UPSB v4

Board Help / how do i reply?

1. blacke kat
    Date: Tue, Mar 4 2014 05:43:31

hi. I'm not sure exactly what I am doing wrong. I have replied to people's posts or the questions they have asked, and have been told I am bumping threads or something. I don't know if I am just posting in the wrong section of the page, or what.

2. Dakrowl
    Date: Tue, Mar 4 2014 06:35:12

Just don't bump old threads. Like no one even cares about the question anymore so it's best if you don't answer. People don't like it when you bring up old posts

3. Reason
    Date: Tue, Mar 4 2014 06:38:16

blacke kat wrote: hi. I'm not sure exactly what I am doing wrong. I have replied to people's posts or the questions they have asked, and have been told I am bumping threads or something. I don't know if I am just posting in the wrong section of the page, or what.
    first off, make sure you have read the rules: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=6&p=151&viewfull=1#post151 what you seem to be doing is reviving old threads. if someone posted a question a year ago and you answer it now, its likely that their question has already been answered. to be honest, there are already too many of those types of threads. reviving a thread that already has replicas is pretty pointless since the question has probably been answered before. just remember to search for a thread before making a new one, and dont bother posting on an inactive thread if the topic of issue has been resolved.

4. Zen
    Date: Tue, Mar 4 2014 21:49:19

Hey Zen here again. Perhaps i was a little too harsh. If you want to post just look at the last post that was posted and the relative time. If the last post was posted three years ago and the question has been resolved, then you know not to post there unless, you have a similar problem. There are some threads that are not subject to this rule. For example, the FingerPass Normal thread, no matter how long ago the last post was you can still post if you have a question or answer. Also BUMPing means to [B]B[/B]ring [B]U[/B]p [B]M[/B]y [B]P[/B]ost. Hence the name BUMP. By bumping a really old thread you are "reviving the thread" or "Necro Bumping" People generally dislike this, especially in the trade forums. I hope this helps, and don't let me or anyone else stop you from posting, just make sure you are dsing it correctly. Stay on the forums and hope to see you around. Regards Zen P.S If you need an mx pm me. :)