UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Kinda new but I need some pointers

1. Shakblade2
    Date: Sun, Feb 16 2014 06:46:55

So i started spinning a while ago and now I'm still learning the fundamentals and I'm happy with slowly working on the fluency of my figure passes, inverse sonic, charge, and arounds. I'm using a bic mod which seems to work just fine, but i have a problem with learning the normal sonic because i learned the inverse sonic somewhere else first and now i can get the concept of pulling my middle figure down instead of leaving it up. I was just wondering if i could get some more pointers. Also this is my first post on this website and i would love to get some input on how long it takes to master a few things. I have been pen spinning non-stop for 5 days and I've gotten some tricks to look presentable. Anyway ya, and input, tips, or just general discussion about the topic would be nice. Thanks In Advance.

2. Zelphus
    Date: Sun, Feb 16 2014 07:36:28

Hi there shakblade 2,Welcome to UPSB.It seemed like there still a lot more for you to learn as a beginner.As a fact,you shouldn't learn Inverse Sonic so fast and early but you should learn normal sonic first because that is one of the fundamentals.You can also learn other fundamentals such as Charge Reverse,fingerpass and shadow.If you have any problems,you can always Private Message(PM) me and I will reply you within 24 hours time. ~Zelphus

3. DioBrando
    Date: Sun, Feb 16 2014 08:21:00

practice the motion of touching your ring and index together whilst moving your middle finger in. perform a regular charge then use that motion.

4. Shakblade2
    Date: Sun, Feb 16 2014 08:35:51

@Zelphus Oh I already learned the inverse sonic, I picked it up off a friend who taught me it a while back, so now I know how to do the inverse but not the regular xD. And DioBrando Thanks for the input I think that may help a lot.

5. Zen
    Date: Sun, Feb 16 2014 15:39:28

Zelphus i believe is incorrect. There are no rules for learning tricks. So technically you can learn them in any order. In my opinion it is actually better that you learned the inverse sonic before the regular. This is mostly because more people can help you with the regular sonic. Anyway if you know of the Sonic Clip then you will understand the motion. What you are doing is pretty much what DioBrando said. You want to launch the pen,(It depends on which one you are doing, but in this case i will be hence forth be using the 2,3 sonic, holding the pen in between the middle and ring finger) and have your index and ring finger meet. Picture this, take your hand and fold in your middle finger. Do you see how your index and ring finger kind of curl at each other? This is where you want the pen to be. Just practice this first and you will be well on your way. Also post HERE for any other inquiries Good Luck Zen .

6. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Feb 16 2014 21:48:20

Shakblade2 wrote: So i started spinning a while ago and now I'm still learning the fundamentals and I'm happy with slowly working on the fluency of my figure passes, inverse sonic, charge, and arounds. I'm using a bic mod which seems to work just fine, but i have a problem with learning the normal sonic because i learned the inverse sonic somewhere else first and now i can get the concept of pulling my middle figure down instead of leaving it up. I was just wondering if i could get some more pointers. Also this is my first post on this website and i would love to get some input on how long it takes to master a few things. I have been pen spinning non-stop for 5 days and I've gotten some tricks to look presentable. Anyway ya, and input, tips, or just general discussion about the topic would be nice. Thanks In Advance.
    hey WELCOME TO UPSB :D! im raiz, if you have any quesitons about anything at anytime please ask me and ill get back to you asap :D! please, dont hesitate to ask, its what im here for ^^ I would give ya some pointers but it seems some other members have already given you some :). again, if you need anything ill be more than happy to help you! I hope you enjoy your time on upsb and penspinnning just as much as we do :D!

7. fang
    Date: Sun, Feb 16 2014 21:58:34

/Moved