UPSB v4

Forum Games / Mafia Anyone?

1. Zen
    Date: Tue, Mar 4 2014 23:32:22

I was just reading the mafia games and i thought why the hell don't we have this now? With World Cup, the non spinners have nothing to do. So i propose a new game. If any of the old guys want to play, feel free to sign up. @Miku OK i got about 5 people interested. I think it warrants an update. [SIZE="4"]Da Game[/SIZE] Basically, you guys are part of a village. In the village there are people who kill, Mafia . The villagers have to figure out whom the mafia is. You can ask questions, comment, or whatever in the form of an post. The game is primarily focused on the use of your deductive skills. The Mafia or assassins can try to "trick" the other players, in order to live longer. There are other roles, such as Doctor, JailKeeper, Cop and etc. Read the character roles for full depth information on each character. There are two phases Night -Everyone is asleep and the Mafia can kill someone Day - Everyone is awake and is free to post. [SIZE="3"]Powers [/SIZE] -The Villager can [B]Lynch[/B] someone. However a majority has to rule against that person. So lets say the Greg was voted to be lynched by Fred, Fred would have to convince the other villagers why he should be lynched, and vice verse. -The Mafia has the ability to target and kill someone. During the night. The mafia can pm each other during the night phase and choose one person to be killed. [SIZE="4"]Da Rules[/SIZE] Note: if you are not playing in this game, do not post!!! I will report all non-players posts. If you want to sign up look at the Sign Up thread!!! You can watch the game though. Please do not be offended while playing, it's just a game. Moderator/Host?- Zen (Not part of the game) Rules: 1) It will be a Day Start. 2) Each day will last roughly 72 hours, each night will last 48 hours. This is at the discretion of the moderator. Extension is possible. 3) 51% of the players will be required to Lynch. When 51% is reached lynching will be automatic so be careful with your vote. 4) Do not quote / screenshot any PM you receive. You may paraphrase any information you receive via PM, though. 5) Do not reveal your teammates. 6) Town people normally may only communicate through the game thread. Mafia may also communicate secretely via PM during the night. 7) If you're eliminated, do not post in the game thread anymore and do not communicate with anybody still playing. 8) If you have any questions please pm the moderator. 9) Have Fun! 10) You cannot edit your post. If you make a mistake, simply double-post your correction. If you vote and decide to cancel your vote right after, simply post another post with your change of vote. Double-post is allowed in this thread. 11) Lynch vote must follow the following format: UNVOTE : Player A VOTE : Player B If you don't vote in bold, your vote won't count. You may change your vote at any time by "unvoting" and re-voting in a subsequent post [B](Do not edit your previous post)[/B]. You only have one vote active per day. 12) You can vote for No Lynch. If successful, the day passes without a lynch. NOTE: When you receive your role do not leak it to anyone. Game Setup information: The setup used is 2of4. The role setup will be chosen at random between those 6 possibilities: 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Townies, Cop, Doctor. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Townies, Cop, Jailkeeper. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Townies, Doctor, Jailkeeper. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Townies, Cop. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Townies, Jailkeeper. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Townies, Doctor. (which setup is actually chosen will not be revealed publicly) There will always be two mafia players and seven town players. Here are the possible role PMs sent to each player: Mafia-Aligned players: Mafia Goon:

[SIZE="2"]
      You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, name. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace. [*]During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched. [*]During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via ) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. [*]You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle. [*]You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role.
    [/SIZE]
    Mafia Role Cop:
    [SIZE="2"]
      You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, name. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace. [*]During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched. [*]As a Role cop, you have the ability to determine the role of one player every night. [*]Your ability will always work unless you are roleblocked. [*]Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate. You will then receive information about the role of the player. [*]During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via ) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. [*]You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle. [*]You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role.
    [/SIZE]
    Town-Aligned players: Townie:
    [SIZE="2"]
      You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity. [*]You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest. [*]Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage! [*]At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. [*]You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role.
    [/SIZE]
    Cop:
    [SIZE="2"]
      You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad. [*]Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate. [*]The Moderator will inform you as to that person's guilt or innocence. [*]At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. [*]In this game, you will always get a correct result. If you are roleblocked, you will get no result. [*]You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role
    [/SIZE]
    Doctor:
    [SIZE="2"]
      You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm. [*]Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect. [*]If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared. [*]You may not protect yourself. [*]At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. [*]Your protection will always work unless you are roleblocked. [*]You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role. Thank you[/SIZE
    Jailkeeper:
    [SIZE="2"]
      you are the local jailkeeper, and can imprison people to spend a night in jail. [*]Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to jail. [*]The player will be unable to use any power in jail (roleblocked). [*]If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared. [*]You may not jail yourself. [*]At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. [*]Your jailing will always work unless you are roleblocked. [*]You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role. Thank you
    [/SIZE]

2. Soren
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 00:01:23

I don't know how to play the game but I'm interested.

3. Pudels Kern
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 00:43:27

I'm considered a non spinner? I'm still involved with WC and I have no time for mafia right now.

4. Tentcell
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 02:54:20

I'd be down with it I suppose.

5. Zen
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 02:59:03

Pudels Kern wrote: I'm considered a non spinner? I'm still involved with WC and I have no time for mafia right now.
    Haha I just copied the names from game 10. No problem, I got two people who are interested. Come On guys @Zombo We need more people. I will update with a list of rules or you can find it yourself.

6. Reason
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 03:03:10

yeah ill pass. not really interested in games.

