UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / Linkages or power tricks?

1. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 10:00:04

After spinning for around half a year. I've realised that I've spent most of that time learning busts, palmspins and other power tricks but I still can only do single palmspin-> fl ta, triple busts and single spreads, so I haven't really made much progress and when I try to practise linkages, I realise I'm crap. Was that the right thing to do or should I practise linkages instead of power tricks?

2. Reason
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 15:08:24

hm... i dont see why you cant practice both. usually practicing for me is freestyling until i find a combo or linkage that i want to work on. then i usually grind that combo for a while. when i get tired of that i just practice raw power. to me, practicing linkages takes more work than practicing power so i find a balance there.

3. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 15:18:36

why not have both? practice more

4. Dern Goid
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 16:07:34

5. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 18:10:10

I guess that I don't practise linkages because I don't know what useful linkages to practise. Like I only know bak-> fl ta rev, neo bak -> pinky bak and sym bak .

6. juzzle
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 19:23:16

then try to copy combos

7. Shiftyei
    Date: Sun, Feb 23 2014 19:35:14

What I usually do is practice cont tricks as a nice warmup, then for freestyling I try to work my way from a random trick to a completely diffrent trick, using diffrent tricks to connect them. For example, I might start off with a pinkybak, and to get to a twisted cobra bite, I would do sonics, flush sonic, passes, or other tricks that would work my way up the hand, if that makes sense =)

8. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, Feb 23 2014 23:03:36

When I was at that stage I spend a lot of time copying combos from JEB spinners like kuzu, seven, ayatori, etc That's a good way to make your hand and fingers learn new movements.