UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Personal mod (Double Rsvp SHP) [HEAVY] Double RSVP Sharpie mod

1. Pitbull001
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 05:37:11

[B]This mod is very useful for people who live in the USA, because all of these materials are decently easy to find in the US[/B] Image of final product: click spoiler

Spoiler
    Stats: COG - COP Style - Double Sided, Writable Weight - Heavy Length - About 7.3'' [B]Matirials needed:[/B]
    Spoiler
    [COLOR="navy"] 2x Pentel RSVP's (1 whole pen, one extra back plug) 4x Papermate FlexGrip elite pens (tips) [you can use other heavy tips] 2x Grips of your choice one smaller than other (cut both in half) 2x Sharpie Ultra Fine Tip Marker/pen (caps) [break clips of completely] Tape super glue, or other glue that works on plastic scissors a sharp knife or a saw a drill [B]Tutorial:[/B] Barrel: 1. First get your rsvp
    Spoiler
    2. Now take it apart, take grip off.
    Spoiler
    3. These are the only parts you need (get out the extra RSVP back plug) :
    Spoiler
    4. Take the extra back plug and drill a hole in it. not too big or the ink tube will not stay inside, for more info look at what is done to the back plug in an rsvp mx
    Spoiler
    5. Set that aside and get the rsvp barrel, and your knife/saw and cut where knife is, in picture.
    Spoiler
    6. Now take your superglue and glue the back plug with the hole you drilled in it on the front where their is a little part left. if you cant get it to fit try wrapping some tape around that part and then gluing.
    Spoiler
    7. Now when the glue dries, push the ink tube as seen below, and measure 1.5 cm from where it starts hanging out of the pen and cut their with your scissors.
    Spoiler
    8. It should be like this
    Spoiler
    9. Now screw the other back plug on, and that is the finished barrel. [B]Caps:[/B] The tips can be put on the cap many different ways, but this is how i did it. if you have different tips this might not work for you so experiment until you find what suits you: 1. First i took two of my four tips and put the smaller grip (cut in half) on the tip like this,
    Spoiler
    2. Then i set those aside, and took out the bigger grip(s) (cut in half) and the ultra fine tip sharpie caps, and put the grips 2/3 on and 1/3 off ([COLOR="red"]IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE GRIP ON THE SIDE OF THE PEN THAT THE SHARPIE USED TO FIT INTO[/COLOR])
    Spoiler
    3. Then i took the tip (with the grip on it) and put it in/on, like this: 3a.
    Spoiler
    3b.
    Spoiler
    ( do that to both caps ) 4. Finally i took the other tips, Wraped tape around them, and put them in the other side of the pen. (keep adding tape piece by piece to the tip untill it fits snugly into the cap)
    Spoiler
    [Also to get the tip inside you can use the barrel made previously to push it up] (Do that to both sides, and your done, now put it all together) NOTE: IF THE CAPS DO NOT FIT TIGHTLY ON BARREL (LIKE THEY DIDN'T ON MINE) THEN WRAP TAPE VERY TIGHTLY AROUND THE BACK PLUGS, UNTIL THE CAPS STAY IN PLACE WHEN PUT ON BOTH SIDES. [FONT="Book Antiqua"][B][SIZE="5"]THANK YOU so much for reading this, if you build this PLEASE leave me a comment telling me, or telling me what you think. This is my first tutorial and i plan on making more in the future.[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

2. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 06:48:35

nice, grip structure looks a little sloppy though i like the idea of making a dc out of vp, too bad there s no vp in sg :<

3. SiL
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 07:08:44

@Walkaz dem feels

4. Ignator
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 10:50:21

Who asked for that tutorial?

5. Whirlpool
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 13:20:16

Noone but he made a solution to people that cant get pen parts. Parts in the US are pretty limited. I like it but i wouldnt spin it. Good job! :)

6. webspider
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 13:46:13

For the love of God and all that is holy, stop using colors in your tutorials. Thank you.

7. Whirlpool
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 15:30:59

He means the text not the parts. I got confused when he said it but yea if you are going to make more use black color text.