7. Quake
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 04:21:53

I suppose I shall join.~

8. fang
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 13:21:35

I am interest, if someone explains to me how this works!

9. ShadowParadox
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 13:49:11

Me too, but wtf is mafia?

10. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 20:28:26

sure ill go for it

11. Quake
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 20:55:25

Ah, so we're just playing with the basic villager/mafia roles eh? Nothing like doctors, serial killers, etc?

12. Zen
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 20:59:16

Game Setup information: The setup used is 2of4. The role setup will be chosen at random between those 6 possibilities: 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Townies, Cop, Doctor. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Townies, Cop, Jailkeeper. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Townies, Doctor, Jailkeeper. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Townies, Cop. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Townies, Jailkeeper. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Townies, Doctor. (which setup is actually chosen will not be revealed publicly) There will always be two mafia players and seven town players. Here are the possible role PMs sent to each player: Mafia-Aligned players: Mafia Goon:

[SIZE="2"]
      You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, name. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace. [*]During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched. [*]During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via ) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. [*]You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle. [*]You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role.
    [/SIZE]
    Mafia Role Cop:
    [SIZE="2"]
      You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, name. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace. [*]During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched. [*]As a Role cop, you have the ability to determine the role of one player every night. [*]Your ability will always work unless you are roleblocked. [*]Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate. You will then receive information about the role of the player. [*]During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via ) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. [*]You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle. [*]You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role.
    [/SIZE]
    Town-Aligned players: Townie:
    [SIZE="2"]
      You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity. [*]You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest. [*]Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage! [*]At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. [*]You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role.
    [/SIZE]
    Cop:
    [SIZE="2"]
      You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad. [*]Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate. [*]The Moderator will inform you as to that person's guilt or innocence. [*]At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. [*]In this game, you will always get a correct result. If you are roleblocked, you will get no result. [*]You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role
    [/SIZE]
    Doctor:
    [SIZE="2"]
      You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm. [*]Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect. [*]If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared. [*]You may not protect yourself. [*]At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. [*]Your protection will always work unless you are roleblocked. [*]You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role. Thank you[/SIZE
    Jailkeeper:
    [SIZE="2"]
      you are the local jailkeeper, and can imprison people to spend a night in jail. [*]Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to jail. [*]The player will be unable to use any power in jail (roleblocked). [*]If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared. [*]You may not jail yourself. [*]At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. [*]Your jailing will always work unless you are roleblocked. [*]You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not. [*]Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role. Thank you
    [/SIZE]

13. Soren
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2014 22:11:02

/in

14. Tentcell
    Date: Thu, Mar 6 2014 00:41:07

/in

15. Court34
    Date: Thu, Mar 6 2014 23:01:47

Sounds interesting. I don't post much but the game seems fun.

16. jet
    Date: Fri, Mar 7 2014 07:08:57

/in i played one or two a long time ago

17. Xzeria
    Date: Mon, Mar 10 2014 19:50:13

I'm iiiiiiiin.

18. jet
    Date: Tue, Mar 11 2014 06:01:22

@Zen we have 10-11 people /in; how many do we need to start? Don't remember D:

19. Spytos
    Date: Tue, Mar 11 2014 10:58:10

I'm thinking about it if I join...[B]But I'm interested in the word MAFIA[/B] so... 50/50...

20. Zen
    Date: Tue, Mar 11 2014 19:39:31

[QUOTE=jet;278379]@Spytos I presume you guys are interested and plan on playing? If not please post that you cannot play, YOU MUST BE ACTIVE Deadline: March 17 6 Days Join Join Join

21. Soren
    Date: Tue, Mar 11 2014 20:17:20

I've already /inned

22. Solid
    Date: Tue, Mar 11 2014 21:25:36

/in ive played at school :3

23. fang
    Date: Tue, Mar 11 2014 23:54:19

/in!~

24. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Mar 12 2014 03:28:15

I already said yes...

25. jet
    Date: Wed, Mar 12 2014 05:52:19

yeah im still /in and active -.-

26. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Wed, Mar 12 2014 06:56:09

Yeah sure.

27. Tentcell
    Date: Wed, Mar 12 2014 15:47:13

This is my third time /inning

28. Quake
    Date: Wed, Mar 12 2014 21:08:33

/in. -.-

29. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Mar 13 2014 02:54:05

I won't have time to play, but I will follow when I can, great to see it coming back. I also have shorter variants of this game we can try if anybody is interested later (requires less players as well), those I can host myself.

30. Zen
    Date: Thu, Mar 13 2014 18:55:11

Alright no problem @Zombo. I actually wanted to try playing The Resistance. I played with some friends (with a deck of cards) and the game is more psychologically advanced, in my opinion that mafia. It is simple but elegant. Very good game. I plan on maybe hosting that one or if you plan to host it; i will play.

31. Spytos
    Date: Sun, Mar 16 2014 16:29:54

/in just clarify the rules, can't understand enough... "".-

32. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sun, Mar 16 2014 20:36:55

We starting tomorrow. :D

33. jet
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 00:26:10

So...I guess we've started? can you post a list of everyone who is playing?

34. Crisk
    Date: Wed, Mar 19 2014 00:50:18

Is it too late to join? :3

35. Zen
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 20:17:46

Crisk wrote: Is it too late to join? :3
    Sorry the game has already started I can reserve you for the next game

36. Zen
    Date: Thu, Mar 20 2014 20:24:34

Signups are now closed! Day 1 has started HERE /closed