UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / Palmspin -> fl ta cont. help

1. ShadowParadox
    Date: Wed, Dec 4 2013 20:15:22

Can u guys give any tips for me because after I do the first ps -> fl ta the fl ta fails and I can't do the next palmspin. Please help. Thanks.

2. Syphonfilter
    Date: Wed, Dec 4 2013 23:20:50

You have to work on the airtime, the pen should not be in constant contact with your hand

3. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Dec 5 2013 01:21:11

Syphonfilter wrote: You have to work on the airtime, the pen should not be in constant contact with your hand
    LIES get a heavy mod (buster, vgg st mod), mark centre of pen if it helps, look at slow motion of pro ppl doing this trick and try to follow their hand motion/rhythm the up down/changing angle of palm, in-out of thumb are vital so pay attention to these aspects, try to get pen to spin on same part of palm every time also, practice like crazy =D

4. Whirlpool
    Date: Thu, Dec 5 2013 01:42:34

I am having the same problem but sometimes goes on my hand but just lies there and has no momentum but only been practiced for a few days

5. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Dec 5 2013 08:08:18

Yh I am using a buster, and when I bring my hand down for the fl ta I think I am too slow to get it up again and also the pen goes to the lower part of my palm like near the pinky.

6. Syphonfilter
    Date: Thu, Dec 5 2013 08:30:08

i.suk wrote: LIES get a heavy mod (buster, vgg st mod), mark centre of pen if it helps, look at slow motion of pro ppl doing this trick and try to follow their hand motion/rhythm the up down/changing angle of palm, in-out of thumb are vital so pay attention to these aspects also, practice like crazy =D
    Man you are the only one on ps world that do palmspins flta without airtime. So i was not lying.. Watch peem videos...

7. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Dec 5 2013 08:36:58

Syphonfilter wrote: Man you are the only one on ps world that do palmspins flta without airtime. So i was not lying.. Watch peem videos...
    i'm well aware of the supposed fake/cheat 'air' method of doing power (hell, i used to do spiderspins like that myself), peem, supawit, airgear, sekai, windy, P and others use it for various tricks quite extensively (even menowa's fl ia ss sometimes has air) i still hold the view that doing tricks like that isn't correct, a palmspin has to spin on palm, otherwise it's just a fancy fl ta aerial with a really small aerial =(

8. Syphonfilter
    Date: Thu, Dec 5 2013 10:57:13

i.suk wrote: i'm well aware of the supposed fake/cheat 'air' method of doing power (hell, i used to do spiderspins like that myself), peem, supawit, airgear, sekai, windy, P and others use it for various tricks quite extensively (even menowa's fl ia ss sometimes has air) i still hold the view that doing tricks like that isn't correct, a palmspin has to spin on palm, otherwise it's just a fancy fl ta aerial with a really small aerial =(
    It's your point of view (a master point of view though), it depends on how people consider to link palmspin to fl ta. The pen can jump, but can also slide, it depends. Actually every fl trick has a small aerial part in my opinion, maybe pun new and palmspin fl ta are the only fl tricks that don't need necessarily airtime. But i can be wrong because i have never seen someone spin a pen live except for myself, i learn on youtube :S

9. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Dec 5 2013 15:38:20

@i.suk when's your solo no. 6 coming out?

10. Infiknight
    Date: Mon, Dec 9 2013 12:47:06

yeah must the palm be really straight for the pen to spin on?

11. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Mar 13 2014 16:00:33

Ok, so I've got the first palmspin-> flta but on the second palm spin the pen is all the way on the pinky side, help? And also on the next fl ta it is really hard to do, cause I can't get the pen to go around the thumb?

12. Monk
    Date: Thu, Mar 13 2014 20:33:50

Infiknight wrote: yeah must the palm be really straight for the pen to spin on?
    You push your fingers down to elevate the top part of your hand.

13. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Mar 13 2014 20:53:23

What? I want the pen to stay below my index finger after the fl ta? @Monk

14. Monk
    Date: Thu, Mar 13 2014 20:58:30

It's the same concept as the shadow, I think, you just turn your hand to make the pen move more near the index.

15. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Mar 14 2014 02:27:59

Monk wrote: It's the same concept as the shadow, I think, you just turn your hand to make the pen move more near the index.
    No. @ShadowParadox You can try starting with fl ta into palm spin. That should help you practice with getting the palm spin directly in the spot you want (at least it helped for me). Now for the palm to fl ta part, Idk what to do about that lol.

16. Reason
    Date: Fri, Mar 14 2014 02:35:05

@ShadowParadox what jacky said. also, remember to raise your entire hand upwards when you go into the palmspin after the flta.

17. ShadowParadox
    Date: Fri, Mar 14 2014 08:01:25

@JackyMacky i don't know if it's my timing or I don't have enough power on my fl ta but when I try that linkage the pen doesn't do as many revolutions as normal?

18. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Mar 14 2014 19:31:00

ShadowParadox wrote: i don't know if it's my timing or I don't have enough power on my fl ta but when I try that linkage the pen doesn't do as many revolutions as normal?
    This means you need more work on your fl ta. Just keep practicing that linkage or you can practice fl ta cont. Another big tip I got from Reason awhile back was to practice ta release cont; this actually does help a bit in muscle memory. Perform the ta release as if you are cupping the pen, shown in the video below:

19. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Mar 15 2014 15:32:47

JackyMacky wrote: This means you need more work on your fl ta. Just keep practicing that linkage or you can practice fl ta cont. Another big tip I got from Reason awhile back was to practice ta release cont; this actually does help a bit in muscle memory. Perform the ta release as if you are cupping the pen, shown in the video below:
    thanks jackymacky, btw when i saw your pic i was like omfg is fucking peem!!!!!:)