UPSB v4

Single Member & Tag Videos / PERSIST Pen Spinning Session 10/26/13

1. PERSIST
    Date: Sun, Oct 27 2013 08:17:41

w00t [video=youtube;79P1cZsYRao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=79P1cZsYRao[/video] My final video for now. I won't be uploading videos for a while since I want to practice more in order to produce much better content than I do now. So this is a temporary good-bye.

2. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Oct 27 2013 21:05:19

nice man! good luck practicing!

3. PERSIST
    Date: Sun, Oct 27 2013 21:13:53

Raiz wrote: nice man! good luck practicing!
    Thanks Raiz!

4. HobbyLogics
    Date: Sun, Oct 27 2013 22:52:26

PERSIST wrote: w00t My final video for now. I won't be uploading videos for a while since I want to practice more in order to produce much better content than I do now. So this is a temporary good-bye.
    Practicing is no reason to stop filming.

5. PERSIST
    Date: Sun, Oct 27 2013 22:55:48

HobbyLogics wrote: Practicing is no reason to stop filming.
    I know, but I've gotten a negative comment or two (and many dislikes) on my videos and for that reason I feel that I started my youtube channel too early and should improve more until my videos are really worth supporting. I've only been spinning for about a year and a half now.

6. HobbyLogics
    Date: Sun, Oct 27 2013 22:57:42

PERSIST wrote: I know, but I've gotten a negative comment or two (and many dislikes) on my videos and for that reason I feel that I started my youtube channel too early and should improve more until my videos are really worth supporting.
    Negative comments as in constructive or as in stupid trolls? Either way it doesn't matter, it's nice to be able to look at famous spinners now and look back at their old videos and see how they've improved.

7. PERSIST
    Date: Sun, Oct 27 2013 22:59:13

HobbyLogics wrote: Negative comments as in constructive or as in stupid trolls? Either way it doesn't matter, it's nice to be able to look at famous spinners now and look back at their old videos and see how they've improved.
    Constructive I guess, but the dislikes burn. Anyways, I've made enough noobish videos for now so that people can compare now to the future.

8. HobbyLogics
    Date: Sun, Oct 27 2013 23:06:40

PERSIST wrote: Constructive I guess, but the dislikes burn. Anyways, I've made enough noobish videos for now so that people can compare now to the future.
    It's foolish to stop filming since that's the way you lose interest in pen spinning. Don't film for people watching your videos, film for yourself because you want to show that you've improved. You shouldn't care about dislikes at all, every spinner who has a youtube account at least has some dislikes. If you like spinning and you want to show you're new tricks or improvement, then why let random trolls make you unhappy when you're proud of what you've done? Anyhow, you can still film a random FS once in a while, there's no point to stop filming simply because you're practicing.

9. PERSIST
    Date: Sun, Oct 27 2013 23:08:44

HobbyLogics wrote: It's foolish to stop filming since that's the way you lose interest in pen spinning. Don't film for people watching your videos, film for yourself because you want to show that you've improved. You shouldn't care about dislikes at all, every spinner who has a youtube account at least has some dislikes. If you like spinning and you want to show you're new tricks or improvement, then why let random trolls make you unhappy when you're proud of what you've done? Anyhow, you can still film a random FS once in a while, there's no point to stop filming simply because you're practicing.
    That is true.....that's exactly what I said when I first made the channel... hmm. Maybe I should make videos less frequently but focus on their quality. This video has to be one of the best I ever made, and it took hours of practicing to make it, but I am proud of it.

10. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Oct 28 2013 06:48:45

Hmm, try looking at your combos and seeing how it can be improved Eg smoothness and links could certainly be improved! :) You really should invest in a mod as well

11. HobbyLogics
    Date: Mon, Oct 28 2013 09:57:19

Tommy wrote: You really should invest in a mod as well
    Persist wants to spin a Dr Grip as his main pen, iirc his status update said something about getting inspired by Ease.

12. PERSIST
    Date: Mon, Oct 28 2013 17:30:06

HobbyLogics wrote: Persist wants to spin a Dr Grip as his main pen, iirc his status update said something about getting inspired by Ease.
    Yup, big fan of and inspired by Ease and a couple other skilled Dr. GRIP spinners as well.