UPSB v4

Forum Games / WC Betting Game - 2014 Edition!

1. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Jan 11 2014 17:05:55

Welcome to the 2014 edition of the World Cup betting game! Each round, you will be betting on each match, as well as the outcome of entire battles. The twist this year is that you can make bets at different times: 1) before lineups are revealed 2) before videos are revealed 3) before results are revealed. The earlier you bet, the more points you get! Here's the points breakdown: Betting before lineups You are betting based only on the teams fighting each other, without knowing the spinners involved. Predicting a team wins: 5 pts Predicting a match win: 10 pts -- this means you predict a certain battle (ie. artistic, technical, double) before you even know who are battling! Predicting a team draw: 50 pts Predicting a match draw: 50 pts BONUS BETS: Predicting a spinner will be assigned to a certain matchup: 1pt (maximum 3 bets per round) Betting before videos You are betting based on the spinners matched up against each other, without seeing the videos. Predicting a team wins: 3 pts Predicting a match win: 3 pts Predicting a team draw: 25 pts Predicting a match draw: 25 pts Betting before results You are betting based on the videos released, before results are released (obviously!) Predicting a team wins: 1 pt Predicting a match win: 1 pt Predicting a team draw: 15 pts Predicting a match draw: 15 pts --------------------- Each round, you will therefore be betting 4 times per battle. You can send partial bets earlier (to score more points) and then finish the rest later (for less points). However, once you bet something, it is locked in! You cannot change your mind after seeing the videos for example. You do not lose points if you bet incorrectly. The format example: -------------- FPSB vs. THPSC- FPSB wins Artistic - FPSB wins Technical - THPSC wins Double - FPSB wins S777 in Artistic -------------- Send your bets via PM. For convenience, if you send multiple messages, do send previous bets in the same message and indicate when they were sent.

2. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sat, Jan 11 2014 17:08:12

I think an interesting addition is to add predictions for the battle line-ups!

3. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Jan 11 2014 17:08:48

Erirornal Kraione wrote: I think an interesting addition is to add predictions for the battle line-ups!
    you mean predict what spinners each team will send and where?

4. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sat, Jan 11 2014 17:10:22

Zombo wrote: you mean predict what spinners each team will send and where?
    Correct. :)

5. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Jan 11 2014 17:14:22

ok.

6. fang
    Date: Mon, Jan 13 2014 09:29:58

Going for maximum points, PM sent before the line-ups.

7. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:06:29

fang wrote: Going for maximum points, PM sent before the line-ups.
    you can bet for the other 3 battles too, now or after

8. fang
    Date: Mon, Jan 13 2014 17:03:06

Zombo wrote: you can bet for the other 3 battles too, now or after
    Good idea, I am on it! ;) Although this battle was the only one I am almost sure about.

9. fang
    Date: Tue, Feb 11 2014 14:55:27

I doubt this is still up, my betting was really really bad!