UPSB v4

Trading / Buying / Paradox's Cheap Pen Cases

1. Paradoxianism
    Date: Thu, Nov 7 2013 20:08:16

Hello! I'm new to this UPSB, and fairly new to penspinning. One of the problems I had was finding a proper place to store my pens. I needed something that could easily be carried around school, but it isn't too easy to find something that'd do that job in a store (bags are either too big or too small). So I came up with a little something. [B]http://fiverr.com/paradoxianism/craft-a-case-to-store-your-pens-penspinning[/B] It's something simple, but it works for me. Holds 3 pens and can easily be stored in a jacket or pocket. Let me know what you think, and feel free to request one on the Fiverr Gig. Hope to make you one soon! - Para

2. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Nov 7 2013 22:36:56

Hey, that's really cool, but it's more of a pouch than a case. A case should really fully encase and protect the pens, like the current cases we have. Perhaps you could design a thin inner padding for protection and a top section to completely cover and protect the pens. You could also make it overlap a little and use an elastic fitting to connect the two parta when closed so that it can take all pen lengths. A little extra size would also be useful, because three pens are easily fitted inside a pocket, not needing a pouch. You're got a good looking product, but that's just my two cents on if you wanna consider any changes.

3. Paradoxianism
    Date: Fri, Nov 8 2013 15:29:30

Really good tips, I appreciate it! At the moment I'm not really planning on customizing the pouch (you might be right about it not being a proper case), but this definitely is something I have in mind for later! Your point about them not being fully encased, the picture is the 'pouch' when open, one needs to slide the other side over the other half and they'll overlap just a little bit. I've been thinking of a way to make the 2 halves 'connect' when closed, but seeing as I'm quite new to all of this (the whole crafting as well) I kept it simple. In all honesty, I'm mainly looking to see whether there's interest in these simple, smaller cases/pouches and after that I'll work on creating better ones. Again, thanks for the tips!