UPSB v4

Off-topic / Help me choose where to study?

1. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, Nov 8 2013 14:42:05

Hi, I'm currently in the last year of my high school. I plan to study in bachelor of civil engineering in my university years. If you have nothing better to do right now, then please do help me decide or give opinions. :) There are two faculties/programmes in a famous university in Thailand which I'm interested in. SIIT: Pros: - One of the very first international programs in engineering in Thailand. Popular, good reputation. - Has its own buildings. Huge ones. - Offers 1 semester or 1 year exchange program at: Click for colourful version [see the second slide] CANADA • University of Waterloo THE UNITED KINGDOM • Northumbria University PORTUGAL • Technical University of Lisbon GERMANY • Technische Universität München (TUM) • Technische UniversitätDarmstadt(TUD) • University of Siegen • University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten • Kaiserslautern University of Applied Sciences • Munich University of Applied Sciences THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA • University of Maryland • Clemson University SWITZERLAND • Geneva School of Business Administration, University of Applied Science FINLAND • Helsinki Metropolia, University of Applied Sciences JAPAN • Toyohashi University of Technology • The University of Tokyo • Kochi University of Technology • Kyushu Institute of Technology • Kanazawa University • Tohoku University • Keio University • Hiroshima University • Hokkaido University • Okayama University • Tokyo Metropolitan University • University of Hyogo • Waseda University • Chiba University • Osaka Institute of Technology • Japan Advanced Institute of Sciences and Technology (JAIST) • National Institute for Environmental Studies(NIES) AUSTRALIA • Deakin University TAIWAN • ChiaNan University of Pharmacy and Science FRANCE • Institut Supérieur d’Electronique de Paris (ISEP) • “n+i”Network of Engineering Institutes • EPITECH Sure, it has huge list but can choose only one. I'd prefer to go to somewhere in Europe or America. Cons: - Challenging. High standards for students [Not sure if bad or not, actually] * ^ I'm already chosen to study in this university TEP: Pros: - 2 graduation certificates in engineering after graduation[Thailand + Aboard] *** - Two years in Thailand and two years aboard at either: • NU (University of Nottingham), England • NSWU (University of New South Wales), Australia - i.suk is in NSWU. IT HAZ I.SUK Cons: - Relatively new. Not well known to public as of now. - Share classrooms with thai programme students. Ye. Pretty much everything I know. help plox =/

2. Soren
    Date: Fri, Nov 8 2013 15:16:21

What are you looking for in a university? And do you want to study abroad?

3. Yamaguchi
    Date: Fri, Nov 8 2013 15:38:08

SIIT >> japan gathering everyday and hentai verywhere well , srsly, i'll choose japan

4. Chobi
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 01:39:20

Lisbon, and TUM were on my personal list last year, that's my vote. Wait, wtf I graduated earlier than you? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

5. Laugh
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 03:20:35

@Enkronidus Come to America :D I heard from my brother and friends who are seniors that UMD is ranked 18th for engineering or something :P

6. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 11:01:59

Yamaguchi wrote: SIIT >> japan gathering everyday and hentai verywhere well , srsly, i'll choose japan
    Don't choose Japan for the reason of being a Weaboo.

7. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 11:04:09

Don't let others choose for you. That can be the biggest regret in your entire life. This is your decision to make.

8. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 14:56:45

eurocracy wrote: Don't choose Japan for the reason of being a Weaboo.
    This is a stupid post, this post should be deleted

9. DioBrando
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 23:58:54

university of SWAG and hogworts of witchcraft and wizardry

10. L-in
    Date: Mon, Nov 11 2013 05:55:58

I will offer you a big welcome if you decide to come to UWaterloo Canada :D :D :D

11. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, Nov 11 2013 06:58:20

Choose the 1st then come meet me at tu darmstadt. That's where I'm studying computer science.

12. Enkronidus
    Date: Thu, Nov 14 2013 14:07:12

Supergirl wrote: What are you looking for in a university? And do you want to study abroad?
    Civil engineering in international programme. Yeah. Only two of all universities in Thailand meet my requirement, so I listed only both above. Either of them is fine for me. Super honestly, the whole point of why I made this thread is actually more about 'Where should I go on exchange' To be even MORE specific - Which country has the highest percentage of you seeing hot girls passing by all the time, at any time and place given [Preferably, caucasian w/ at least C-cup] - Beautiful atmosphere/environment/view and epic places to hang out - Also, in which country do you meet pen spinners the most I'm considering University of Waterloo, since it's in Canada, which is the place where my idol Avril Lavigne originated from. [Yes, that has nothing to do with anything at all] LOL Second is Germany. Candidate for hottest girls in the list? I would be able to get a 3rd language from there, so it seems like it's kind of worth it.

13. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Nov 14 2013 15:16:38

Just come around the time for gpc gather then enjoy the japanese spinners sparking promised to bring.

14. Nashi
    Date: Thu, Nov 14 2013 15:18:17

[QUOTE=Enkronidus]- Which country has the highest percentage of you seeing hot girls passing by all the time, at any time and place given [Preferably, caucasian w/ at least C-cup][/QUOTE] You seem desperate.

15. Soren
    Date: Thu, Nov 14 2013 15:42:32

Nashi wrote: You seem desperate.
    ^ This.

16. webspider
    Date: Thu, Nov 14 2013 17:56:47

Cologne >>>>> Darmstadt when it comes to cupsizes. Then, that shouldn't be your reason to visit either city. Have you never heard the saying "Bros beforeHoes"?

17. Tentcell
    Date: Thu, Nov 14 2013 21:10:58

Pls don't come to America if you're having penspinners help you choose where to study, ty

18. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Nov 15 2013 01:06:37

Just trust your gut, if you start thinking too much about it you will make a shitty decision. The more you think the more you stink.

19. XYZaki
    Date: Fri, Nov 15 2013 04:52:43

Nashi wrote: You seem desperate.
    Gskyrunner has always been into voluptuous western women. It's just his thing ok.

20. Nashi
    Date: Fri, Nov 15 2013 08:40:19

Ok.

21. Gash
    Date: Fri, Nov 15 2013 10:14:41

I too am facing the troubles of deciding which University I'm attending next year for my course. Well that's partly because I'm stuck between the two decisions of either Medicine or Engineering =__=" Cause I don't really know what I want to take. But my final decision is going to be to go to the best ranked University I applied for in that course. I'm not going to let others influence my decision lol.

22. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, Nov 15 2013 12:21:29

^ What a kawaii post <3

XYZaki;272393]Gskyrunner has always been into voluptuous western women. It's just his thing ok.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Nashi wrote: Ok.
    I'm glad everything is settled. Thanks everyone. Every single post here has helped out a lot. [in subtle way, mostly] I'll consider every information I receive again, and see if it actually changes the decision I have already had before I made this thread