UPSB v4

The Vault / Weekly MX combos?

1. Reason
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 17:11:22

so i had this idea and i though i would come to the vault before throwing it out into the open. [SIZE="5"]what is it?[/SIZE] the idea is to have a specified day of the week in which people post a video of their mx spinning. i generalize spinning because i dont want to restrict it to just combos. i think people should be able to post a mini combo, linkage, or even a power trick of some kind if they want. [SIZE="5"]the rules[/SIZE] 1. the clip must be uploaded/posted on the specified day. [SPOILER="clarification"]i dont want people to just post old clips from months ago... it should be a new clip each week. if you film a combo several days before the specified day then its fine as long as you upload it on the specified day. but in the case that you cant upload it/post it on specified day, you will be allowed to do so later in the week. (im not gonna be too harsh on this rule since i know a lot of people are too busy to upload).[/SPOILER] 2. the pen used must be an RSVP MX or simple variation [SPOILER="clarification"]what i mean is that it can be a subbed mx for personal preference (like the toro mx) but it must still keep the general concept of the rsvp mx. in other words, no mmx, no msxa, no impact mx, no mx^2, etc. a couple of acceptable variations are a signo tipped mx, an mx with hyper jell grip instead of hgg grip, an mx with supergrip and hgr tip instead of hgg grip and tip, etc.[/SPOILER] 3. the clip does not need to be a full combo. it may be a mini combo, a linkage, a power/continuous trick, or even an MX session if you want. also, [B]there is no need to post every week[/B]. you just post any week that you can/want to [SIZE="5"]why?[/SIZE] i wanted to do this for several reasons. 1. i want to increase activity on this board because, lets face it, activity has not been so great lately. 2. i personally want to improve my skill with mx and im sure there are other people who want the same thing. 3. its more motivation for people to film/spin. [SIZE="5"]please give me some feedback[/SIZE] i need you guys to tell me what you think of this so i know whether its worth going through with or not. some questions i would like you guys to answer: how many of you would try to participate regularly? are there any problems you see in the idea or the rules? if so, how should it be changed? how long do you think this would last if we start doing them? thanks for taking the time to look at this. if this gets good feedback i hope to start it by next week. if it gets bad feedback i wont be heartbroken so please be honest :)

2. fang
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 18:23:02

I got a few questions: Where where you when the UP[sb]fes was around? What if someone can't spin an MX or a variation?

3. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 18:37:37

fang wrote: I got a few questions: Where where you when the UP[sb]fes was around? What if someone can't spin an MX or a variation?
    The answer to the second question is obvious: Learn to or don't participate xD

4. Reason
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 18:39:23

fang wrote: I got a few questions: Where where you when the UP[sb]fes was around? What if someone can't spin an MX or a variation?
    1. i took part plenty in up[sb]fes. this isnt really the same thing though... except for weekly clips. 2. you mean they dont have one or they just cant spin it? well mx is one of the most (if not the most) popular mods in the world. there are plenty of people who dont have one, but they usually end up getting one eventually. rsvps are pretty common everywhere (as far as i know) and they just need a metal tip and a grip if they want a variation. as far as if they cant spin it... well thats kind of the point of this. if you cant do a full combo, just do a mini combo or linkage and work your way up.

5. LighT*
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 18:55:42

i love this idea :D! i will participate :D!

6. fang
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 20:09:09

I would join btw, forgot to mention. (If I don't forget to upload like a lot of my upfes adventures)

7. Xienix
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 20:59:31

I think it's great idea (sun) (/in) i'll try to upload every week

8. Reason
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 21:32:08

fang wrote: I would join btw, forgot to mention. (If I don't forget to upload like a lot of my upfes adventures)
    its ok if you dont upload all the time, just when you can. @Raiz also what do you guys think of making monday the specified day? i only say this because "MX MONDAY!" is pretty catchy.

9. SuperVValrus
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 22:18:28

i'll be in every week if possible. Hopefully this will give me inspiration in PS again...

10. LighT*
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 23:00:18

@Reason, i like it :D!

11. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 02:24:59

Perhaps we should stick to an already established project. up[sp]fes should be revived.

12. Reason
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 02:45:44

Zkhan wrote: Perhaps we should stick to an already established project. up[sp]fes should be revived.
    well i do understand that this has pretty much the same format as up[sb]fes, but it seemed like not many people were participating. not only that, but sometimes people couldnt meet the theme. having an mx themed project would be simple enough because nearly every spinner has one. plus people can work their way up from a linkage to a combo instead of just having to upload a combo or nothing. anyway, if people still want to do up[sb]fes then it should be revived instead of this being started. i posted this in the vault so that it doesnt start up and get criticized for being a copy of up[sb]fes or just gets abandoned...

13. SuperVValrus
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 03:22:20

got bored and made a shitty insert to use in MX's if this thing ends up happening, if anybody wants it (didn't post in show off your inserts because this idea has yet to be released)

14. Walkaz
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 04:01:31

love it, but i can only film on weekends though

15. Reason
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 04:15:46

@SuperVVarus awesome :D. that will look crazy as an insert @Walkaz it doesnt matter when you film. the idea is to just upload/post it on monday. example: you can film on saturday, upload sunday, and post it on monday... or something like that. i just dont want people to upload a video weeks beforehand then post it on the current mx monday. again, this rule wont be enforced harshly since people are too busy to post or upload on a specific date.

16. LighT*
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 04:55:20

so @Reason when this gon start im exited :D!

17. Reason
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 05:12:45

@Raiz if all goes as planned, i will start it next monday. remember that you can film any time before too.

18. fang
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 08:40:01

Making the up[fes] active again is not a good idea, it's like the SOTW. After a while it will die. These kind of projects can work if you place a goal, don't try to make this ongoing! My advise is to keep this up for (example) 3 months and then a break. Only to keep it alive, I don't want this to die as well! ;)

19. Reason
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 16:07:33

@fang i totally agree with you there. how about you assist me with some simple moderation with it? just with stuff like posting the sticky on SB and helping me figure out when we need a break. it would just easier to have a mod (and someone i trust) give me a hand

20. LighT*
    Date: Tue, Dec 17 2013 20:29:56

[QUOTE=Reason;273919]@Reason, im not a mod but would you mind if i helped? I mean, i know you dont know me well enough either to know trust me with such a position but i honestly would just love to help.

21. Reason
    Date: Wed, Dec 18 2013 02:34:34

@Raiz yeah, but im still not sure about all the stuff i will need help with so i will just figure it out along the way. thanks!

22. LighT*
    Date: Wed, Dec 18 2013 02:43:50

Reason wrote: @Raiz yeah, but im still not sure about all the stuff i will need help with so i will just figure it out along the way. thanks!
    no prob ^^

23. fang
    Date: Wed, Dec 18 2013 08:16:33

Reason wrote: @fang i totally agree with you there. how about you assist me with some simple moderation with it? just with stuff like posting the sticky on SB and helping me figure out when we need a break. it would just easier to have a mod (and someone i trust) give me a hand
    Sure, I can help out! ;) I love these kind of projects!

24. Gash
    Date: Fri, Dec 20 2013 04:27:04

First I thought this idea was dumb cause we had upfes. Then I realised I'm on holiday and have nothing to do anyways. I might as well film for a reason. Cwhutididthar?