8. SiL
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 16:01:58

webspider wrote: For the love of God and all that is holy, stop using colors in your tutorials. Thank you.
    Definitely an eye opener

9. Zen
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 18:47:04

Interesting but not very practical. Uses FOUR flexigrip tips, Why? But I am a mx spinner so......... yeah. Not bad but I had a really hard time just reading the thing damn color text. Used the light ones too. Don't do that ever again. Regards Zen

10. Tommy
    Date: Sat, Dec 14 2013 19:35:07

:facepalm: So many grammatical errors, you could have compressed this tutorial into less steps since this mod is easy to mod. You didn't even number the steps 2, this mod really should not be considered "really heavy" 3, recommended class, expert? Now that's just stupid, why would an expert wt/wc spin this 4, weight distribution it would be much more sufficient if you used hgg or signo, i'm sure they are available in USA 5, Name of the mod, it would be recommended if you just call it something like pitbull rsvp 6, number all the steps and ensure they begin with capitals, or ensure on every new line of materials that they are capitals and the quantity is in numbers (eg 1x, 2x ,3x and 4x etc.) 7, Photo quality, could you seriously not find another background and turn flash off? 8, Fix the color of the text. You may have spent a whole hour on the tutorial but the use of time was not very effective, there are so many things you could have made better.

11. Shiftyei
    Date: Sun, Dec 15 2013 01:16:58

@Tommy no need to bash him :/ I thought he did an excellent job and had some great new concepts :)

12. Pitbull001
    Date: Sun, Dec 15 2013 01:58:34

Ok many people saying that thanks for advice I'll change it

13. Pitbull001
    Date: Sun, Dec 15 2013 02:29:18

Thanks for advice I fixed most of it. Unfortionatly hggs Are hard to find but signos are not sold many places

14. SiL
    Date: Sun, Dec 15 2013 03:34:32

Watch out for that double post there. Good mod overall

15. Tommy
    Date: Sun, Dec 15 2013 03:43:17

Shiftyei wrote: @Tommy no need to bash him :/ I thought he did an excellent job and had some great new concepts :)
    That was the second time i had to say it, i said it on the shoutbox when he asked me what do i think of it Now that is a great improvement, great tutorial man!

16. Pitbull001
    Date: Sun, Dec 15 2013 20:38:36

[QUOTE='[SilHoeTTe];273782']Watch out for that double post there. Good mod overall[/QUOTE] What's that? (Double post)

17. Shiftyei
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 01:36:05

when you post twice in a row =)

18. SiL
    Date: Mon, Dec 16 2013 03:56:41

Its not reccomended. If u want to add on to what u said, edit ur previous post and add on there, do not post twice.

19. Pitbull001
    Date: Wed, Dec 18 2013 05:07:14

Renamed mod Pitbull rsvp. Now how do I get this into (good approved tutorials section)

20. webspider
    Date: Wed, Dec 18 2013 13:34:58

Forget about that unless you: - Remove every single error - Remove all superfluous markup (no big text sizes needed, no bold fonts, even less colours (in fact, the only colour you need is red to warn people)) - Put the tutorial in one big spoiler instead of thousands of them - Take good photos - Put an useful summary at the top of the tutorial (above any spoiler) - Write it in a way that doesn't make me pluck out my nostril hair In other words: Make it nice to read, take a look at the other approved tutorials and compare. The other thing to watch out for is the mod itself. If it doesn't interest people, they don't want a tutorial. It's as simple as that. While it is a good idea to have one made from domestic parts, one needs more reason to build it, like great looks (not there), good spinnability (looks like a heavy baton) or a new concept (preferably with good execution). All of that is why people don't come up with good tutorials all the time and why so few ones are in the other section. So why don't you gather some more experience (you're thirteen after all, still got loads of time for that) and wait some more time before releasing the next one?

21. Bax
    Date: Wed, Dec 18 2013 15:33:20

I really like the look of it!I will try making it in future . I prefer DC mods so this RSVP will fit me :)

22. webspider
    Date: Thu, Dec 19 2013 10:36:27

Oh and this was pinned in the shoutbox recently. It explains the entire process of moving a tutorial to the approved section much clearer than my post. Read the linked template, too.

23. Whirlpool
    Date: Thu, Dec 19 2013 12:03:31

This topic... The tutorial looks a LOT better since the last time I look at it. You did a good job cleaning it up, with all those color texts! :)