UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Tricks I can practice that don't involve dropping my pen when I screw up? (quietness)

1. Sequiture
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 03:24:30

Ok, so I go to HS and I practice some tricks with my Metal Comssa (black hoops) and if the teacher is the only one talking it's awkward to drop my pen on the desk repeatedly and make the only other noise. I have the fundamentals down, and I work on things like the shadow, around, etc., but they make noise. The twisted sonic for example, doesn't! So I did that all day haha. Other tricks like that? I don't care if they are super difficult (although I might learn them incorrectly, I understand that's a risk). On Thursday I should have my white namae mod too, so feel free to consider that in your suggestions.

2. Reason
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 04:14:46

well honestly, if you are practicing a trick, you are going to drop the pen a few times. i suggest rather than looking for quiet tricks, try looking for a quieter pen. a pen like waterfall has grips that can cover the ends so the chances of it making a loud noise are lowered.

3. Sequiture
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 04:19:25

I had a waterfall... I lost it though :/ But with some tricks you don't drop it when you mess up like the twisted sonic?

4. Kemu
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 04:27:22

get a binder full of paper and spin on top of that. it helps alot with the noise, and it looks like you are working too. honestly, there arnt any tricks that dont involve dropping. try tricks like warped sonic or double charge but those are all kind of twisted sonic variants

5. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 05:39:11

How about showing some respect and don't spin while the teacher is talking during class?

6. Voracity
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 07:43:08

JackyMacky wrote: How about showing some respect and don't spin while the teacher is talking during class?
    ^ this. Almost flunked year 2 cuz of constant spinning in class :( bad idea to spin in class son.

7. ShadowParadox
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 07:53:27

I'm pretty sure if u learn any new trick, you will drop your pen. Knee bounce

8. Walkaz
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 13:04:45

Pun kan

9. Soren
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 19:21:43

Master the tricks at home so you can execute them flawlessly in school and you will have no problem dropping your pen all the time. Or spin above of a pad of paper or something to reduce the noise, since you can't expect to never drop your pen if you're doing pen spinning.

10. Whirlpool
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 20:49:47

Spinning pens in class are fine. Just pay attention, and don't completely zone out in class. I suggest to spin at some point, like when people are talking or it's a good time. You can spin all the time, if you want. Mastering a trick, is dropping it and trying again till you have it.

11. Monk
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 21:56:39

Supergirl wrote: Master the tricks at home so you can execute them flawlessly in school and you will have no problem dropping your pen all the time. Or spin above of a pad of paper or something to reduce the noise, since you can't expect to never drop your pen if you're doing pen spinning.
    You also won't look like a scrub, constantly dropping you pen. But also, it's best to try minimizing your spinning in class and try to pay attention.

12. popte
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 22:18:04

I always use a sweater on my desk to reduce noise.

13. Shiftyei
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 23:51:47

I used to just bring a clothe to school and put it down to kill the noise. And you can spin in class, just spin in moderation =) Humans can't focus on two things at once.

14. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Mar 6 2014 00:58:02

Lighter the mod, the less the noise, spinning unmodded is a pretty good choice cuz there is no risk really in losing it and it will attract much less attention. I used to focus more on developing style in class with tricks already well known and only practiced new tricks before class started kinda deal.

15. Zen
    Date: Thu, Mar 6 2014 01:15:05

There is an incredibly easy solution to your conundrum. Just teach everyone else how to spin, and then you won't be alone. And then revolt........ - Zen

16. Shiftyei
    Date: Thu, Mar 6 2014 03:25:39

Jeez @Zen There really is just a single solution. It's simple, really. We start the revolution.

17. LightSpinner
    Date: Thu, Mar 6 2014 04:44:07

You really will be constantly dropping the pen with any trick you don't have completely down. Like Reason said, it's probably better to find a pen that is silent (some grips and preferably no tips), or to spin on top of a soft surface, (e.g your jacket).

18. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Mar 6 2014 15:47:38

What if you only spin between classes or the 1st 5 minutes while everyone else is getting their books and stuff ready . I know school could be boring but do not waste your time in class only for practicing some tricks you can always practice at home but you can not ask the teacher to explain some stuff while you're at home

19. spenpinner
    Date: Thu, Mar 6 2014 22:01:09

Theoretically any trick that never lets go of the pen to allow momentum to take control (sonic, twisted sonic, pass, charge), but that's only theory. Its still possible to drop the pen in those cases due to random hand spasms/cramps/amputations.

20. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Thu, Mar 6 2014 23:01:51

You could just keep doing Thumbaround. That's pretty hard to drop, isn't it? :excited: [COLOR="white"]^ Yes friends, 'tis a joke.[/COLOR] That being said, any sort of trick involving just Wipers sounds like a pretty solid choice to me...

21. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Mar 8 2014 13:03:12

Triangle passes, tipped sonic links, pass variations, etc

22. MPC
    Date: Tue, Apr 15 2014 16:56:58

@Sequiture If you want quiet, go for an unsharpened pencil with rubber tips covered by foam grips. Stealth ninja pencil! :D mpc

23. nobody444
    Date: Thu, May 8 2014 02:17:12

Have a notebook or soft folder under you while spinning, it quietens the drop

24. Zen
    Date: Thu, May 8 2014 19:26:26

nobody444 wrote: Have a notebook or soft folder under you while spinning, it quietens the drop
    "quietens" is not a word. It would be "lessens the noise" or "silences the drop" Also i find that when you have a mod with "fatgrips" it doesn't make a sound at all. Try to look for some grips and stack them