UPSB v4

General Discussion / Tutorial streams

1. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 19:24:08

I was wondering if anyone would watch tutorial streams for pen spinning if I held them, where you'd be able to ask about help on certain tricks or links, working on technical skills etc. They would probably be 1-2 hours long each, and likely held on livestream or Twitch, I haven't decided yet.

2. Whirlpool
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 19:28:52

Sounds like a good idea, I'd like to see how it would go.

3. kvanimation
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 20:21:16

go for it

4. fang
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 21:38:48

Maybe we can make an event of that, more like asking the "pro" live. I am also interest to broadcast and to watch.

5. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 21:42:17

When would be a good time for a stream trial run, perhaps tomorrow on the weekend where you all have free time

6. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 22:04:03

This is why we have tinychat.

7. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 22:30:15

It's not a solid event, tinychat doesn't focus on a single topic and if anyome else broadcasts they can ruin the focus of other watchers and the streamers, because it's so open. It's good for chatting and webcam talking but not for teaching @Zkhan

8. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 22:43:31

eurocracy wrote: It's not a solid event, tinychat doesn't focus on a single topic and if anyome else broadcasts they can ruin the focus of other watchers and the streamers, because it's so open. It's good for chatting and webcam talking but not for teaching @Zkhan
    Then you can easily host private lessons on Skype or even our secondary chat room 'VideoChat' which no one uses. Simply set up a date and time if people are interested. I believe private skype discussion groups are ideal for sharing ideas and providing tutorial services for those who want them.

9. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 22:53:09

Zkhan wrote: Then you can easily host private lessons on Skype or even our secondary chat room 'VideoChat' which no one uses. Simply set up a date and time if people are interested. I believe private skype discussion groups are ideal for sharing ideas and providing tutorial services for those who want them.
    I've done private lessons on skype before, the skype network can be a pain, and you need to pay for any more than one person if you want video. I've never seen this other chatroom, but rest assured I'm not after a video chat service, because once it's noticed, I can't have any control over what goes on, so streams could be pretty much stopped by a group of people chatting in it. In a stream you can't get hijacked and you can stick to the right topic. A tinychat clone doesn't fix the issues that tinychat brings, and private skype groups between friends aren't open to newcomers.

10. Soren
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 23:01:24

10/10 would watch

11. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Jan 3 2014 23:11:19

eurocracy wrote: I've done private lessons on skype before, the skype network can be a pain, and you need to pay for any more than one person if you want video. I've never seen this other chatroom, but rest assured I'm not after a video chat service, because once it's noticed, I can't have any control over what goes on, so streams could be pretty much stopped by a group of people chatting in it. In a stream you can't get hijacked and you can stick to the right topic. A tinychat clone doesn't fix the issues that tinychat brings, and private skype groups between friends aren't open to newcomers.
    A skype group does not need to be restricted to a handful of friends. You simply have them add you. If you're planning on making this a long term project, then I suggest you invest the money in skype premium. This allows for others to video chat even if they don't have the subscription package, as long as they're in the same call as you. But it looks like you're looking for a different platform. I guess you can use livestream or oovoo. It's all up to you man.

12. neXus
    Date: Sat, Jan 4 2014 00:39:15

eurocracy wrote: Twitch
    They are video game content only. MTG is the only thing non-videogame that is being streamed on Twitch.

13. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Jan 4 2014 01:36:10

neXus wrote: They are video game content only. MTG is the only thing non-videogame that is being streamed on Twitch.
    Oooh okay

14. Kemu
    Date: Sat, Jan 4 2014 01:42:40

use something like join.me. its a screen share website and you can just poilt a webcam to your hand and instead of recording it just screenshare it. it kinda lags tho....

15. ChowCow
    Date: Sat, Jan 4 2014 03:53:04

It is a must. I would personally love that

16. Giotto
    Date: Sat, Jan 4 2014 14:41:49

Very interesting. maybe you should try it on weekend or holiday or prime time here, so that there'll be more people watching/broadcasting. i'll be looking forward to it.