seeing 2 familar names on the news about death, just weird, they went to a cottage up north right before school was about to start :(

5. Pygmy_Marmoset
    Date: Tue, Sep 7 2010 16:56:48

That's really sad. What a terrible, scary world we live in where things like that happen.

6. Enkronidus
    Date: Tue, Sep 7 2010 17:14:03

Wow, I didn't expect that to come... I'm sorry about your friends, man. Such a cruel world we live in. =/ :welcome: to UPSB, hope you like the site. If you have any problems about Pen-Spinning, feel free to ask. I'll help you as much as I can. :)